Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > remap help north east durham remaps/blackcode
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
cjbullock

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey
remap help north east durham remaps/blackcode

hi i have been looking around and come across 2 local companies DURHAMREMAPS and BLACKCODE both based in durham I think.. they seem quite a bit cheaper than most companies, what they have said they can do is same as the more expensive ones and both answered the questions which I was unsure on,..

is £250-300 a bit cheap for a remap?
And any one know of or used these?

still loving the freelander 2 owned about a month now

Post #120797 20th Nov 2011 12:08 pm
RegG

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Biscay Blue
Re: remap help north east durham remaps/blackcode

cjbullock wrote:
hi i have been looking around and come across 2 local companies DURHAMREMAPS and BLACKCODE both based in durham I think.. they seem quite a bit cheaper than most companies, what they have said they can do is same as the more expensive ones and both answered the questions which I was unsure on,..

is £250-300 a bit cheap for a remap?
And any one know of or used these?

No knowledge of these companies but others on this site have used Superchips Bluefin which is around £399 for the Freelander 2. I am looking at this one at the moment as it appears you can use the Bluefin gizmo to take the car back to original mapping if, for example, its going in for a service. I've been told that any remap will be overwritten with the original when an LR dealer plugs it into their 'system'. I may be wrong on this and will stand corrected if so!!

Take a look at Superchips and compare with what your two companies offer. 2010 HSE TD4 auto, Biscay Blue, Almond Leather, facelift front and rear, detachable towbar, front & rear mudflaps, bib spoilers, clear high level brake light, smooth rear wiper, colour coded door handles.

Previous Land Rovers:
2007 Freelander 2 HSE i6 in Stornoway Grey
1991 Discovery 200tdi 3 door in blue

Post #120802 20th Nov 2011 12:55 pm
cjbullock

I had one of those that you order online over phone for my audi A3 whilst it was good, I didnt like the fact that I wasent dealing with an actual person, I found with my last car golf gti, i got this done with revo and got it done at one of there garages, when car came to service they reverted it back for me and then just put it back on.. found by chatting with the mechanic, if anything was going wrong or I wanted the map to give me more fuel long trips or power he was able to do this far better than I would with my laptop.. if your going to the dealer then superchips I guess will be good... I'm gutted revo dont do one for landrover was top class service

Post #120803 20th Nov 2011 1:19 pm
Junior

England 

Blackcode are a franchise, from what I heard head office is a little lock up in stoke that doubles up as a chipsaway type company, they dont have a rolling road so can't develope their own maps??

I've had vehicles done by superchips, it gave me great power increase but blew the gear box cos of too much torque, I have recently had vehicle done by Carbon Chip Tuning in Altrincham who are very knowledgeable and develop their own software and have great reviews on the internet (freeindex etc.)
Another firm who my pal has had a number of vehicles done by are www.optimap.co.uk who do a powermap and a economy map, they did 6 of his vans with great Mpg savings and his 535d which now has rediculas amounts of usable power they also do mobile mapping, he raves about them. Thumbs Up

Post #120814 20th Nov 2011 3:04 pm
cjbullock

Junior, thats what i was thinking with blue code, I will give optimap a ring monday and see what they say.. if they do a mobile one.. i wont be able to get it on a rolling road how do they get around this problem or do they just skip this

Post #120817 20th Nov 2011 3:23 pm
Junior

England 

They use a rolling road when they develop the software, using a research and developement vehicle, the rolling road is essential when developing the software file because its a trial and error type operation.
But once the software has been perfected it's just a case of mirroring the software on to the ecu of another car so basically the rolling road is just a gimmic when fitting the map, so you get a printout graph really.

I would say the drivability and quality of the software update is more important than a willy waving graph to show ya mates Laughing

Post #120827 20th Nov 2011 4:19 pm
cjbullock

Going to book in with them, they offer 3, power economy or bit of both which did you go for

Post #120829 20th Nov 2011 4:30 pm
Junior

England 

POWER every time for me, Cool but astonishingly if you drive sedately (changing up before 2000 rpms etc, you can still get better mpg than standard) Thumbs Up

Post #120838 20th Nov 2011 5:37 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1