« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Oil Service due
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
rt

England 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey
Oil Service due

Has anyone seen Oil Service required displayed on the dash? The vehicle is due for it's first service in about 12 days. I have checked the manual and service record book but cannot see it mentioned. It is a MY11 TD4. (7500mls). My previous Freelander only displayed the service due time.

Post #116685 12th Oct 2011 8:52 pm
6froggy

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Yes rt, mine displayed the same message a week after it's first service (after the 30 day count down on the display) so is back with Stratstone Bury as it was already booked in to resolve a gear selection issue.

Apparently both are causing problems for them with the car in for a third day tomorrow. Probelms fitting the gear selector Question and LR have had to be consulted re: the message on the display as they couldn't get rid of it as at 3.00pm today Confused Just want the car back but only when it is sorted so will have to wait I suppose but the courtesy Mondeo is not helping Yawn . Will let you know how it goes - I should get an update tomorrow.

Post #116689 12th Oct 2011 9:11 pm
ad210358

England 

Mine also did this, had it's first service and a week later it displayed the message oil service due. Prior to this I had the normal 30 day service reminder. It was already booked in with the dealer for a software issue and when it came back it was ok and a month down the road it hasn't been displayed since.

Post #116694 12th Oct 2011 9:22 pm
6froggy

[quote="ad210358"]Mine also did this, had it's first service and a week later it displayed the message oil service due. Prior to this I had the normal 30 day service reminder. It was already booked in with the dealer for a software issue and when it came back it was ok and a month down the road it hasn't been displayed since.[/quote]

Good to know it was sorted - hopefully mine will be but they were sratching their heads today it seems over this and the gearbox issue.

Post #116697 12th Oct 2011 9:35 pm
GSMY11

2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Lago Grey

My One had the same issue. Serviced at 15000 miles and just past 16000 there was this oil service reuired message appeared. Returned to dealer who put it on to the computer to get rid of it. --was told that there was an option on the menu to switch this message off. It has not re-appeared again but - shall see what happens next time round. No one has been able to explain to me why the service portolio appears to indicate that a diesel requires servicing at 16000 mils rather than 15000. Dealer did not know, so it was serviced at 15000. 1ould there be some connection?? It is very disappointing that dealers do not appear to know what's going on. - thought they all went on factory training programmes to keep up to date?

Post #116764 13th Oct 2011 6:26 pm
bigalf1961

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey

hi 6 froggy mine came on after it had its service the mondao you had i had that car it was Censored to drive Smile rainy-city
xs

Post #116786 13th Oct 2011 8:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
6froggy

Freelander back and all fixed Very Happy good ridance to the Mondeo Evil or Very Mad Oil service due message sorted and gear box selector replaced - feels like a brand new car!

Post #116812 13th Oct 2011 11:03 pm
DrownedRat

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Rimini Red

Oil service message must be linked to the other service indicator. Due to an accident mine was off road for 5 weeks and as a result has done less than 8000 miles in first year. I know that I do quite a bit of round town driving but this seems little excessive if the car is actually monitoring the engine oil quality.

Anyone know what triggers this message - time or quality?

I have noticed that since the service count down and oil service message my mpg has got quite a bit worse.... coincidence or what?

DR There's always a way forward!

2008 Freelander Td4 GS - Stornoway Grey - Now Gone - Sob
2011 Freelander Td4 GS 150 - Rimini Red - in its place - Better x far x 4!!

Post #120589 18th Nov 2011 12:40 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1