User Registered Confirmed
User Registered Confirmed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 
A day out for the Scottish Contingent

The Scottish Land Rover Owners Club will be holding what they call a Green Road Run on the 9th December. At the moment the proposed route is from Lix Toll near to Killin, via the old railway track to the head of Gleann Dubh. This one is very suitable for shiney's as there are no overhanging trees or gorse bushes close to the trail. The route itself starts just off the A85 about 200m before the Land Rover garage at Lix Toll and is on a proper laid shooting road and disused railway bed. I did this earlier this year in my TDv6 and there are some photos of the route here.
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic6200.html
This run is very suitable for Freelanders and you won't be asked to get into the same situation as one of the Disco1's in the pictures! No special tyres are required but a tow rope would be useful just in case as it has been very wet up here in the last few days!

Please PM me if you are interested in joining us and I will get back to you with confirmation of the venue and with details of where we meet up before the start. How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #10430 21st Nov 2007 7:30 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Lix Toll, Laughing

I was just down the road at the Caravan Club site at Killin earlier this year, lovely area Exclamation especially the Falls of Drochart pubs Nice Food and Guiness

Is the owner of Lix Toll going in his Yellow Defender with the catterpiller tracks?

Feel dissapointed that i was so close to a bit of off roading and didn't know about it Sad

There is a nice Forest Drive (7miles) on National Forestry Commission lanes just off the Dukes Pass (A821) above Aberfoyle though, not real off roading as my brother V50 could cope with the tracks Smile Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #10445 22nd Nov 2007 12:00 am
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

I think that Yellow Landie hasn't moved in years! There is another one there as well - a pick-up that has huge tractor tyres on it for bog wading, it was made for Forest Enterprise and is now a collectors car. Lix Toll have a few rare and unusual Landies and if you are up there they like folks to drop in and look, it's free! It was then that converted my 90 from a van to a Stationwagon. How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover

Post #10455 22nd Nov 2007 10:18 am
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

It's 6pm on Saturady and just in case anybody is thinking of coming along unannouced I thought that I would let you know that we have had a blizzard out here in the Trossachs and we have 3cms of snow laying already, and another 7 forecast overnight - a great opportunity to try out the snow setting on your TR but unless we get rain during the night I would imagine that a drive up to Lochearnhead will be the last thing you want to do in your Freelander tomorrow. I'll be there in my 90 if it is still on, the RR Sport will be staying on the drive because I chose to delay fitting the Snow tyres until next week..................... like an idiot! How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?

Post #11403 8th Dec 2007 7:39 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

2 guys from Disco 3.co.uk came along and despite the snow and it being extremely cold up at 2000ft we had an enjoyable day. I have posted some pictures here http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post232278.html#232278 and the last few are what the same route looks like in May. I think that some of you would enjoy these drives as the idea is to get people out in their Land Rovers on non damaging terrain with their family, enjoying themselves. How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?

Post #11431 9th Dec 2007 6:38 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Great photos Tim Thumbs Up beautiful scenery too Thumbs Up ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #11434 9th Dec 2007 6:59 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

You should have come and joined us Dave. DSL came from South Wales via Granton-on-Spey to join in! The Freelander2 would have handled it easily in the Snow mode, which is what the D3's used. How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?

Post #11444 9th Dec 2007 9:29 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1