« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > My local dealer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 
My local dealer

I called intoday when passing my local dealer just to have a look at what they have done to their new showroom at their site in Leeds.

Its HUGE, and totally transformed from been quite dark and small feeling to open spaced glossy tiled floor with a great modern feel, all done for the Evoque launch.

Whilst there i saw a couple of the Freelander 2 Sport LE's one in white & one in black, a very nice looking car, the body kits looking alot better than the original HST kits, spec wise a little lacking.

I then moved on to having a good nosey at a D4 Landmark in the new Orkney Grey, which is very similar to Stornaway, but looks a little flatter colour with less sparkle. The Landmark looks to be my ideal spec'ed D4, not silly HSE money, but just above the XS, I'm not sure the gloss black handles suite the car though.

Whilst there i thought i better look at the Evoque, straight over to a top of the range 5 door in white, outside it looks gorgeous, inside you feel tucked in with the high centre console, comfortable, Passenger side the same, I could cope with this i thought to myself. On to the back seats, loads of room, on to the boot, good size, not too much taken away compare to the FL2, power boot closer, NICE Cool

Back to the drivers seat, adjust to get my seating position, look backward, shock horror What a small rear window Shocked driving back to the office its about have the size of the freelanders and visibility would be about the same if we packed our boots to block off the lower part, it was a very small and high up rear window, something i don't think i could get used to which is a real shame as the all in black one, with black wheels looked VERY NICE

I suppose things could be different once i get one to have a test drive, when i start properly looking to change, but the other sticking part can't be gotten used to it will only tow 1800kg so that knocks my plans for the next twin axle caravan on the head

At the moment I am firmly in the FL2.3 HST Arse Piece or even a FL3 if things start to come out , D4 or a 2nd hand RRS mindset Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #113156 14th Sep 2011 1:50 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

I dropped mine in today for a service and had to go and have a quick look at the five door ewok - just to satisfy my curiosity...

Anyway - I've fallen in love. It is right up my street, the fit and finish is superb, it looks fantastic and I'm told it drives very well on the road.

The back seat look like they might be a bit of a squeze with three in, but I think it'll do it. I did'nt get to see the boot as the battery was dead, but the salesman said that its about Fl2 size, but just an odd shape (dog owners wont get their labs in!)

All I need to do now is start saving Smile Sorry folks but I might just be an Ewok convertee Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #113167 14th Sep 2011 2:17 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

as i say i couldn't fault the car, bar its towing limits, but thats not too bad, but its the back window and lack of visibility which would be my stumbling block.

Not sure on spec, but definatly need parking sensors and camera in it Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #113169 14th Sep 2011 2:23 pm
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

1800kg - Nick is that what LR say it will tow or what it the car weighs Question

Post #113187 14th Sep 2011 3:59 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

what "Tim in scotland" told me, i haven't seen the official figures Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #113190 14th Sep 2011 4:19 pm
EYorkshire

Evoque kerbweights start at 1640kg with a maximum braked towing weight of 1800kg, so for the 85% rule it comes out at 1394kg. Seems the car suspension/chassis is quite capable to pull over the 85% if your'e experienced.

Post #113191 14th Sep 2011 4:28 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

since LandRovers site doesn't seem to list anything i have been to parkers

Quote:
Unbraked Towing Weight 750 kg
Braked Towing Weight 1800 kg

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Detail.aspx?deriv=51573 Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #113194 14th Sep 2011 4:40 pm
landy19840

Israel 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

I think I may be the only person who dislikes the evouke due its size and impracticality! It really is too small inside for someone of my height I hit my head every time I moved in it, I have driven 2 now and found this with both! Also the seat behind the drivers while adjusted for me would unusable! I think a disco 4 is better money spent!

Post #113201 14th Sep 2011 5:06 pm
LDKMan

Wales 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Orkney Grey

I too was in my local show room yesterday.
Looked at the D4 Landmark, impressed but didn't like the black wheels.
Couldn't get near the 5 door Evoque, as salesman was showing a potential buyer around!! Therefore no comment.

Peter GONE - LARGO GREY FL2 09 SE.
FL2 61 XS.

Post #113232 14th Sep 2011 7:22 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I quite like them There black wheels Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #113233 14th Sep 2011 7:24 pm
Pegleg

Wales 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

The 'park assist' feature should overcome the poor rear view visibility.
I've used it on other cars; takes some getting used to, but it really works.
Must say i'm rather taken with Evoque, might be wise to wait until the output of service fixes from L/R reduces! Another member of the failed FL2 clutch/DMF club, twice.

Post #113236 14th Sep 2011 7:44 pm
landy19840

Israel 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Black wheels are cool, only if it's not on a White car! And they are genuine wheels not some aftermarket gash

Post #113237 14th Sep 2011 7:46 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

I like black wheels - hides the brake dust Thumbs Up Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #113242 14th Sep 2011 8:15 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I'll soon find out the wife's car has them, I heard not easy to keep clean as road grime is never black Sad Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #113250 14th Sep 2011 8:48 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1