« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Radio
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ebygum32

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
Radio

Not too sure if anyone has heard about this but SWMBO's FL2 57 plate GS has a couple of problems with the radio,

1. CD keeps getting stuck and radio freezes only way to sort it out is stop key out then start up again some times she can press the FM button and it ejects the CD Shocked She uses original discs not copies, this radio is basic speck not Harmon Kardon or simular.

2. Since she has had it the AM stations have been hit and miss or should i say hiss,

Taken to stealers twice but no joy and because it does not happen when it is there "no fault found" Censored last time spoke to mechanic who had a look at it and he says he has never seen anything like it before asked his mate who was with him and he says "oh yes has happened with Range Rovers the freezing of CD's and he seems to think that there is a bulletin coming out re issues with radio stations, will phone me later, phoned you other day yes there is a bulletin and it has to come back in for further checks.

They did say that as i live on the outskirts of Leeds (A1 side) and they are Doncaster that the radio frequency could not be picked up and that they have checked every other vehicle and they also could not pick up the frequency, strange that i drove down to london in my D3 and had the station on for over 50 miles with out issue that is 30 miles past the dealers. Whistle

Its booked in next month so will keep you updated on what is said.

Post #110695 20th Aug 2011 5:43 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

Never tried a CD in mine, but it certainly is a rubbish radio. Issues I have, apart from the sound, which just isn't up to Radio 3 standards, are the fact that it often loses a station when first switched on - you have to tune to a different station, then back to the one you want - and recently it has stopped picking up traffic information. Mine's an 07 GS, and I think the (basic) radio is definitely the weakest thing about the car.

Post #110711 20th Aug 2011 10:28 pm
Garyvuk

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

i have had my GS for a couple of months now and although i haven't experienced the problem your having with the CD's i have had the radio lose all preset stations.

also, it seems that if it's not a BBC station then i have trouble locating local stations and they fade in an out.

i have notice newer FR2's with an aerial mounted on the roof, does anybody know where these can be sourced/fitted and any idea of cost? as i think the poor reception is dow to the aerial..

this is the only complaint i have, the Freelander 2 is far better than the Grand Cherokee Jeep that i previously owned and cheaper to run.

regards

Gary

Post #111298 27th Aug 2011 1:10 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

Any of you got aftermarket tints at all? Some films are metallic and so effect the ariel in the rear windows. The little dome on top is just for GPS I think. I've got carbon film and have never had a problem with reception - in fact it is far better than my old 3 e90 series which was rubbish.

I have to say TA is annoying tho as if it is turned on it continually cuts out!

As for the resetting thing - I thought there was an update for this? Not sure if its on all radios tho? Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #111306 27th Aug 2011 2:37 pm
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Garyvuk wrote:
i have notice newer FR2's with an aerial mounted on the roof, does anybody know where these can be sourced/fitted and any idea of cost? as i think the poor reception is dow to the aerial..

Gary

I do believe the aerial you mention is the SatNav aerial fitted to SEs, HSEs & others (rear roof centre). I am sure the radio aerial is in the rear side windows.

Bob 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Last edited by dunkley201 on 27th Aug 2011 4:30 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #111312 27th Aug 2011 4:17 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Aerial is in the rear side window.
SatNav is mounted on the roof on XS and HSE models

Post #111315 27th Aug 2011 4:30 pm
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

the unit in my HSE is absolutely superb.

Iain

Post #111317 27th Aug 2011 5:09 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

I specified DAB and 6 x CD changer for my XS and I'm perfectly happy with the system I ended up with.

Post #111326 27th Aug 2011 8:22 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

The two previous comments miss the point - the 07 GS has the bog standard radio - the better model and the DAB model apparently can't be retrofitted.

Post #111348 28th Aug 2011 12:04 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1