Home > General > Outrageous Landrover Customer Service
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
apc67

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Outrageous Landrover Customer Service

I'm fuming,

I have on order a HSE SD4 in Orkney Grey with xenons and ipod connection kit as extras. I am due to collect the car on 2 sep when I get back from Afghan. I have settled the money and today I get a short frank email sayiong that due to huge back logs in the factory, landrover have withdrawn the option of Ipod connection kits.

Now Landrover are already renowned for poor customer services and poor reliability/build quality, despite which I decided to change from BMW and go for the Freelander.

This has really Censored me off and I am waiting to see whether I can cancel my order -I will keep you posted.

Very poor showing from Landrover indeed!!!

Post #110822 22nd Aug 2011 4:18 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Maybe James at LPR can confirm this?

I thought these were dealer fit accessories Prior to dpi Confused Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #110826 22nd Aug 2011 4:34 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

I wouldnt worry to much about not having the ipod kit, its expensive for what it is. You can still use your IPOD by connecting it to the socket by the gearstick and control the volume from the steering wheel, the only thing you wont be able to do is change tracks which if you are like me and leave it on shuffle wont effect you anyway.

I would tell them you are not happy and see if they will discount another accessory for your inconvenience (Stainless Steel sill plates look nice) Thumbs Up Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #110828 22nd Aug 2011 4:45 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #110831 22nd Aug 2011 4:54 pm
Lookers Park Royal

npinks wrote:
Maybe James at LPR can confirm this?

I thought these were dealer fit accessories Prior to dpi Confused

Yes, sadly the iPod connectivity module has been discontinued. To be fair this was communicated many months ago (I'm guessing around February time). I wouldn't cancel purely due to the module.

James Thumbs Up

Post #110833 22nd Aug 2011 4:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BrianAbbott

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Ipanema Sand

LR's customer service aside, you'll probably find that the iPod interface is no great loss. You can still connect and play from an iPod or any similar player; all you lose (I gather) is the ability to select the track via the car radio controls. Brian

MY11 FL2 SD4 GS
Extras to same spec as XS apart from the Satnav, plus Xenons.
Ipenema Sand, Ebony.

Post #110834 22nd Aug 2011 5:00 pm
j77

Scotland 

Even my salesman advised against it saying it was over priced. Your lucky they even told you I ordered leather steering wheel, but then they changed everything and it was only available for the GS as part of the leather pack, so took it upon themselves to add this to my order. I only found out when I asked my salesman to upgrade the alloys and he noticed the car was a lot more expensive than when he worked out the finance. But hey it's all part off the fun off being a land rover customer Rolling with laughter. I wouldn't have anything else. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #110836 22nd Aug 2011 5:10 pm
Swingwing

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic9394.html?highlight=ipod

I got one of these from another thread and my IPOD works a treat.

After the Taliban LR are a soft target so don't get too worked up, just get home safely and enjoy.

Post #110840 22nd Aug 2011 5:19 pm
landy19840

Israel 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Stand your ground!! Most cars have a proper iPod connection these days, it's a little Censored poor that one of the market leaders don't and rely on a phono jack!

Post #110842 22nd Aug 2011 5:24 pm
richardk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Aintree Green

It's annoying when manufacturers/dealers fail to communicate effectively..especially when they have your money!

However going slightly off track...I see no reason why car manufactuerers have to provide connectivity for one manufacurers device when there are so many on the market. My Nissan for example just takes a usb connection - now isn't that simple!

Hope you get something else from the dealer as way of compensation...it's obviously their error in leaving it this long to tell you.....

Post #110844 22nd Aug 2011 5:31 pm
Swingwing

landy19840 wrote:
Stand your ground!! Most cars have a proper iPod connection these days, it's a little Censored poor that one of the market leaders don't and rely on a phono jack!

As I said it works a treat - what beats that?

Post #110845 22nd Aug 2011 5:31 pm
snowy22255

Scotland 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Hi APC67

I had a similar issue with my new Freelander last year, I ordered the iPod kit as an addition to the original spec and the dealer was going to pick up the tab as compensation for a previous mistake they made. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Unfortunately the car arrived minus the kit Evil or Very Mad and subsequent enquiry revealed the one I ordered had been discontinued after the order and its replacement was not in stock. Question Question I did see a photo of the replacement in the accessories catalogue but from what I can understand from my dealers parts department none were ever delivered.

In the end I bought the [url]Kensington LiquidAUX Auxiliary Car Kit with Remote for iPod; iPhone 1G, 3G[/url] on Amazon which with the remote control allows me to change tracks etc while leaving the ipod permanently connected but out of sight. The remote control comes in a holder that can be attached to the steering wheel or as I have done removed from the holder and attached discreetly to the dash with double sided tape. Very Happy Very Happy
Hope this is helpful.

Post #110853 22nd Aug 2011 6:09 pm
Mona Geeza

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Or worse still it comes without the things it supposed to have as standard equipment, like no heaters in the seats when it supposed to have them. Shocked

Post #110857 22nd Aug 2011 7:13 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1