« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Heated windscreen
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
u2fan1967

United States 2007 LR2 i6 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
Used it for the first time today - Fantastic

had to use to today. it was 32' out and vehicle was covered in a layer of ice.
got in vehicle, started it, turned on screen button and in literally 30 seconds the windshield was clear.

Thank you land rover!

Post #9661 7th Nov 2007 10:04 pm
Goldstone69

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green
Re: Used it for the first time today - Fantastic

u2fan1967 wrote:
got in vehicle, started it, turned on screen button and in literally 30 seconds the windshield was clear.

Thank you land rover!

Big Cry Big Cry why oh why didn`t i get the cold climate pack Sad ...................not at all jealous u2fan1967 ...honest Mr. Green

Post #9666 7th Nov 2007 11:44 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 
Re: Used it for the first time today - Fantastic

Goldstone69 wrote:
u2fan1967 wrote:

Thank you land rover!

Big Cry Big Cry why oh why didn`t i get the cold climate pack Sad ...................not at all jealous u2fan1967 ...honest Mr. Green

just think how many bottles of de-icer you can buy with £250 Laughing

Post #9667 7th Nov 2007 11:50 pm
jimmy

Denmark 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Goldstone69 wrote:
Thanks for the info rovers Thumbs Up have contacted my local dealer ..they quoted £359 just for the screen Shocked they are getting back to me about total cost to install , not looking promising.

Hey Goldstone - did you get a quote to retro fit the heated windsreen ??

My FL2 arrived in Denmark last week missing the complete "Cold Climate Pack" (heated windscreen & washers) that I ordered - and the Dealer advised it could not be retro fitted due to missing wiring looms (that have to be installed during the assembly build).

thanks, Jimmy

Post #9683 8th Nov 2007 9:28 am
Goldstone69

Hi jimmy

I rang my dealer to find out if the heated windscreen could be RETRO fitted they said they had never done it before but would find out more info/cost etc. Next day they rang to say the windscreen alone would be £359 Shocked and weren`t sure if the correct wiring would be in place so next time they had a FL2 in which needed work doing behind the dashboard they would look to see if the wiring /connections were there.
Have heard nothing since so assume its as you say only possible to fit at the factory....to be honest i lost interest when i heard the initial cost of a new screen was £359 add fitting add labour £££££££ too pricey.Sorry could not be of more help Sad

I would be very Censored off as i`m sure you are if it had been pre ordered and it then arrived without the pack have you accepted the car or are you now waiting for another one Question

GS69

Post #9688 8th Nov 2007 10:32 am
jimmy

Goldstone69 wrote:
Hi jimmy

I rang my dealer to find out if the heated windscreen could be RETRO fitted they said they had never done it before but would find out more info/cost etc. Next day they rang to say the windscreen alone would be £359 Shocked and weren`t sure if the correct wiring would be in place so next time they had a FL2 in which needed work doing behind the dashboard they would look to see if the wiring /connections were there.
Have heard nothing since so assume its as you say only possible to fit at the factory....to be honest i lost interest when i heard the initial cost of a new screen was £359 add fitting add labour £££££££ too pricey.Sorry could not be of more help Sad

I would be very Censored off as i`m sure you are if it had been pre ordered and it then arrived without the pack have you accepted the car or are you now waiting for another one Question

GS69

I actually have accepted the car - although I was severly Censored off that they couldn't organise a straightforward Option Pack, that was ordered with the car.

If I wait for another car (hopefully including everything I ordered) - then the wait is another 3-4 months - so I miss my ski holidays where I'm driving to France & Italy.

Furthermore - do I really, confidently believe the 2nd car will be as I ordered ? Not really - based on this.

So - I got a little (& I mean little) compensation !

But there is nothing else to do if I want the FL2 for my ski holidays..........What a mess !

I have to say that I'm not completely surprised that there is a screw up with LR.

Post #9693 8th Nov 2007 11:30 am
Goldstone69

jimmy wrote:
But there is nothing else to do if I want the FL2 for my ski holidays..........What a mess !

I have to say that I'm not completely surprised that there is a screw up with LR.

The FL2 is a great product its a real shame the reliability/competence in certain areas is so poor . Anyway enjoy your ski holiday look forward to seeing some great pics of your FL2 up to its wing mirrors in snow Very Happy Thumbs Up

Post #9699 8th Nov 2007 1:11 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Sorry to hear that there is a few people out there that have not received there heated windscreens/ winter climate packs on there cars. Sad

I have a solution to this in another one of my Dragon Den's brain storming idea's whilst having a beer last night.

For a price of £25.00 plus £10.99 P&P I can provide you with a heat windscreen, with a little searching I think I maybe able to provide them a Landrover Badge too. (these prices includes my I want a FFRR markup)

If you wish to have a look at my inspiration (the word Muse) confused a few people (well one to be precice Laughing )

Have a look here

Please let me know with your orders, and wether your going to want gift wrapping, since Christmas is just round the corner

Post #9700 8th Nov 2007 1:18 pm
Goldstone69

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter I`M IN Exclamation and thanks for not confusing me with odd words Thumbs Up

(you should issue a warning before linking to a c Censored n site Shocked ...have just noticed i`ve come out in a rash Big Cry )

Last edited by Goldstone69 on 8th Nov 2007 1:50 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #9701 8th Nov 2007 1:22 pm
jimmy

uuurrmmm.........plug in electrical device usually used by women.........c'mon npinks, I thought you didn't like innuendo's......... Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #9702 8th Nov 2007 1:50 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Goldstone69 wrote:
Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter I`M IN Exclamation and thanks for not confusing me with odd words Thumbs Up

Its it the Green or Black badged version your wanting Question

I'll have to check whether there in stock or on back order too Exclamation

I'f you order it with a cable and plug, i'll do my best to get it on the orderform..... can't promise though

Post #9703 8th Nov 2007 1:51 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Goldstone69 wrote:

(you should issue a warning before linking to a c Censored n site Shocked ...have just noticed i`ve come out in a rash Big Cry )

Best clear your history before you boss finds out, you could get the sack for browsing those kind of sites.

You can do this by right clicking on the link, then select add to Favourites, then press OK

Post #9704 8th Nov 2007 1:55 pm
Goldstone69

c Censored n sites are on the restricted/offensive list allready have no idea how it got through Confused Laughing

Quote:
Its it the Green or Black badged version your wanting

Green please...no plug Mr. Green

Post #9705 8th Nov 2007 2:03 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Goldstone69 wrote:
Green please...no plug Mr. Green

Here you go hot off the production line

Post #9706 8th Nov 2007 2:18 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

jimmy wrote:
uuurrmmm.........plug in electrical device usually used by women.........c'mon npinks, I thought you didn't like innuendo's......... Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

I have hair regions that occasionally like a good blow...... Embarassed

Post #9707 8th Nov 2007 2:36 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>