« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Hunters Derby
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Labradorslave

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
Hunters Derby

Bought a FL2 about a month ago from Hunters. It developed an annoying squeak within a week. I took it back to them and they diagnosed a faulty handbrake mechanism. Collected it from my work, replaced discs, pads and shoes and returned it back valeted at no cost! Can't fault the service, particularly as the FL2 was used and not new. Overall had a positive experience. Very Happy

Post #108383 22nd Jul 2011 10:05 pm
geoff.c

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Izmir Blue
hunters derby

I too have had excellent service at Hunters. I purchased my FL2 at Sturgess, as I couldn't find anything suitable locally, and in my price range. When the o/s/r door lock failed, the assistance man booked me into Hunters. I sort of thought that they would be reluctant, or just unhelpful with extended warranty on a car not from them. They could not have done more for me, and a replacement catch assembly was fitted. I was given regular progress calls too. Then the airbag lamp, which Sturgess had called in the factory techs to,four months previous, came on again. L/R assistance attended, and booked me in again at Hunters. They too had to call in the factory engineer, to help with diagnosis, the car was in for 6 days. I was given a hire car for this time, a top of the range FL2 auto. The regular update calls while the car was there, let me know how it was going. Eventually, a passenger airbag and some wiring were replaced, and up to now, all is fine. I have seen some negative comments about Hunters, but up to now, my experience is very good, can't fault them at all. Even the glove box has been adjusted to close easily! Very Happy

Post #108588 26th Jul 2011 8:44 pm
RegG

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Biscay Blue
Hunters Land Rover Derby (and Kings Lynn)

I took delivery of my 2009 HSE four weeks ago from Hunters in Kings Lynn following a very enjoyable buyying experience, being kept fully informed throughout the process. Three weeks after delivery I found a split in the drivers seat. The Kings Lynn team were very helpful and put me onto the guys at Derby when I asked it the problem could be sorted out there as I live in Nottingham. Hunters at Derby have been extremely helpful, getting the warranty claim underway, authorised and spare parts ordered all within 8 hours! I cannot express my pleasure at dealing with the team in Derby and would recommend both Kings Lynn and Derby to anyone thinking of buying a Landy! Thumbs Up 2010 HSE TD4 auto, Biscay Blue, Almond Leather, facelift front and rear, detachable towbar, front & rear mudflaps, bib spoilers, clear high level brake light, smooth rear wiper, colour coded door handles.

Previous Land Rovers:
2007 Freelander 2 HSE i6 in Stornoway Grey
1991 Discovery 200tdi 3 door in blue

Post #118304 27th Oct 2011 7:27 pm
athelstan

Blimey chaps - 3 satisfied customers at Pride Park. Now that must be worth reporting to the Derby Evening Telegraph and the more circumspect Derbyshire Times.

However joking apart, it is good to hear that they appear to have improved their game after years of very poor customer service. New personnel perhaps?

Post #118321 28th Oct 2011 7:19 am
taztastic

England 

Hunters in Preston supplied my car, excellent all the way. Very Happy

The Hunters Group is part of Inchcape Retail, I have previously had lease cars from Inchcape and never had a problem, the Preston site recently changed its name to Hunters so not sure whether its been a takeover that has turned things around?

Post #118325 28th Oct 2011 8:52 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1