« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Conrico Service Centre, Chertsey
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Chris B

United Kingdom 
Conrico Service Centre, Chertsey

Had a bearnig noise at the rear end while comuting up and down to Woking. I phoned my local dealer who did not recognise a known problem and advised me to call on LR Assist. They came and could not find a problem so arranged for me to attend nearrest dealer to my client, Conrico, next day and an Enterprise rentacar would meet me there:
Car in on Wed 18th May; problem diagnosed as diff nose nearing Thursday.
Had part Friday but only 1 of the 5 tools and fixtures needed to dismantle and reassmeble diff (LR warranty had authorised "low level" repair of just the failed component. Eventaully LR approved a replacement diff after Conrico had ordered one in on spec - good for them, but..
When car was handed back to me:
I checked for locking wheel nut and it had to be retrieved from the workshop -nearly an oops if I had not been on the ball
I picked up a rattle that my deler sorted at service last week -Conrico had left the clamp bolt for exhaust loose
I spotted new cable ties when I looked at the new diff, thought nothing of it but dealer took pics of where Conrico had broken the Haldex harness plug retaining clips (either when removing or placing the plugs). - cable ties will do the job but one is clamped on top of the wiring which may not be so good.
[img]
End verdict - tried very hard in the office but fell down in the workshop[/img] Gone... 2013 XS TD4 Manual Firenze Red
Gone... 2008 (09MY) XS Td4 Manual Stornaway Grey
Prior... 2003 G4 Discovery 2, 1998 Disco 1 and 1997 Disco 1 Company car before that
Also gone in Nov'13, after 7.5 yrs, to new owners with time for more TLC - 1980 Series III 88
Current 2015 Discovery Sport HSE 2.0

Post #106368 28th Jun 2011 7:34 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1