Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Events > Do you really want to meet for a Third Time ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 22 of 25 <123 ... 2122 232425>
Print this entire topic · 
Pegleg

Wales 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Agreed ad1234567898754!
When i refered to the 'cars ability', i meant FL2. Selling a D4 was a figure of speech only to emphasise his enthusiasm.
He is a credit to Landrover.
My b Censored k FL2 is now a right mess after spending the afternoon up on the Long Mynd! Another member of the failed FL2 clutch/DMF club, twice.

Post #116956 15th Oct 2011 7:39 pm
Pegleg

Taz,
Thanks for your comments.
If i was Head of Tata, i'd keep Disco and RR in Solihull. It's the 'Brit' bit that's used to such good effect.
I can see your logic with Pune, worries me a bit. But i think of Nissan Sunderland, the most efficient plant in Europe. UK industry has gone through a huge attitude change over the last 10 years or so.
I hope Tata see it that way and invest here. To move it all to Pune is a hell of a risk.
After all, Tata are to invest in powertrain assy just off the M54 pressumably to feed both Solihull and Halewood.
Maybe there is a long term future for Halewood, i hope so.

Yeah, a nice lakeside location would be nice, first light!
Lake District? Another member of the failed FL2 clutch/DMF club, twice.

Post #116957 15th Oct 2011 8:14 pm
toeknee

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

I was quite surprised at the guide's comments re the Ski Jump but as ad eBay Item No. 12345678910110121115 pointed out, has to be an Auto for any major Off Roading, plus no specific off road tyres, just normal road tyres on all the Land Rover vehicles.

I did mention the previous years bad weather, with all the frost and snow. The guide Bow down simply explained how to use the Terrain Response to the best of its ability's, i will now be ready and full of confidence when the snow comes, Goodyear Wranglers and the TR system (and the knowledge of when and what settings to use) Can't believe what he told me to with Mud & Ruts, but waiting for the snow to try it all out.

Post #116960 15th Oct 2011 8:54 pm
taztastic

England 

You must share it, I was too busy with the bl Censored dy camera.

I did notice the LRE cars had Pirelli Scorpions, although approaching a junction at 70 and waiting until everyones trousers were in peril before braking I won't be trying Shocked

Post #116962 15th Oct 2011 9:03 pm
toeknee

Quote:
taztastic wrote

You must share it, I was too busy with the bl Censored dy camera.

I did notice the LRE cars had Pirelli Scorpions, although approaching a junction at 70 and waiting until everyones trousers were in peril before braking I won't be trying Shocked

Just wait fro the snow, oh yea just wait for the snow then i might tell you Whistle

Post #116963 15th Oct 2011 9:08 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Gradient Release Control (GRC) was originally designed for manual Freelander to overcome the problem of clutch control on steep slopes. The idea behind GRC is to hold the car on the brake for between 3 and 5 seconds to allow the driver to engage the clutch and operate the accelerator if going uphill. Downhill GRC will hold the car as the clutch is engaged and GDC will then control the descent.
Agreed that automatic is easier but in the right hands a manual will do the job but do it too often and it might get expensive in clutches.

Post #116964 15th Oct 2011 9:09 pm
toeknee

Quote:
rchrdleigh wrote
Gradient Release Control (GRC) was originally designed for manual Freelander to overcome the problem of clutch control on steep slopes. The idea behind GRC is to hold the car on the brake for between 3 and 5 seconds to allow the driver to engage the clutch and operate the accelerator if going uphill. Downhill GRC will hold the car as the clutch is engaged and GDC will then control the descent.
Agreed that automatic is easier but in the right hands a manual will do the job but do it too often and it might get expensive in clutches.

Were you the fly on the window Shocked , as that's just about the same as the Guide explained how it all works, word for word, the hefty Ski Jump was a gret demo for the GRC, both facing up and down, yea technology is fantastic

Post #116967 15th Oct 2011 9:29 pm
Pegleg

Tony,
Last winter i found an empty private car park and had fun sliding all over the place with DSC off and normal TR. Change to DSC active and GGS TR mode and the effect is dramatic.

However, stopping the b Censored y thing downhill in snow without winter tyres is another thing even with HDC on. Another member of the failed FL2 clutch/DMF club, twice.

Post #116969 15th Oct 2011 9:42 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

toeknee wrote:
Quote:
rchrdleigh wrote

Were you the fly on the window Shocked , as that's just about the same as the Guide explained how it all works, word for word, the hefty Ski Jump was a gret demo for the GRC, both facing up and down, yea technology is fantastic

I wish I was sounds like you had a great time. I'm lucky enough to have access to the Land Rover Excellence on-line learning site which has modules explaining how all the LR Technolgy works hence my description being close to that of the Instructor at Halewood.

Post #116971 15th Oct 2011 9:51 pm
taztastic

England 

Click image to enlarge

photoshopped a little, but only to remove the car park lines Razz

Post #116974 15th Oct 2011 10:58 pm
toeknee

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thanks Taz, Mrs Toeknee now believes i was in Liverpool yesterday and not down South buying more bits from Natalie Rolling with laughter

Post #116977 15th Oct 2011 11:02 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Great photo taz Thumbs Up

The sun setting on my car making it the same colour as it's backdrop, makes it look fantastically beige Laughing

So what's the next meet going to be? Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #116978 15th Oct 2011 11:16 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Just noticed you took that when I hit my lights on button on te fob Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #116980 15th Oct 2011 11:17 pm
toeknee

Shocked all my hard work has just been rewarded, Mrs Toeknne said " is that your car in the photo" yes how can you tell its ours "because its the Shiniest, " Milestone She has made my day Mr. Green , Now then my rates are cheap if any one wants their cars polishing Laughing Might need to restock after 6 hours on Thursday Whistle

Click image to enlarge

Post #116982 15th Oct 2011 11:22 pm
taztastic

England 

its strange how colours work on a car, my silver one looks to have a higher bonnet than the two Censored ones either side?? Confused

Post #116984 15th Oct 2011 11:24 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 22 of 25 <123 ... 2122 232425>