Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > The only thing missing to make FL2 100% perfect is.......
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
VIKING

Norway 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Caspian Blue
The only thing missing to make FL2 100% perfect is.......

AIRSUSPENSION! If FL2 had airsuspension, it would wipe out all the competition. Exclamation
That is absolutely the only thing missing to make the FL2 100% perfect.

It should definitely have been an option to order these great machines with airsuspension.

Those of you who has driven a car with this kind of suspension, know what I am talking about.

So by posting this, I hope the message eventually will reach Land Rovers Product Developement Team, so when LR3 is introduced, it will be with airsuspension Wink (Securing that i will replace my LR2 with LR3 when the time comes Thumbs Up ) 2008 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Automatic, Caspian Blue, Alpaca, Moon roof, Exclusive pack.

Post #7309 22nd Sep 2007 7:13 pm
Goldstone69

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

The only thing missing to make FL2 perfect is.....another light in the boot.......brighter instrument display lighting.....but most importantly of all BETTER QUALITY CONTROL at the factory , nearly 50% of people polled on here have had minor problems and a significant minority major problems.......not good enough .

The FL2 is brilliant Thumbs Up ....If only Landrover could sort out the reliability Confused other car manufacturers can do it whoevers in charge needs a kick up the Censored ...rant over.

Hope when you get yours Viking it`s 100% perfect Thumbs Up

Post #7311 22nd Sep 2007 7:41 pm
VIKING

Hmmm...., is it that bad? Rolling Eyes Well. before deciding on a FL2, I also visited lots of other forums for other cars. I have never seen so many complaints on a car as when I visited the Porsche Cayenne Forum. On other forums, many praised their cars, others complained about all the faults.
Maybee FL2 is no better or worse than other cars when it comes to reliability?

After all, Land Rover has a good reputation, and is concidered to be a great car.

But AIRSUSPENSION: It is certainly missing that to be a top, top car. 2008 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Automatic, Caspian Blue, Alpaca, Moon roof, Exclusive pack.

Post #7312 22nd Sep 2007 7:54 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I think Land Rover are on a loser from the start as the first market is British and we Brits are known for our incessent winging and moaning, so they are on a loser from the start. Yeh I've had problems, yeh I've had issues, but these cars are FANTASTIC. My business runs Toyata and Merc vans.......OKm tney are vans but thet are vehicles non the less, the Toyata has been a pile of Censored and I will never touch one with a barge pole ever again!!!! Merc not much better, many, many visits to the dealer and my engineers are not meat heads!!!! They are sensible guys who do not abuse the vans so comparde to better JD Power products (OK vans do not compare to cars you will say, Land Rover are not bad believe me. I just wish Land Rover would read this site and PM some of us to get honest owner feed back, treat us as a typical case book...how would that look on this site??? We would welcome them with open arms, discussions, honesty, and stick the JD power results for a manufacturer to converse with its product owners on a forum........HUGE RESPECT!!!! HELLO LAND ROVER!!!!! LISTEN TO US, CALL ME, CALL AVTUR, CALL DEFKALION, CALL NIGHTFOX, any of us on here we love your product we want to help!!! Thumbs Up

Post #7320 22nd Sep 2007 9:41 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Nice one Carl, agree with you !!!

Also agree with Viking about air suspension, as this would (almost with out doubt) bring additional ground clearance as well as possible benefits to on road ride.

Having said that I've heard, from more than one source, that a number of options are missing form the FL2 to ensure that there is sufficient difference between the models. e.g. FL2 to Disco3. I've heard the same said about the front end design of FL2, that there is still more than a trace of FL1 rather than make it too much like the Disco.

Post #7328 23rd Sep 2007 1:29 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

I would like to see a version with air suspension too,

Never had a car with it myself, but when they lend me a car thats got it, such a the RR vogue or the RSS, I love the little button to lower the suspension down, when I am getting out and also making it go up and down up and down when parked at traffic lights.

I think I heard (read) that the RSS lowers the suspension automatically when driving at speed, which would be a good thing

Post #7332 23rd Sep 2007 9:59 am
CY

Scotland 

Air suspension on the FL2 would minimise the difference between it and the RRS, and the gap would start to be filled in.

It's all marketing. If you want the 'magic carpet' ride then you need to give LR more money Rolling Eyes "CY from DISCO3"

Discovery 3 TDV6 SE

Post #7334 23rd Sep 2007 11:15 am
Goldstone69

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

I think a more worrying trait in the British market is not those who moan after they experience Breakdowns or major faults it`s those who say Yeh i`ve had problems ,yeh i`ve had issues but the cars still great Rolling with laughter
That must be music to Landrovers ears a blind loyalty to the brand know matter how low they sink in Reliability ratings (see JD Power survey) and others.

Anyone who really has Landrovers best interest at heart wants the company to learn from past mistakes Reliability is where they have struggled before if they keep making the same mistakes they will go the same way as the rest of the British car manufacturers....The FL2 is fantastic but reliability should not be an optional extra Exclamation

Post #7335 23rd Sep 2007 11:40 am
VIKING

npinks wrote:
I would like to see a version with air suspension too,

Never had a car with it myself, but when they lend me a car thats got it, such a the RR vogue or the RSS, I love the little button to lower the suspension down, when I am getting out and also making it go up and down up and down when parked at traffic lights.

I think I heard (read) that the RSS lowers the suspension automatically when driving at speed, which would be a good thing

Yes, you can do some fun things with air suspension, but the main reason I want it, is beacause the driving feeling is soooo much better. You are more floating over bumps and other obstacles in the road. A totally different and much more comfortable ride.

+ the advantage if you get stuck in the snow: 1) Lower the car to press the snow down. 2) Raise your car to maximum. 3) Voila; You have a free passage out.

You cant do that with regular suspension. 2008 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Automatic, Caspian Blue, Alpaca, Moon roof, Exclusive pack.

Post #7337 23rd Sep 2007 3:44 pm
CY

Scotland 

It's also good for helping the elderly in and out of the D3 Whistle "CY from DISCO3"

Discovery 3 TDV6 SE

Post #7339 23rd Sep 2007 3:57 pm
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

CY wrote:
It's also good for helping the elderly in and out of the D3 Whistle

Very appealing to Avtur I'm sure!!! Rolling with laughter

Post #7340 23rd Sep 2007 4:36 pm
CY

Scotland 

Even better, you can stick it in 'Off Road Height' when they're getting out... listen for the scream Rolling with laughter "CY from DISCO3"

Discovery 3 TDV6 SE

Post #7345 23rd Sep 2007 5:35 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Gambba wrote:
CY wrote:
It's also good for helping the elderly in and out of the D3 Whistle

Very appealing to Avtur I'm sure!!! Rolling with laughter

Would it also have a holder for my white stick????

Post #7347 23rd Sep 2007 7:01 pm
simon

United Kingdom 
Re: The only thing missing to make FL2 100% perfect is......

VIKING wrote:
So by posting this, I hope the message eventually will reach Land Rovers Product Developement Team, so when LR3 is introduced, it will be with airsuspension Wink (Securing that i will replace my LR2 with LR3 when the time comes Thumbs Up )

LR3 already here Viking Wink Its the Disco 3 in American speak.

If you want air suspension and off road prowess... the D3 awaits. Pre enjoyed will be around the price of a brand new FL2 Very Happy

Post #7349 23rd Sep 2007 7:55 pm
VIKING

Re: The only thing missing to make FL2 100% perfect is......

simon wrote:
VIKING wrote:
So by posting this, I hope the message eventually will reach Land Rovers Product Developement Team, so when LR3 is introduced, it will be with airsuspension Wink (Securing that i will replace my LR2 with LR3 when the time comes Thumbs Up )

LR3 already here Viking Wink Its the Disco 3 in American speak.

If you want air suspension and off road prowess... the D3 awaits. Pre enjoyed will be around the price of a brand new FL2 Very Happy

Well, off course I ment Freelander 3. Laughing 2008 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Automatic, Caspian Blue, Alpaca, Moon roof, Exclusive pack.

Post #7357 24th Sep 2007 12:09 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>