Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Availability of roller door for centre console storage?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
gDallasK

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black
Availability of roller door for centre console storage?

Does anyone know if it is possible to obtain the roller cover for the centre console storage? I know it's part of the Premium Pack (and probably standard on higher spec vehicles) but I really don't like open storage boxes which are invitations for thieves if you absentmindedly leave stuff on view.

I don't fancy the Wood Company box, it looks a little too home made for my taste - and anyway I'm still capable of supporting my elbows over quite a lengthy period of time. Particularly if my hands have something to hang on to (like a steering wheel, for example).

And if it is available - has anyone fitted it themselves? The map is not the territory

2011 TD4 GS Manual - Gone
2014 SD4 XS Auto - Gone
2018 Jaguar E-Pace R-Dynamic 180 AWD

Post #101769 13th May 2011 8:38 am
Junior

England 

Available from the dealer-It is a plastic 'Tub' with a roller lid, to fit you have to take out the rubber mat out of the hole, then shove the 'tub' in, mine came with a template for making a few holes in the bottom of console but the holes were already there. I think mine was 30 odd quid??

Post #101774 13th May 2011 9:43 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic1121.html?highlight=

about £50 last time it was discussed

give the parts dept at Lookers Park Royal a call, mention that your a forum member and you'll be looked after

I have one on mine as standard, its open 99% of the time, makes the hole smaller Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #101777 13th May 2011 9:58 am
julytourist

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Rimini Red

Agree with NPinks, I have one now, less useful than the open version I had on previous car.....Post it notes, parking recpt, pen, pills etc. Nothing of value. Change for parking is buried out of sight in door pocket. Not worth £50 IMHO ......JT Upgraded to an ex demo, 7 mth old, Rimini Red/Ebony Napoli Auto HSE on 28th Jan 2011, added roof rails, mudflaps and side strips.
Gone - A great 57 Plate, Auto SE, Bought Feb 2009, Roof Rails and Mudflaps added on purchase. Blue colour, anything but drug dealer black.....

Post #101900 13th May 2011 11:10 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1