« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Lookers Park Royal
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
trawlerman66

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Mauritius Blue
Lookers Park Royal

Having just picked up my new HSE TD4 from Lookers Park Royal two days ago. I found the whole purchasing experience to be outstanding. I traveled down from Glasgow in the morning and was picked up at Gatwick by LPR.

On arrival at the dealership I met Jeremy Jackson for the first time (although we had spoken many times on the phone) and the way he conducted himself left me without a doubt that I will return again for my next purchase. James even made a point of coming out of a meeting to introduce himself which was also appreciated.

With a gleaming car and a full tank of fuel, I was off on my 415 mile journey home which was an excellent and effortless drive.(Although the amount of bug road kill means she needs a wash and polish already)

This being my fourth Freelander from new, I have always had extremely good experiencies with my previous dealers but this one was outstanding.

I know some of us like a good moan now and then about dealers but credit where it is due Lookers Park Royal were well above anyone else I have purchased from before, and I thought they were good. MY13- TD4 XS Mauritius Blue, Privacy glass, Cold climate pack, Tailgate spoiler, Armrest pack, LED signature, Body side mouldings, Full size spare and finally Mudflaps

GONE - MY11 TD4 HSE LAGO GREY Privacy Glass

GONE- 08 GS Stornoway Grey Privacy Glass
GONE- 07 GS Stornoway Grey Privacy Glass
GONE- 04 Silver

Post #100314 29th Apr 2011 8:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
andw

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

i had reason to contact the parts team for a paticular enquirey that with due respect was more info than purchase and i did make it clear, Andrew Harding in parts made it seem he dropped everything he was doing to answer my query within 20min i had all the answers i could wish for.

At this point i must publicly thank andrew but also lookers park royal!

Post #100324 29th Apr 2011 9:54 pm
trawlerman66

I Know LPR are one of the site sponsors and Jeremy said they did quite a bit of business via the site. Anyone else found them to be outstanding? MY13- TD4 XS Mauritius Blue, Privacy glass, Cold climate pack, Tailgate spoiler, Armrest pack, LED signature, Body side mouldings, Full size spare and finally Mudflaps

GONE- 04 Silver

Post #100330 29th Apr 2011 10:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ad210358

England 

I purchased from them and was a pleasure all the way through, no pressure at anytime and all queries answered and all calls returned.
Shame the site mod had been in before me and had taken the china with him Whistle

Post #100333 29th Apr 2011 10:38 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Selfish I know but one likes to drink ones tea from propa china made from the empires best leaves

Hip hip hurrah LPR Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #100347 30th Apr 2011 7:22 am
taztastic

England 

Couldn't match my quote, I emailed the original but said it was a non starter as the originsl dealer had not included metallic at that price, which they had. I have since ordered elsewere with an even better deal, so it pays to shop around.
Had to keep onto them as they were lack lustre in getting back to me.
Shame, although I live in Lancashire their showroom is only 12 mile from the office.

Post #100351 30th Apr 2011 7:53 am
Triple7

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Sometimes it isn't just about the money. I'd gladly pay a bit more to a dealer who sets themselves apart from the rest with excellent customer service & my high expectations being met. Very Happy 2010MY Freelander 2 HSE Auto
Santorini Black with Ebony Napoli Leather

Post #100352 30th Apr 2011 8:43 am
taztastic

England 

Triple7 wrote:
Sometimes it isn't just about the money. I'd gladly pay a bit more to a dealer who sets themselves apart from the rest with excellent customer service & my high expectations being met. Very Happy

I agree entirely, I could have saved a few quid online from Broadspeed and the like if it was about money, however, my experience with LPR was dismal, maybe caught them on a bad few days, spoke on phone and e-mailed, they simply were not interested so I walked away.

They have a very good reputation and their proximity to my office may mean they get my service business, I lookforward to sampling their beverages!!

Post #100360 30th Apr 2011 9:58 am
Lookers Park Royal

Trawlerman,

Many thanks for your kind words and glad that Jeremy looked after you well. Good to meet you too after such an epic journey to collect the new FL2. Let us know if you have any question, however being your 4th you probably know them inside-out!

James Thumbs Up

Taztastic,

We're keen for anyone's business, it's just commercially you have to draw the line somewhere depending on stock holding etc. Not a lack of interest I assure you, just difficult to match/better 'broker' deals sometimes.

We do appreciate the opportunity though.

James Thumbs Up

Post #100368 30th Apr 2011 10:50 am
athelstan

I reported my experience of LPR on this site in another thread at the time last October. But I'm delighted to cover that ground again on this thread as LPR were superb:

We did not buy our FL2 from LPR - we live in Switzerland and bought the vehicle from a recommended official LR dealership who happened to be close to where we live (approx 60kms). That was in November'09. Since that date we have experience niggling faults with the car and a totally unacceptable level of service from the supplying dealer. James of LPR observed my postings on these issues and commented that it was unfortunate that we were not closer to LPR as they would look at her Ladyship's FL2.

In October'10 I had an occasion to visit the UK and so I used the opportunity to take her FL2 instead of flying, and arranged to collect some FL2 "Gifts" for her that I had waiting for me in Blighty and so spoke to James re the possibility of looking at the outstanding issues. Back came a very swift positive response from James that LPR would, and David (Head of Service) at LPR secured a date and time despite the very short notice from me.

The M1 traffic chaos on the day (driving down from Derbyshire on the morning of the appointment I became stuck for over 3hrs at J12 due to major accident), that severely delayed my arrival from the 10:30am slot to shortly after 15:00hrs in the afternoon. Despite that, David greeted me on my arrival and brushed aside my lateness. Naturally we ran through the problems. James also joined the discussion over a coffee. Early the next morning David started a series of 'phone calls to update me on progress throughout the morning (I had a ferry booked out of Dover back to France later that day!) I arrived at LPR in the late afternoon as darkness descended.

David apologized for the fact that they could not complete all the works due to time limitations (which as you can see was my fault and not theirs and he had no need to offer any apology) He explained what was done and personally demonstrated what works were finished. I was delighted to say the least. That episode was a magnanimous extension of the "helping hand" when they corporately knew that it would be very unlikely to result in any commercial gain (new car sales) on their behalf.

Subsequent to that event last October David has responded again when it was observed on this site that her Ladyship has experienced yet again this Spring a failure of her AFS adaptive headlights. Unfortunately I have no planned visits to the UK in my diary and so must prevail here in Switzerland to resolve that irritation - plus others.

Full marks to LPR for Customer Service. And, if LR UK offered the same warranty package as LR CH then I would consider buying a LHD Jaguar or LR product from LPR - but - the warranty is presently poorer in the UK than here in Switzerland. But we'll see..................

Many thanks David and James (if you are reading this) your assistance was and still is very much appreciated. Thumbs Up

Post #100398 30th Apr 2011 6:20 pm
Lookers Park Royal

Yes Athelstan, keeping an eye on the thread! Thanks for your comments and let us know next time you're in Blighty!

James Thumbs Up

Post #100419 30th Apr 2011 8:08 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

Good to hear the almost all positive comments about Lookers. The previous owners of the Park Royal site lost my custom after a series of spectacularly bad repair jobs - service department friendly and helpful, but service mechanics very very incompetent. After the comments on this site I'm tempted to go back to Lookers and see how they do.

Post #100434 30th Apr 2011 10:38 pm
trawlerman66

Next year I may try and factor in a family trip to London and get my car serviced at LPR while I am there.

The 930 mile round trip would be worth it if the Service Dept. replicated the same standards I experienced with the sales team. Thumbs Up MY13- TD4 XS Mauritius Blue, Privacy glass, Cold climate pack, Tailgate spoiler, Armrest pack, LED signature, Body side mouldings, Full size spare and finally Mudflaps

GONE- 04 Silver

Post #100468 1st May 2011 2:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1