Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > With Evoke outselling Freelander 4:1 where are the offers?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 5 12345>
Print this entire topic · 
sweetfreedom

With Evoke outselling Freelander 4:1 where are the offers?

Evoke has overtaken FL2 easily and outsells it fourfold, so where are the offers?

How about 0% advance payment deals across the FL2 range? that'd be a start....and maybe a special addition, perhaps a 'manned-up' version to seperate the proper off-roader even further i.e. a standard S with proper tyres, raised ride height (1.5") etc, also add a few creature comforts as standard...would sell like hot cakes. FL2 GS Auto '58reg

Post #115302 1st Oct 2011 7:40 am
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Personally, I'm still struggling to see what the fuss is all about!

Now, if they made a version of the Evoque that was much more practical (with a decent boot, full sized doors and a proper approach angle), nice big windows, a high driving position, a decent view from the back seat, with a lot less bling and a starting price of around £6,000 less I'd have one. Hang on, haven't I already got one of those.... Rolling Eyes Laughing

Why build Freelanders, only to have to discount them, when they can simply run another Evoque down the same production line ready for Daddy to buy for Jemima from Stratstones in Mayfair?! Laughing

Now, let's see who's already ordered one of the new "comedy" Range Rovers.. Laughing

Post #115305 1st Oct 2011 8:27 am
richardk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Aintree Green

The Evoke production is affecting FL2 production which is likely to result in a shortage of new FL2s......this means demand will outstrip supply so no need for discounts...and with winter just around the corner prices will be on the up.

The current 0% deals are only on HSEs I believe.

Post #115353 1st Oct 2011 5:23 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Evoque is probably outselling Freelander by about 4:1 as Halewood is currently producing about 4 Evoque for every Freelander. Average delivery for a Freelander built to order seems to be pretty much the same now as it was last year.
Land Rover as a whole are struggling to build vehicles fast enough to meet demand at the moment.

Post #115369 1st Oct 2011 8:15 pm
j77

Scotland 

"Comedy range rover" oh how times have changed... It wasn't that long ago that the freelander was the "comedy" land rover but has grown and earned it's stripes as a proper land rover, I am sure the evoque will earn it's stripes as proper range rover. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #115384 1st Oct 2011 9:59 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

richardk wrote:
The Evoke production is affecting FL2 production which is likely to result in a shortage of new FL2s......this means demand will outstrip supply so no need for discounts...and with winter just around the corner prices will be on the up.

This was mentioned to me today when I visited an LR dealer. He said sales of new FL2's had dropped a lot but not on used. I am holding out selling mine until it starts snowing!! Mr. Green (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #115387 1st Oct 2011 11:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
richardk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Aintree Green

Executive Valeter wrote:
richardk wrote:

This was mentioned to me today when I visited an LR dealer. He said sales of new FL2's had dropped a lot but not on used. I am holding out selling mine until it starts snowing!! Mr. Green

Yes same here...although with tempertaures of 28C the snow seems some way off..well at least it means I can keep mine a little longer

Post #115390 2nd Oct 2011 7:32 am
sweetfreedom

Production is chicken and egg really isn't it? ....in that, if the demand is four times greater for the evoke then LR will make four times as many won't they?

Evoke is a success already for LR but it dilutes the marque imo, just as the blingy RR Sport does. Think evoke and RR sport and think Jordan and Kerry - oh dear!

One day, (not yet though) Jeep will rub there hands and people with class and understated style will turn there back's on LR.

At least we still have defender, FL2 and RR, hoorah!! FL2 GS Auto '58reg

Post #115391 2nd Oct 2011 7:43 am
sweetfreedom

Forgot to talk costs as well

In the showroom were two Evokes, one black 3dr sold with 'please don't touch' labels on it, and a blue 5dr up-spec one which I sat in. Now here's the crucial thing....the 3dr was £39k and the 5dr £43k !!!!!! Didn't hang around to look over the spec of these but it makes me wonder who would buy one? unyet obviously thousands already have

I love landrover but I have to say there is so so much 'badge' with these Evokes. You could have a new Jeep Grand Cherokee, the very latest highly regarded model for much less. I just don't get it to be honest but I must congratulate LR for capturing peoples attention even if it is a cynical move towards the bling brigade. FL2 GS Auto '58reg

Post #115397 2nd Oct 2011 8:25 am
hutchingsp

I think they look fantastic, but having sat in one (only sat, not driven) I was struck by how car-like it seemed and how, other than the Range Rover badges, I'd defy anyone to sit in it and think they were in a 4x4 from Land Rover.

I also think that at £30-35k they are decent value, but as with most vehicles start piling on the options and it gets silly like with the £40k Golf or BMW 1-Series do.

Post #115410 2nd Oct 2011 11:34 am
sweetfreedom

I don't think the Evoke represents value for money at all...essentially it is still a very small and impractical vehicle. For similar money an all new Jeep GC or base Disco4 look incredible value, as does the Volvo XC60 etc etc...

I love the LR marque but think the Evoke is all badge. I do like the wraparound front end styling though, it's a good evolution for LR and could be accomodated on the entire range. It does give the Evoke good presence on road and makes it look larger than it really is. However, sitting inside one soon removes the illusion. FL2 GS Auto '58reg

Post #115418 2nd Oct 2011 1:31 pm
rchrdleigh

Having sat inside and driven both an Evoque and Evoque Coupe on and off-road I do not agree that they feel small inside. I'm 6ft2in and even sitting in the back behind another over 6ft driver i had plenty of room.

Would I buy an Evoque? - probably not at the moment as I still prefer my Freelander 2 and if I was going to spend £40000 ish on a replacement I'd probably go for a Discovery or another Freelander.

As to offers - I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for anything in the near future apart from a continuation of the deal that are currently available. Demand may have dropped but production is being adjusted to match demand with excess capacity being used to produce more Evoque's.

Post #115426 2nd Oct 2011 2:49 pm
hutchingsp

sweetfreedom wrote:
I don't think the Evoke represents value for money at all...essentially it is still a very small and impractical vehicle. For similar money an all new Jeep GC or base Disco4 look incredible value, as does the Volvo XC60 etc etc...

It's small and impractical for you, which is fair enough, but it obviously isn't an issue for the people who are buying them.

I don't think Land Rover are aiming the Evoque at people who might otherwise buy a Discovery 4.

They remind me a little of the BMW Mini, good value at a basic level but once you start adding too many toys they're suddenly competing against the bigger stuff.

Different markets. I imagine there's a Kia forum somewhere where the owners have similar views about a Sportage vs. a Freelander 2 Smile

Post #115427 2nd Oct 2011 2:57 pm
rchrdleigh

I was told that Land Rover expect over 80% of Evoque sales to be customers who are new to Land Rover. Evoque is targeted at a segment of the market that Land Rover have not previously covered at it would appear from demand for Evoque that they are being quite successful. Agree sales of other Land Rover/Range Rover models may have dropped but many customers buying Evoque are coming from other brands.

Post #115428 2nd Oct 2011 3:00 pm
sweetfreedom

Some good points and I am sure a great many buyers are coming from different marques which is great for LR, though a great many are also coming frrom FL2 but they are still with LR so that's ok I guess.

If I were in the market for a mummy car I would go for the XC60 because it shouts less and does more, just my twp penneth....

In the meantime I am very happy with our FL2 and Jeep GC FL2 GS Auto '58reg

Post #115433 2nd Oct 2011 3:57 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 5 12345>