Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Does warranty cover problems caused through off roading?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

half true Embarassed I certainly do not moan the lack of a vanners encampment although I know a great place to park caravan, a fields that floods about 3ft deep most years. if you ever go walking down there can you look for my glasses that I lost several years ago whilst strolling home at 3am At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #100039 27th Apr 2011 12:36 pm
ad210358

England 

chicken george wrote:
half true Embarassed I certainly would welcome a vanners encampment although I know a great place to park caravan, a field that is close by and would welcome them every afternoon with freshly baked scones. If you ever go walking down there can you look for my glasses that I lost several years ago whilst strolling home at 3am manically yelling Vanners................Vanners.............

Whistle

Post #100046 27th Apr 2011 1:00 pm
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

My warranty didnt even cover me driving in the snow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Driving down the M5 in a blizzard the snow built up under the n/s wiper and o/s screen, this shortened the sweep, it wasnt safe to stop on the hard shoulder and managed to pull off at the next junction to clear the screen
By then the wiper mechaism was bent and L/R refused to replace under warranty as " snow is act of god" so much for using in bad weather.
To be honest my "landrover experince" overall has been the worst of any car I have owned in 35 years and would seriously have to think whether buying another would be wise !

Post #100163 28th Apr 2011 2:35 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

warranty is for parts failure, not parts failed by damage whether thats snow or mud Rolling Eyes Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #100164 28th Apr 2011 2:53 pm
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

"warranty is for parts failure, not parts failed by damage whether thats snow or mud"

But may be the design should be better !!!!!!!!! The parts failed because the snow couldnt get away ftom the wiper area ! I have had countless new cars over a period in excess of 35 years and never ever had a warranty issue and I have owned other 4x4's as well and driven in the snow and never ever had a failure caused by the snow ! and i used to commute 244 miles per day.
To drive a Landrover that couldnt cope with 17 miles of blizzards before being able to turn off onto a slip road is just ludicrous.
I have also been struck at 70+ whilst stationary on a motorway so there is no way I would stop on the hard shoulder unless the engine had actually failed.

Post #100166 28th Apr 2011 3:19 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Its been in for its service today and LR were not bothered about it having been off road as per npinks' comments. The noise as some of you guys suspected was indeed the heat shield rubbing on the prop shaft.

The fact that it was caused by off roading didn't phase them either! All sorted so big thumbs up to Stratstone Nottingham Thumbs Up LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #100198 28th Apr 2011 7:37 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

Even insurers don't always get fazed by the off-roading. I did some damage to my old Freelander doing an off-road rescue on Dartmoor, and the insurers picked up the bill for two dented sills and a new under-engine tray! (And I was totally straight with them. Didn't expect them to pay up.)

Post #100213 28th Apr 2011 9:49 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123