« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Events > SGRC event 17th April
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 
SGRC event 17th April

2nd meeting of the SGRC will take place on 17th April - meet up point is Killin car park for 1030 depart. I'm not sure which route we will be doing as there are at least 3 quite long runs out into the hills on private shooting roads. No special tyres needed, just fuel, picnic, family/ friends and £10 for the day or £25 for lifetime club membership (plus £10 per event!). The routes are all Freelander2 friendly on hard packed/ gravel private roads How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #98182 8th Apr 2011 9:46 pm
druand

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

Would love to come along and meet other FL2 members but next weekend is Granite City Rally and I am chief scrutineer.
I hope NOT to being on stages as it would only be in the event of an accident. All FL2's (3) Gone
2011 Mercedes C180 CGI Gone
FL2 GS Auto SD with heated leather, factory tints, alloy spare and a few other bits.

Post #98208 9th Apr 2011 12:33 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Were you at the SLROC Bathgate/ Torphican event last weekend Druand - I went along for the Sunday, couldn't make it for the Saturday. Really enjoyed driving the RTV and Tyro sections but I'm still getting the greenery and mud out from under the 90, it's amazingly hard setting stuff that farmyard mud, not a bit like Argyll's nice sandy stuff that blows out once it has dried. Just had to jack the 90 up and take off a wheel at a time to clean out the really stubborn stuff from the springs and brakes How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover

Post #98214 9th Apr 2011 4:14 pm
druand

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

Did not make that one, test day at Kames.
I will be at Drumclog comp on 14th-15th May and at Bathgate Hills 2 day comp on Sept 17th-18th
A collegue was there last week testing his new comp vehicle, he will also be chief scrutineer for some events this year. I remain championship elegibility scrutineer.

There is a round of British Cross Country Championship at Forrest Estate (near New Galloway) on 11-12 June. All FL2's (3) Gone
2011 Mercedes C180 CGI Gone
FL2 GS Auto SD with heated leather, factory tints, alloy spare and a few other bits.

Post #98217 9th Apr 2011 4:32 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Unfortunately I will be out in the Middle East in May, June and July Big Cry And for September I will be collecting a new RREvoque hopefully on the 8th so might make it to Bathgate Hills with it to show it off.................. How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?

Post #98218 9th Apr 2011 4:56 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Well here is what you missed.............. And what a cracking day to be going off into the hills in your landie or Rangie............... very pleasant up on the tops, no midges but still a chill in the air out of the sun and still snow on the higher mountains too

Click image to enlarge

15 other Land Rover products were also out for the day

Nothing difficult, no need for low ratio unless you really wanted to play, hard packed gravel with the odd pothole and tarred sections below the hydro-electric dam. AND I got sunburned!

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?

Post #98986 17th Apr 2011 5:45 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1