« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Stratstones Solihull
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Warkman

2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Stratstones Solihull

We have put in a formal complaint to head of Sales and Marketing JLR about this bunch.

I was away for the weekend and my wife took our Discovery 3 GS 08 plate in to get a quote against a new Freelander.
Slime ball of a salesman, first of all went round the car muttering about a couple of stone chips then said it would need a service and MOT so offered £15,000 against a new freelander which could not be delivered until may and of course this price would go down.

Actually traded the disco in at Guy Salmon Stratford for £22,000 (now on their site at £23,800)

Stratstone Sales scum saw a woman on her own and tried it on with the price, thought those days had gone, but not at Startstones Solihull!

Post #95698 19th Mar 2011 11:14 am
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

agree this is disgusting and probably happens on a widespread regular basis.

they cannot be trusted not to rob people whenever they see the opportunity, just part of the job................

Iain

Post #95881 21st Mar 2011 11:16 am
hutchingsp

I dealt with them when I was interested in used FL2's.

Let's just say I was less than impressed with their attitude and the fact that they couldn't even get the basics right i.e. returning phone calls and responding to emails.

Post #95947 21st Mar 2011 7:15 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

I've had similar experience when trying to buy a car, although recently I used them for service and they were OK (although they did need a bit of coaxing)

I think it might also be something bout dealers in Solihull... just because they are in solihull they think people have money and so dont know how to work for a sale... despite my best efforts, I've never come away from a solihull dealer (various marqus) with a decent offer. Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #95980 21st Mar 2011 10:03 pm
ad210358

England 

hutchingsp wrote:
I dealt with them when I was interested in used FL2's.

Let's just say I was less than impressed with their attitude and the fact that they couldn't even get the basics right i.e. returning phone calls and responding to emails.

You expect them to return calls and emails Shocked
Another one of their branches is not exactly sure on what they are selling.Rolling Eyes
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2007-LAND-ROVER-FREE...2c5b92a317 p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #96025 22nd Mar 2011 10:53 am
devondave

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Santorini Black

Well at least its a picture of a car!

Post #96028 22nd Mar 2011 10:59 am
Pegleg

Wales 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Is the Merc worth more than 25k?
If so,
Sale of Goods, customer rights and all that.
Would they have to sell it for 25k? Whistle Another member of the failed FL2 clutch/DMF club, twice.

Post #96145 22nd Mar 2011 11:38 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

I went into Guy Salmon in Maidstone at least 6 weeks ago, spoke to a salesman who looked at my car. He said he would call me back that afternoon - never did get a call. I wasn't bothered as I had no intention of dealing with them but if I was interested that would likely have put me off! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #96149 23rd Mar 2011 12:07 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
m.g.jones

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Narvik Black

I bought my FL2 from Stratstone Digbeth, Birmingham.
It's like they don't care - ok so it was "only" £17,000. It went back a couple of weeks later for new brake discs, repair to door handles, floor mats which they promised but didn't deliver and Pureguard, which I still don't think has been done. I at least have the MOT certificate now. Still waiting for the service history. I don't know where they get the valeters from, they have no idea. Overall - it's a good job the car was the right price because the experience was rubbish. 07 SE manual, Narvick black.

Post #103068 24th May 2011 10:13 am
Triple7

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

I usually stick up for Startstones, but in fairness it is my usual sales person who is excellent & happens to work for Stratstone, I would follow him wherever he went.

My dealer has just got rid of all their ''Jaguar' sales people and replaced them with non-Jaguar people. Crazy or what, it will be a dismal experience for some new customer trying the brand for the first time. Stratstone have a huge issue retaining staff, no wonder. It needs a clean out, starting from the top. 2010MY Freelander 2 HSE Auto
Santorini Black with Ebony Napoli Leather

Post #103083 24th May 2011 1:40 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1