40%
 40%  [34]
Total Votes: 83

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
defkalion

Greece 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Ok the suspension knock must be from the steering box! Big Cry Censored After 13000km's this is not sth to expect, right? The dealer was very reluctant to admit that there was a problem: I had to show up in a test drive diesel FL2, which had no suspension problem. This convinced them I think, plus we discovered that the diesel and petrol have different steering boxes. So after all those problems I'll vote for serious problems. Anyone with similar problem on i6's? I think I'm ready for a buy-back. Whistle

Post #6608 12th Sep 2007 11:56 am
QUERCUS

2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

oh dear! first real trouncing... can you describe the knocks? my previous BMW had same with both front corners, but that came after 40,000km. turned out it was a control arm problem, typical for that model. 2007 Freelander 2 HSE i6
stornoway grey
black leather

Post #6609 12th Sep 2007 12:28 pm
NewtoLandrover

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

As you will no doubt guess Laughing I'm new to Landrovers and I am so happy with my car. No major problems (or little ones at all - bought 1/7). Defkalion - sorry to hear about your issues - have Landrover agreed to buy it back from you at full value then? Question

Post #6618 12th Sep 2007 4:34 pm
defkalion

As I've said in another post I have tried 3 i6's and they all suffered from the same problem. My particularity was that when reversing and comming off ramps the knock would come through to the steering wheel. So my stats say that 3 out of 3 i6 have the problem, 1 out of 1 diesel's don't. No I haven't discussed the buy-back yet as dealer manager is away for a few days, I will next week. I just wander if 13500km on the clock is a problem for buy-back. Maybe Carlfraz could answer this...
Don't get me wrong though guys. I love this car and think it looks and drives great, maybe I was simply not lucky! Big Cry Big Cry

Post #6624 12th Sep 2007 9:49 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi Def,

As you may remember my buy back occured after three months, or at least thats when it was agreed, it then took another four months for manufacture (well the order process to go through the factory) and a further month delay just for me to gain the new registration plate, which here in the UK is done on 1st of March and 1st Sept.

I think some of the problem you have had Defkalion is your dealer not being that helpful, and as you loved the car in itself, so much, you maybe were not being hard enough with the dealer??. If you have a record of the faults, when they were reported to the dealer, and how, and if, they were ever repaired, or re repaired, you still may have a case. In the UK it is all down to giving the dealer 'reasonable' attempts to put the car right. If you keep getting different faults and each one gets fixed, you may find it harder to argue. Fortunately for me, some of mine got fixed and some after repeated attempts still failed. I think if you want to go down that route you need to move very, VERY quickly, record the faults, and repairs, or attempted repairs, and give the dealer a final chance to correct things, even stae as I did you have the car back for a week to get it right. Advise them, if they fail, the vehicle has not been fit for purpose, and request your money back or a replacement. I am no expert in Greek law, but if we are all part of the EU there should be some equality in our rights of purchase laws.

I loved my first car, don't get me wrong, and you and many other people here have spent a lot of CASH on something......I expect it to be right, the odd thing fair enough, but not starting, phone locking up etc is not good enough. If i had walked into the dealer and said you have that car up for £36.000, I'll give you £25,000, they would say 'Pi55 off'. I paid alot for a brand of car which I expected to work, if it could have been fixed I would have been over the moon Razz , but the repairs didn't Big Cry, and I don't see why I should be expected to live with a product not working when I paid the the agreed price in return for a product that works 100%. The dealer never said 'since we have knocked a couple of grand off some things won't work'. It is all down to what you are prepared to accept. I wanted 100%.......on car No2 it seems to be 100%. They are great cars, NO FANTASTIC!! Thumbs Up and I am off to the offroading day near Bradford in it on the 30th so lets hope she performs Bow down

Post #6630 12th Sep 2007 10:24 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

carlfraz wrote:
Hi Def,
They are great cars, NO FANTASTIC!! Thumbs Up and I am off to the offroading day near Bradford in it on the 30th so lets hope she performs Bow down

OK, so you're bringing your wife too; I didn't realize it was one of 'those' events Whistle Whistle .

Guess I'll have to check if Mrs Avtur is up some off road antics Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #6634 13th Sep 2007 12:05 am
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

avtur wrote:
OK, so you're bringing your wife too; I didn't realize it was one of 'those' events

What Wifeswapping? Laughing

Post #6644 13th Sep 2007 10:18 am
boiledgnat

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

defkalion wrote:
Maybe Carlfraz could answer this...

further to carlfraz's response, I've also found this document http://www.smmt.co.uk/consumeraffairs/booklet.pdf on the SMMT website. It's specific for the UK market, but may give you some good guidance for your claims.

Good luck!

Post #6667 13th Sep 2007 5:03 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Gambba thats what I was doing at Malvern in my photo....swapping the wife for the car......she was just saying 'Bye, bye' to the kids on the phone before I left her there!!.......or were you implying something else Whistle Whistle

Post #6709 13th Sep 2007 9:57 pm
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

carlfraz wrote:
Gambba thats what I was doing at Malvern in my photo....swapping the wife for the car......she was just saying 'Bye, bye' to the kids on the phone before I left her there!!.......or were you implying something else Whistle Whistle

Rolling with laughter

Imply....me.....no...... Whistle

Post #6711 13th Sep 2007 10:02 pm
defkalion

boiledgnat tnx a lot mate! It's gonna be very useful! Thumbs Up

PS There is a second vote for serious problems? What problem is this lad? Or is it someone from BMW with an x3 trying to adulterate the results? Rolling with laughter

Post #6725 13th Sep 2007 11:15 pm
QUERCUS

2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

i agree. a vote for "major problems" should be supplemented with a brief story. 2007 Freelander 2 HSE i6
stornoway grey
black leather

Post #6738 14th Sep 2007 6:39 am
waaxh03

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

How come 50% of people say they haven't had any problems with their FL2 when we all have the b-pillars wear out from seatbelt problem? Confused

waaxh03

Post #6919 17th Sep 2007 7:02 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

waaxh03 wrote:
How come 50% of people say they haven't had any problems with their FL2 when we all have the b-pillars wear out from seatbelt problem? Confused

waaxh03

Guess its a matter of interpretation, problem vs major problem. I wouldn't record a problem for 'just' the B post trim ...

Post #6923 17th Sep 2007 7:08 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

3000 miles on the clock and my B posts look as good as new..............or am I being a bit premature Question ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #6930 17th Sep 2007 8:40 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>