Home > General > What? LR lost to both X3 and the pimped CRV
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
QUERCUS

2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
What? LR lost to both X3 and the pimped CRV

How can that be?

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/13...r-lr2.html 2007 Freelander 2 HSE i6
stornoway grey
black leather

Post #5993 3rd Sep 2007 10:35 am
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I think it is a strange review, because they do not seem to really try the vehicles off-road and seem to put all of the focus on performance.

They also rate the exterior styling the same between the LR and X3, but that's a load of tosh because the X3 is just plain ugly and doesn't come close to looking as good as its big brother the X5.

Yes I'd like to see some more power from the LR, but for everything else the LR does, it does it well IMHO, from what I've read (Having not tested one to the max yet).

As far as I am concerned the classing all vehicles in this class as SUV's is just wrong, and the LR is clearly a 4x4 and as for the rest they simply play at it and are as intended by the manufacturers meant for the road.

Post #6012 3rd Sep 2007 2:46 pm
looney_loey

United States 

well to each his own Whistle they like the Rolling Stones, some likes Mozart Rolling with laughter

Quote:
...What’s more, the LR2 delivered the worst observed fuel economy, a dismal 14 mpg

now that's F*ing BS! Evil or Very Mad unless the driver has a freakin' heavy foot or he's wearing a horse shoe!!! Rolling with laughter

Quote:
...Its transmission was lethargic about selecting gears, and its manumatic demanded that you shove rearward for downshifts and forward for upshifts. Which just feels wrong. Disagree if you want, but the X3’s manumatic goes about its business in opposite fashion, and BMW’s sporting legacy outstrips Land Rover’s.

Oh yeah! I'll disagree!!! MORON! Evil or Very Mad so AUDI's manumatic feels wrong too! and so some other cars with + upshift and - downshift patterns! ...ah! I got it...oh yeah! unless you got the american's NASCAR SWOL transmissions! (shift w/o lifting) your doin it the wrong way Rolling with laughter

When will this ST***D writer understand that BMW tries everything to be different... SAV instead of SUV???

"BMW's sporting legacy outstrips land rover's!" ahhh errr!!! does anyone here knows if LR created a sport car or a racing car that I do not know??? Rolling Eyes and isn't it before LR was owned by BMW, they don't have a 4x4 / SUV / SAV line??? Whistle

my apologies for flaming but it's just too wroooonggggg!!! Laughing Do Not Follow Me...You Can't Go Where I Go!!!

.....up in the tree!!!

Post #6022 3rd Sep 2007 5:19 pm
wildrover

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Indus Silver

Well said Gambba.
Bad fuel economy? Pah! I have one of their american 4x4 vehicles with 5 litres of detroit muscle under the 'hood' and it gulps 60 litres of fuel every 150 miles.
If i want a thrill ride, i take our little hatchback out the back roads.
We bought the LR2 instead of the competition because:
1. It looks great.
2. It drives great.
3. It will get us home in the snow.
4. It swallows all our luggage for a weeks holiday including refreshments, our hillwalking gear and 2 bikes on the back.
5. My better half loves it; and that crowns it all. One look, one test drive, bought.
Believe me, when you have driven the hilly single track roads and pot-holes on the Isle of Mull for a week in the LR2, you appreciate just how good it is. 5th and 6th! who needs them?
Off to Skye soon. Can't wait; and bring on the winter snows.

6 months on and just the infamous transmission sensor replaced. Very big smiles. javascript:emoticon('Very Happy') Out with the old (2007 SE)
In with the new (2012 Dynamic with everything). Now also gone.

Post #6023 3rd Sep 2007 5:25 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1