Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Where to buy?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
LeakyLandy

United Kingdom 
Where to buy?

Hey,

I've been lurking on the forum for a while, as been deciding as to what new car I'd like to go for, and it's close between a Kuga or a Freelander 2, personally the Freelander2 edges over the Kuga for me..

Anyhoo, unfortunately it looks like being 'ooop norf' the dealership choices are a bit limited, Stratstones ..or another Stratstones is about it, after reading 90% negative experiences of Stratstones dealerships, I'd rather not inflict that kinda suffering upon myself..

Can anyone recommend other Landrover dealerships preferably in the North East of England? ...shame Lookers Park Royal, who has really good reviews is too far away to make it practical, wonder if they've considered expanding their enterprise and buying out a few northern Stratstones dealerships? Wink

Thanks

Post #91340 8th Feb 2011 3:03 pm
jjasper

United Kingdom 

I'd recommend Lakeland Land Rover at Torver near Coniston. Not the North East but a nice drive there.

Post #91342 8th Feb 2011 3:24 pm
dunroof

Dont make the mistake of thinking that all dealerships are terrible, despite the moans, judge them as you find them, not as others have.

Post #91343 8th Feb 2011 3:59 pm
Lookers Park Royal

Welcome LL!!

We are able to do pretty much everything over the phone or via email, other than collecting the car when it finally arrives. Quite a large proportion of our customers are not local to us, besides you could combine the collection with a weekend in London.

I'm away from the dealership today and tomorrow, but please feel free to call Jeremy or Matthew on 0208 992 2299 who will happily help.

James Thumbs Up

Post #91344 8th Feb 2011 4:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
devondave

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Santorini Black

Had a very good experiance when I bought from Farnell in Bradford. I live in Devon
but was worth the journey. Best deal I could do when trading in my 2007 FL2.

Post #91345 8th Feb 2011 4:28 pm
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey

I purchased mine from Guy Salmon in Sheffield being the best deal I could get at the time. A grand or more cheaper than local dealerships for a couple of hours on the motoway was well worth it in my estimation.

If you don't need to part exchange then try Drive the Deal and they will deliver to your door.

Good luck

Tenet MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #91346 8th Feb 2011 4:47 pm
jp

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Kentdale Land Rover Just north of Kendal ( just of the A6) I have good dealing's with,
And for service work etc, Team valley Land Rover are great, there have always done what I have asked and never let my down, (pity they don't sale Land Rovers) Thumbs Up

Post #91351 8th Feb 2011 5:37 pm
dunroof

Shop around, shop around and shop around again. Farnells, Lakeland, Reading and Southampton are listed on here as being good on price, but then it depends on how many cars they need to sell to get their dealer bonus.

Post #91355 8th Feb 2011 6:47 pm
trawlerman66

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Mauritius Blue

I Have just bought from Lookers Park Royal today and I live just outside Glasgow. Believe me, they are well worth a phone call. James and Jeremy will move mountains to give you a deal. They blew everyone out the water.

Give them a call then decide.

Post #91385 8th Feb 2011 11:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
colinrr

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Re: Where to buy?

LeakyLandy wrote:
Hey,

I've been lurking on the forum for a while, as been deciding as to what new car I'd like to go for, and it's close between a Kuga or a Freelander 2, personally the Freelander2 edges over the Kuga for me..
Anyhoo, unfortunately it looks like being 'ooop norf' the dealership choices are a bit limited, Stratstones ..or another Stratstones is about it, after reading 90% negative experiences of Stratstones dealerships, I'd rather not inflict that kinda suffering upon myself..
Can anyone recommend other Landrover dealerships preferably in the North East of England? ...shame Lookers Park Royal, who has really good reviews is too far away to make it practical, wonder if they've considered expanding their enterprise and buying out a few northern Stratstones dealerships? Wink

Thanks

It would be worth finding out about your local Stratstone dealerships as they are not all the same by any means. At the moment I've got nothing but praise for my local Stratstone in Cardiff when I was searching for a used Freelander 2 and after-sales service. I had previously been in Stratstones in Newport Pagnell (Milton Keynes branch) and Hartwells in Oxford and they didn't really want to know - probably because they needed no effort to sell a used Freelander 2. The price I paid was excellent. The only complaint was that they only allowed me £500 for my old Disco but, overall, the deal was very good.

Colin

Post #91389 9th Feb 2011 7:23 am
LeakyLandy

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the replies people! some good advice and some places I'll have a look at, ..liking your idea of a drive over Coniston jjasper lol!

dunroof wrote:
Dont make the mistake of thinking that all dealerships are terrible, despite the moans, judge them as you find them, not as others have.

..that's true, but if 90% or so of the experiences are reported to be bad, statistically I have more chance of falling into that group, in which cast I'd probably think, Censored it I'll just go with the 2nd choice of the Kuga.

Lookers, Interesting but how does it work if I have a problem with the car? (pardon my ignorance, but this would be the first car I've dealer bought, I've spent all my driving life using series landrovers long out of warranty and fancy a more comfortable and relaxed ride now lol!) ..would I have to take the landy all the way back to London to get it fixed?

Thanks

Post #91481 10th Feb 2011 9:36 am
Dead-Rat

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Sumatra Black

No....the warranty is with Landrover and not the dealer... I bought my car from Stockton but I live about two miles from the dealer in Newcastle who are currently fixing my car (under the warranty) SD4 Sports LE Black ...

Post #91488 10th Feb 2011 11:14 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

likewise.. i travelled from Leeds to Lookers, and did everything via phone and email

I now used a Leeds LR dealer for service and warranty

it supprising how easy it was to purchase from Lookers, kept informed about things all the way and was washed and parked out in the forcourt on collection day totally as described and as clean as a whistle

cup of tea in a proper tea cup and saucer, not some cardboard cup like at other dealers, felt welcomed and wanted and not just another sale on the books,

And the best part was instead of a 10 minute drive home from Leeds, I got a couple of hours to enjoy the new motor before the kids started jumping all over it with there muddy feet Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #91490 10th Feb 2011 11:32 am
dunroof

Best distance vehicle purchase I made was in Norfolk. Massive bunch of flowers for the wife, taken out for a 3 course lunch with real plates and knives and forks, guided tour round the whole premises and meet all the staff personally, car covered with a cover and bow round it, SWMBOS birthday, full tank of petrol, treated like Royalty, although like you, I used my local dealer for warranty issues etc. And - they were the cheapest in the UK!

Post #91491 10th Feb 2011 12:13 pm
MightyMildred

United Kingdom 

Hi,
I'm in the NE too. Try Lloyd Carlisle. I went around ALL the dealers in the NE. I've p/x'd my 2008 SE for new 2011MY HSE for March delivery. They beat the lowest (Ripon and Stratstone) by 3k!!!! Beat the lovely Kentdale only by throwing in full sized spare and GAP. Also have LR experience day Smile
My friends went to 'invite' wknd at Newburn today and were basically ignored for an hour. They were furious and left. Shame on Stratstone- they lost a new disco4 sale!

Post #91721 12th Feb 2011 3:38 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>