« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > DAB Digital Radio Information
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Bimmly

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black
DAB Digital Radio Information

I am fortunate to have a DAB radio in car and find that the display does not show anywhere near the full information that I know other cheaper cars do (my wife's Berlingo shows the DJ, Song and information details)
Is there a software upgrade available or do I just accept a lower standard of product?

Post #90883 5th Feb 2011 12:06 am
pressureman

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Indus Silver

If this is the case, I think it is very disapointing. Normally, DAB radios have an user defined option of what information is shown on the display. As I don't have integrated DAB in my 07 SE, I have fitted a Pure Highway, which works very well (a couple of lengths of black velcro on the dash hold it a treat) and it gives a scrolling display of song and artist. I normally use an external aeriel but find a DAB radio works fairly well just connected to the nearside rear window aerial (even without the amp). Another thread mentions the roof dome containing a DAB aerial but I believe this is for Band L, which is not in general use in the UK (we are band 3, I think). My previous Vectra Design had DAB as standard with lots of bells so it is a pain that a so-called superior car does not have this throughout the range. If it wasn't wet and windy, I would go out to the car and have a look at the manual, which should tell you how to bring up the different displays.

Post #90885 5th Feb 2011 12:27 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

You can change the size of the display by pressing the green phone button

Quite cool when it's a DAB system that I can't compare to any other car Laughing

It is a Censored setup compared to what is out there from what I've been told Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #90890 5th Feb 2011 1:23 am
EYorkshire

I'm not any help at all as I haven't sussed it all out yet, but I am impressed with the sound quality with DAB, I switched between the same station on FM and DAB and what a difference. Thumbs Up

Post #90908 5th Feb 2011 10:47 am
pressureman

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Indus Silver

I'm surprised that you find DAB reception better than FM. In theory, FM should normally beat 'current' DAB for sound quality, with a good aerial and receiver connected correctly (the experts claim it is partly to do with limited bit rates on DAB broadcasts).
The main reason I want DAB is to be able to see the information on what is playing, so I now don't feel quite so agrieved at not having it available through the so-called Premium 'Alpine'. I'll stick with the bolt-on Pure Highway for now.

Post #90972 5th Feb 2011 7:14 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1