Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Marshalls Bedford
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Marshalls Bedford

Marshalls Bedford

Sales were great, no pushy slimey sales, unlike Stratstone at Milton Keynes - who also gave a dearer price than Marshalls. Brett Cutts in sales is a good 'honest (for a salesman)' guy with a passion for Landys, not a passion for his commission, and it shows. He has dealt with me from my initial enquiry two years ago to the new motor in Jan 07, and been the driving force in keeping me upto date and informed about my 'buy back'....Brett, that twenty quid would be nice now!!!!!!

Service Dept was somewhat dodgy, the girls on the front desk were great (Lucy and Jacqui) but there was serious commuinication loss between the girls on the desk and the workshop, and that was from the workshop back to the girls, not the other way round. I believe that Marshalls have put Lucy in as 'Workshop Controller' now, so with her cracking the whip out the back information flow is now better back to Jacqui and 'us' the customer...so progress at last. Time will tell Bow down

Post #5857 29th Aug 2007 10:44 pm
radney1303

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

Has anyone had any experience of the service dept at Stratstone Milton Keynes?? Phoned for an appointment and the guy on the phone could not have been more miserable if he tried!

Had been using Marshalls Bedford but the service got awful, shame as they used to be so good.

Post #7167 20th Sep 2007 10:18 am
boiledgnat

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

I've used Stratstone MK once for my handbrake problem (which still exists).

I dealt with a woman (can't remember her name) and she was very helpful - got me booked in on a Saturday morning when I only called late Thursday pm Exclamation

I was planning to get my servicing done there too (as I got the car from them in the first place.) If they're not up to scratch, then I'll probably try Stratstone in Aylesbury - I've heard good things about them.

Post #7193 20th Sep 2007 7:38 pm
smallfry

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Narvik Black

Does anybody have any dealings with marshall of cambridge, been having major problems such as not starting (3 times) have had my fl2 for 4 months its spent 3 weeks at marshalls also 3 of the door body kits have come loose and have been replaced, marshalls just dont seem to care if my car is collected yet again on a lo loader,you wait 2 weeks to get a loan car direct from them and that is usually suffering with problems of its own, cant fault landrover customer services they get you a loan car in 45 minutes! any one know of a dealer with a better track record in the same area, would be grateful if any one has any suggestions. Thanks

Post #7487 26th Sep 2007 5:25 pm
Steve H

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Sad The Stratstones comments seem to reflect experiences across all marques with that company. As I have remarked on another post Stratstone Volvo with their pushy, dealer convenience before customer care attitude, were one reason I deserted the marque recently (obviously the first and prime reason was the desire to own a FL2). I have heard similar comments regarding Stratstone Porsche as well. D3 GS Java Black TDV6 Manual

Post #7492 26th Sep 2007 7:25 pm
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

Sorry to buck the trend but i found Stratstone MK friendly to deal with, more than happy with purchase. Spare key was missing so they sent me one in the post and as it happens on a trip to MK on other matter was able to drop in and get key paired to car (also got them to turn off the taxi locks) very pleased 

Post #25677 15th Aug 2008 12:29 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

christian138 wrote:
Sorry to buck the trend but i found Stratstone MK friendly to deal with, more than happy with purchase. Spare key was missing so they sent me one in the post and as it happens on a trip to MK on other matter was able to drop in and get key paired to car (also got them to turn off the taxi locks) very pleased

What are/is the taxi locks Question 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #25679 15th Aug 2008 12:35 pm
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

Taxi locks - the car locks automatically as you drive off as they do in a taxi (London Black Cab) 

Post #25696 15th Aug 2008 1:41 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

christian138 wrote:
Taxi locks - the car locks automatically as you drive off as they do in a taxi (London Black Cab)

OH those little b Censored ers - Pity its not a driver defined enhancement (not a moan). I recently purchased a semi-prof SLR camera (hobby photography) which has loads of user programmable features like plings on or off and custom setup for custom defined use which is stored under a particular custom number etc. Assuming that the FL2 is a semi-prof 4x4 then maybe this is the way to go for future models – ie with driver programmable features Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #25700 15th Aug 2008 2:10 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1