Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > DSC/ABS computer failure.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
PaulM

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Sumatra Black
DSC/ABS computer failure.

I would like to know if anyone has heard of this fault in the new freelander 2 2011 model?
No?, I had'nt heard of the fault either until it happened to me with, get this, 49 miles on the clock! Landrover tell me there isn't any spares for this particular component and I have a possible wait of 6 months! Can anyone on this forum justify that, and back Landrover up? You can build an Austin Martin, by hand in less time! I have to make a decision now, do I wait and pay for a car on finance that I can't drive, or do I just sack the whole thing off? My previous car was used as a PX, so I would be carless! Any ideas people? Would be interested to hear what you guys think!!
Big Cry Mad

Post #88212 15th Jan 2011 10:59 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Get on to Landrover customer services and ask them to pull the part off the production line, they say they can't, but keep pushing them!!! Or see if the dealer will remove the required part from a stock car, until the part arrives Idea Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #88216 15th Jan 2011 11:22 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Personally, I would reject that vehicle as "unfit for purpose" and ask the dealer to replace it. ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #88271 16th Jan 2011 3:17 pm
Boxer

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

What's an Austin Martin, some guys allegro. Rolling with laughter
Seriously though as said above pull a part off the line or replace the car. Thumbs Up Don't put petrol in a diesel. They don't run well.

Post #88294 16th Jan 2011 6:56 pm
Mona Geeza

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: DSC/ABS computer failure.

PaulM wrote:
I would like to know if anyone has heard of this fault in the new freelander 2 2011 model?
No?, I had'nt heard of the fault either until it happened to me with, get this, 49 miles on the clock! Landrover tell me there isn't any spares for this particular component and I have a possible wait of 6 months! Can anyone on this forum justify that, and back Landrover up? You can build an Austin Martin, by hand in less time! I have to make a decision now, do I wait and pay for a car on finance that I can't drive, or do I just sack the whole thing off? My previous car was used as a PX, so I would be carless! Any ideas people? Would be interested to hear what you guys think!!
Big Cry Mad

Yes good idea, go get an Aston Martin instead. Cool I was only wrong once and thats when I thought I was but wasnt.

2010 Freelander 2 XS Stornaway Grey
2010 Aston DBS Morning Frost
2010 Bentley Continental Brooklands Green

Post #88297 16th Jan 2011 7:16 pm
julytourist

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Rimini Red

Reject it and insist on a loan car until they source a replacement, 41 miles! Upgraded to an ex demo, 7 mth old, Rimini Red/Ebony Napoli Auto HSE on 28th Jan 2011, added roof rails, mudflaps and side strips.
Gone - A great 57 Plate, Auto SE, Bought Feb 2009, Roof Rails and Mudflaps added on purchase. Blue colour, anything but drug dealer black.....

Post #88302 16th Jan 2011 8:02 pm
PaulM

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Sumatra Black

Guys,
Thanks for the advice so far.....I have already asked customer services to look into getting the part I need off the production line.....they´re looking into that avenue at the moment. I was contemplating telling Landrover to shove this particular vehicle off and get me a new one, but that would mean waiting even longer. I have a loan car from them, but its not the same is it? It might be costing Landrover 48 quid a day to keep me in wheels but Jesus, I would much prefer to be driving my own Landy.......Why did I bother with freelander?
Anyway, the customer service bird I am dealing with is giving me the answers she thinks I wanna here, but not the news I want to hear!!! Loser.
Well, will keep everyone informed of this situation, oh and by the way, Landrover say its the "First" time this has happened so soon to the freelander.....do I believe them?......I think the`re hiding something!! Laters people. Thumbs Up

Post #88479 17th Jan 2011 11:25 pm
alex_pescaru

PaulM wrote:
Why did I bother with freelander?

Don't get disappointed so soon. This things could happen.

I had a similar experience with my lady's VW Polo. Being curious, after only 100 km from new, I lifted the car on an elevator to examine the underbody. Imagine my surprise when I've found out that from the rear right brake caliper, when the brake was applied, the brake fluid was dripping at a rate of one drop per second... Shocked
I took it to the dealer and pointed out the problem.
In two days the car had a new brake caliper installed and from that day it was happy motoring for thousands of miles.
I never questioned the reliability of the car, because those isolated manufacturing defects could appear even after the intense quality control tests.

Post #88514 18th Jan 2011 9:32 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

PaulM: Why did I bother with freelander?
Because its the best vehicle on the road Thumbs Up

Anyway, the customer service bird I am dealing with is giving me the answers she thinks I wanna hear!!!
Sounds like a good deal to me, wish our service bird was worth giving one Whistle 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #88515 18th Jan 2011 9:39 am
snowy22255

Scotland 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Hi PaulM

I had an issue with my 2010 FL2 the day after I picked it up with about 100 miles on the clock and the airbag warning light came on. Dealer confirmed problem but LR said no part listed as available with any European Dealer and gave an estimate of 1 -3 month for delivery of new part.
As LR couldn't confirm if any or all airbags would work in the event of a crash I refused to drive car and was given a new FL2 as a loaner till mine could be fixed. During the first week they had my car LR asked all dealer to physically check stock and found the sensor required in Germany they couriered it from Germany to my dealer and fixed my car within 2 days. My dealer was also really good at pushing LR for updates and fully supported my position.
Any car can have problems so I wouldn't get over critical or concerned because of 1 problem and I suspect LR will try to find the part asap exactly as they did with me.
Anyway best wishes with this.

Post #88532 18th Jan 2011 12:59 pm
weirdfish

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Stornoway Grey

It's been said before but if you look at any car forum you will see similar threads about reliability, and as I've mentioned before, I'm changing my Audi at present because it's been the most unreliable car I've had.

That doesnt help when your the poor bastid thats lumbered with the problem so I do sympathise. For a free country, it does seem pretty expensive these days.

Post #88534 18th Jan 2011 1:11 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1