Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Four passengers or overloading with five passengers?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
insider

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

If your V5C says 4 seats you need to send back your V5 with an ammendment to box 25 , stating it has 5 seats . Freelander 2 is homologated as a 5 seater , its your dealer / DVLA who has made a registration mistake . One explanation for this is that there was a 4 seater Freelander 3 door SE in the old model many years ago with 2 individual rear seats . I think the DVLA have taken the details ie Freelander SE and matched it to the 1997 model . Another explanation is that Land Rover also called the old model Freelander 2.0 TD4 HSE , this could be confused with the new model Freelander 2 TD4 HSE . I suggest you in the first instance contact your dealer then the DVLA , they have a web site for changing details http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Ownin...DG_4022054

Post #5668 21st Aug 2007 8:23 am
The Villager

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey

Thanks Insider
I contacted my dealer today, I think "passing the buck" was invited by them.
The salesman was on a day off, the sales manager on a training day and the general manager on holiday.
I was told by a young lady who answered the phone it wasnt a problem, I explained my insurance company only insured four people as per the log book and I was told to contact L/R, I explained my contract was with them and they should contact L/R, STILL WAITING, perhaps they are all on holiday or on a training day!!! Mad
David David

Post #5673 21st Aug 2007 2:05 pm
The Villager

Got a call this afternoon from my dealer ref the 4seat issue, this is the latest
Landrover are writing to the DVLA today telling them it is an administation error and should be 5seats, after May they claim they have 5seats. My advice get in touch with your dealer if yours says 4seats, your contract is with them not L/R and ask them to put right, I will keep you updated.
"LandRover slipup" Embarassed
David David

Post #5679 21st Aug 2007 5:51 pm
NightFox

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

Can someone check their V5 and remind me whether the DVLA call it a Freelander or Freelander2?

Post #5681 21st Aug 2007 6:53 pm
The Villager

NightFox wrote:
Can someone check their V5 and remind me whether the DVLA call it a Freelander or Freelander2?

On mine Freelander SE TD4, no mention of 2
David David

Post #5683 21st Aug 2007 8:41 pm
waaxh03

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

I called into my Land Rover dealer today and explained the problem I have with the V5. I stated that the FL2 I have has only 4 seats and is called a Freelander not a Freelander2 on the V5.
I was assured that all Freelanders and FL2s are called Freelanders on the V5 document. If any body else has Freelander2 on their V5 please let me know.
With regards to the number of seats they are going to look into it for me. I pointed out that there could be many people out there who have 5 people in their FL2s that are possibly not insured due to this mistake.
I wonder if they will write to all FL2 owners letting them know of this problem.

waaxh03

Post #5685 21st Aug 2007 9:32 pm
The Villager

waaxh03 wrote:
I called into my Land Rover dealer today and explained the problem I have with the V5. I stated that the FL2 I have has only 4 seats and is called a Freelander not a Freelander2 on the V5.
I was assured that all Freelanders and FL2s are called Freelanders on the V5 document. If any body else has Freelander2 on their V5 please let me know.
With regards to the number of seats they are going to look into it for me. I pointed out that there could be many people out there who have 5 people in their FL2s that are possibly not insured due to this mistake.
I wonder if they will write to all FL2 owners letting them know of this problem.

waaxh03

My dealer has said all customers of theirs will be contacted following my conversation with them today regarding the insurance issue, also they have promised to keep me informed as to what is to be done about it!. Another thought when we come to sell is it a 4 or 5 seat car?
Very Worried Confused
David David

Post #5687 21st Aug 2007 10:26 pm
waaxh03

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Yes David.
But is it a Freelander or a Freelander2 with 4 seats when you come to sell it? Confused

waaxh03

Post #5688 21st Aug 2007 11:00 pm
nicam

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

Just had a reply from "Laura" at Land Rover, replying to my query about 4 seats on the V5. She replied that the Freelander 2 product manager had replied to her saying that this matter was known about and was now an "issue" regarding Freelander 2`s registered before June and that they were looking at how to rectify the situation. So it looks like we may have caused an "issue"!!! - Whatever that entails. Laura has promised to keep me informed regarding any developments. Watch this Forum.
Also contacted my dealer who checked their demonstrators and found that they were all 4 seats. And said that they would "check". Whatever that means.
Mine is described as " Freelander" on the v5 Don`t drive faster than your angel can fly!

Post #5711 23rd Aug 2007 4:23 pm
The Villager

The Power of this forum! I will also keep members informed
David David

Post #5713 23rd Aug 2007 5:19 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I spoke to the DVLA and they told me they didn't have a record of how many seats i have.

Can't get to the logbook as my house is in a mess due to major renivation work going on.

BTW, 80 house bricks in the boot makes no difference at all to the car at all

Post #5724 24th Aug 2007 10:11 am
mack

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

nicam wrote:
Just had a reply from "Laura" at Land Rover, replying to my query about 4 seats on the V5. She replied that the Freelander 2 product manager had replied to her saying that this matter was known about and was now an "issue" regarding Freelander 2`s registered before June and that they were looking at how to rectify the situation. So it looks like we may have caused an "issue"!!! - Whatever that entails. Laura has promised to keep me informed regarding any developments. Watch this Forum.
Also contacted my dealer who checked their demonstrators and found that they were all 4 seats. And said that they would "check". Whatever that means.
Mine is described as " Freelander" on the v5

This is a fantastic Forum! I have gleaned so much simply by reading other owners quotes, the issue of 4 or 5 seats would have remained un-noticed (until my insurance company noticed in the event of a claim). Once I saw this topic I immediately checked my V5 to find, lo and behold it states 4 seats (no mention of FL2). I have been trying to get hold of Landrover but cannot find an-mail address to send them my concerns any ideas? How did "Laura" contact you. I remember seeing a quote on the Landrover site saying there was room for 5 people, it is at the end of the demo video link here: http://www.landrover.co.uk/Microsites/FL2G...lockLink_3

Post #5938 1st Sep 2007 7:26 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

What an excellent thread !!!

OK so I've got a copy of the V5 from my fleet office. Since my car was registered 18/01/07 it is described as a 4 seater so that is in keeping with other peoples experience. Also it is described as "Freelander GS TD4" .I will contact my dealer and see if they are aware of this matter. Since they usually don't know what day of the week it is, then I've got a feeling I can predict their reaction Rolling with laughter

While having a look at the V5 there's another description I might question, this is far less consequential but worth asking anyway. Would you agree that your Freelander2 is an 'estate' car?

Post #5977 2nd Sep 2007 7:18 pm
nicam

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

Quote:
How did "Laura" contact you.

She was replying to my question after I phoned Land Rover customer services (08705 000500).
She has phoned once more, last week, to assure me they are looking into it and will let me know the outcome. Better than ignoring me I suppose. Don`t drive faster than your angel can fly!

Post #5995 3rd Sep 2007 11:39 am
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Got my new log book through...and..............number of seats including driver 5...Phew!!!!

Post #6008 3rd Sep 2007 1:35 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>