« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Telestart kit wanted
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
alepo

Denmark 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Indus Silver

Hi Alex

I have a FL2 2007 without the FFBH, but for shure should like to have one.

I have googled the subject quite a lot, but I am not totally shure if it's possible to fit one in the car.
Do you know about that?

Is it possible to find a parts list covering parts needed? (LR parts no)

Best regards
Alex

Post #216551 11th Feb 2014 2:25 pm
alex_pescaru

The car is prepared for receiving a FBH where the market is asking for that in specifications.
So, once you source the parts, it can be fitted. But the work is quite extensive.
As for the parts needed, look here: http://lrparts.ru/engl/

Post #216584 11th Feb 2014 5:54 pm
j00ppis

Finland 
remote control wont work

i have installed at dealer this telestart kit but i noticed that like this day when i remote start it it wont start the webasto to heat. only fan starts to blow inside cabin. i waited 1h still nothing fan just runs... after when i start the car webasto kicks in. i went to righr corner whit my hand and there came hot air... where is the fault? it was -5 temp

allso sometimes it works and kicks the webasto but it wont heat so long as it shud. temp wont rise so high. like its living own life pending what day he has :d[/quote]

Post #246028 23rd Dec 2014 5:56 pm
alex_pescaru

Are you sure the cabin fan is started? Maybe you could mistake it with the webasto's combustion fan?

Because the telestart kit isn't able to start the cabin fan...
Is your car pre or post MY2013? Meaning old or new style HVAC system?

And if the dealer installed it, maybe you could tell them to look at it?

Post #246030 23rd Dec 2014 6:15 pm
j00ppis

Finland 

yes im sure that the cabin fan starts. i payed extra money to finland inchape they have some kind of patent how they will activate cabin fan to blow so it will give the heat allso to inside cabin whem webasto kicks in. i payed over 1k euros for telestart kit plus instal. model is 2007. and yes i think i have to ask dealer. when they installed it they didnt test if works or not because they told its to warm to start it and mentioned about some lock / unlock mode

Post #246077 24th Dec 2014 5:27 am
alex_pescaru

I see...
That's explains it, because the simple telestart t91 kit isn't able to start the cabin fan.
But with additional electronics, yes. That's explain the more than double in value you paid.
In that case, by all means, ask them, because that install implied some modifications in the original car's electronics.

Post #246078 24th Dec 2014 7:16 am
j00ppis

Finland 

im wondering how does water circulate when switching webasto on whit telekit? freelander has mechanical water pump so it isnt possible that it will run. so is there electric pump, no there shud not be. but is webasto installed somehow that it bypasses mechanical water pump that it will flow the water to circulate

Post #246223 25th Dec 2014 2:43 pm
alex_pescaru

On the "small" water circuit (engine - heater matrix) there is an additional electrical water pump.
This electric water pump is driven by the webasto hardware/electronics when webasto is functioning.

Click image to enlarge

Post #246227 25th Dec 2014 3:23 pm
j00ppis

Finland 

Alex, do you know is it possible to raise the webastos working time more than default 30mins? Dealer just told that it isnt... but in finland dealer is not good at all... noticed that when 30mins have reached, it stos webasto and allso the waterpump but keeps the fans blowing inside cabin but guess what, no More warm air because of waterpump stops also whit webasto Smile!

Have u heard of tt thermo? Its new electric heater 1-3kw power to heat water and it includes pump and its cheap and should be easy fit. Google whit pictures if intrested but i dont know what happens if it instal to land rover if computer temp sensors will get wierd

Post #285871 1st Jan 2016 1:18 pm
alex_pescaru

If you are talking about car's own implementation of stationary heater, don't know, as I have only a MY2009.
But I believe those 30 minutes are there for the sake of the car's battery. More and you'll end-up with a discharged battery over time if the car's running time is not enough to replenish the battery's lost energy.

As for the electrical heater, you wont get any troubles from the car's sensors. They will only send the current read temperatures and various ECU's will behave accordingly.

Post #285875 1st Jan 2016 1:51 pm
j00ppis

Finland 

Thanks for answear alex! i appreciate.

Do you have any idea, if i will install electrical heater whit pump between two hoses, there will be some air in to the system and the electric heater will broke if there will be air in the system, is there somewhere to bleed air out of the system? or is it just bestway just start engine and drive it whit while and the water will circulate to expansion tank and the air comes out?

second question, they suggest to instal it to between motor - cabin warmer inlet hose do you know is the water valves NO or NC? Normaly open, normaly close. if they are close the water wont circulate, and where to locate this hose btw? any pictures Smile?

there is picture where they prefer to instal it, on pdf.

kindly regards

ps, here is some details of this product! its 1/4 cheaper then DEFA Smile

they are finnish but there is images.

https://asiakas.kotisivukone.com/files/tt-...Thermo.pdf

Post #285917 1st Jan 2016 10:05 pm
alex_pescaru

Re bleeding: just drive, it will eliminate air automatically.
Re valves: there is no valve, except the engine thermostat. So the "small circuit" (engine - cabin heater) is always open.
Re pictures: just look a few posts up on this page... Laughing Laughing Just place the heater in place or in series with the FBH.

Post #285925 1st Jan 2016 11:22 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123