« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Engine System Fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
callie dog

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Santorini Black

Update

Still not back - part(s) on order ... 1 month and counting........ still upside 2000 miles done on hire cars, keeps my costs down

Post #88279 16th Jan 2011 4:57 pm
mr bee

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Evening everyone, first time here.

I too have had this problem on more than one occasion. First time under warranty nothing was found. More visits for the same problem; reduced engine performance but works fine. More recently engine warning light on with same message. Dealer advises me that the only fault code was pointing to low battery volts, but the battery was fine. Dealer advised that this fault may be in the loom and they will need the car for at least two days. This fault has always occurred around 4 degrees and lower. Now the car is 3 1/2 years old and has done 37K miles it's all mine to pay for the fault finding/repair.

Post #89321 22nd Jan 2011 10:56 pm
Gunfa

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

I had the Engine Fault Waring today the temp was about 3c, the car was driving OK and thanks to reading this forum I was not too concerned, I have had this problem on a 2.0 diesel Focus, when I asked the local garage to check the fault out they said take it for a drive for about half hour and see if it goes out ! it did, so I drove the FL2 for about half hour and guess what yes the light has gone out !

Its going in for a service next week so I will ask them to check out what caused it, I suapect low battery voltage, I have had the HDC not available before due I belive to a combination of cold & battery voltage.

It was a lot simpler before the micro chip Confused What if there were no hypothetical situations?

Post #90063 28th Jan 2011 9:02 pm
richh

England 

hi guys, there is a pathetic little clip that holds the turbo actuator rod to the electrical solenoid, these corrode quickly and fall off, as a result the rod falls off the end not allowing the actuator to poen, try accellerating and letting off at low speeds, there will probably be a loud whoosh noise, if so it will need a new clip, hope this helps Richh they all do that!

Post #91711 12th Feb 2011 1:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
callie dog

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Santorini Black

Well my car is back after nearly 6 weeks in the dealers - and the solution .......... big build up ............. changed the exhaust gas recirculation valve, which is what the diagnostics said was the problem in the first place !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #92279 17th Feb 2011 12:22 pm
gg

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
ANY IDEAS? engine reduced power, dash light, engine cuts out

Have now moved from Spain to Glasgow. On the long drive the car hiccupped a couple of times (no obvious reason but may have been when under a little more load). Arrived in Glasgow (okay so it's obviously colder here than in Spain) but the engine cut out on me a few times and died at the traffic lights a couple of times.

Removed the MAF cable and the car appeared (over two days) to work better - no hiccup, never died. Yesterday morning (2nd day without MAF connected) I get the yellow engine dashboard light.

The car, having stood all day yesterday, failed to start last night for the return trip home. Engine tuned over but would not ignite. Reconnected MAF - no change. Called assist out and guy couldn't make it work - he checked all fuses, put the battery boost on etc. but no fire. Plenty of battery charge.

Got the car towed home and left it on the road overnight.

Got up this morning and it started (but had yellow engine light on dash + reduced engine power on LCD etc. Have left it at home and got a lift. Sad

Don't know who to take this to in Glasgow (I'm based in Bishopbriggs) - have been told not to touch shields.

My current guess is that the yellow light is now on as I removed MAF for some time. Not starting I guess could be down to fuel starvation, same with judder when driving and dying at lights. Could this be the filter, fuel pump?

Know I need to get it probed up to read for any error codes.

Any advice appreciated.

2007 TD4 auto.

80k miles.

Gordon

Post #98819 15th Apr 2011 11:35 am
gg

Crank position sensor

Okay, 3 error codes - two 30km ago (both related to me disconnecting the MAF), one 1000km ago (when the problem started - crankshaft position sensor.).

I guess that the sensor not being able to find tdc would stop the engine firing etc...

local garage have quoted small price for sensor but none available. LR say that Ford 2.2 mondeo uses same sensor.

Can someone point me at where the sensor is located and rough effort to change it please.

VBR,

Gordon

Post #99093 18th Apr 2011 4:23 pm
gg

Update...

Crank position sensor replaced and all well.

Post #101075 6th May 2011 6:52 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12