Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Today's the day!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Daisy

Today's the day!

I am anxiously awaiting on a call from the dealer that my Stornaway with Cold, Lighting, and Nav. is ready
for me to pick up. Very Happy You guys sure know how to convince me to part with my money. Laughing Land Rover needs
to get you all in a television ad for this car. I am happy to know that there is a place that I can come to
with questions/concerns. Thanks.

Post #5271 8th Aug 2007 4:16 pm
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

The waiting is the worst part Big Cry

I hope it is evrything you wanted and more when you pick it up.

Let us know how it is as soon as you get it.

You mentioning your colour of yours got me to wondering which is the most popular colour that people want, because it certainly looks like Stornaway is by far the winner.

Post #5274 8th Aug 2007 4:57 pm
Daisy

Thanks for the kind wishes Gammba. That is a great question. I also wonder what is the most popular color.
There do seem to be alot of people choosing Stornaway.

Post #5275 8th Aug 2007 5:00 pm
rmbillington

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

I've also got stornoway, but when I'm driving around, I don't see any pattern, see lots of colours, quite a few black and silver ones I suppose, still no white though

Rich

Post #5279 8th Aug 2007 6:03 pm
looney_loey

United States 

did you got it already ms.daisy? :d

give us some insight of how your enjoying your LR2 Smile

btw, where's your loc? US of A is kinda big! Laughing Do Not Follow Me...You Can't Go Where I Go!!!

.....up in the tree!!!

Post #5419 11th Aug 2007 6:33 am
pj

Iceland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

It has finally arrived!! Very Happy After 2 months and 2 weeks waiting and waiting I got the call yesterday, went here and picked up my Stornoway Grey / Black leather. And what a car. After a few kilometers I found the steering not too centered to gravity, to sort of all over the road so I went and checked the air pressure. It was up to 38 bars per tyre and down to 32!!.. After trying 27 bars I found the central gravity perfect but still the steering a bit too heavy, I increased to 28 bars, and I find this perfect now. Light but well centered. I reccommend that you quys try this, if you haven't already, this is a must.

But the car is in a far greater luxury than other "simular compact" SUV's I have driven. The Ford Escape and RAV4 are feeling cheap compared to this baby, and the most talked about, Honda CRV just hasn't got it!! I just hope that I will not run into too much technical rubbish failures! Confused

I will post you a picture with the hot spring in the rear, the one the first advertisments with F2 was shown with.

all the best, pj

Post #5435 11th Aug 2007 6:21 pm
Icarus

Netherlands 

I understand the pressures mentioned are 3.8 bar, 3.2 bar, 2.7 bar and 2.8 bar respectively...

Rob VW Tiguan or Freelander 2 that's the question...

Post #5436 11th Aug 2007 8:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Daisy

Hey Loey, Thanks for asking. Smile I have been spending so much time with this car since I got it Wednesday. Too much time. Very Happy There are so many neat things to learn about. How in the world are you all mastering them? The Nav and BlueT are so awesome Exclamation There is alot to appreciate with the LR2. Two things I would change are have a tone/beep to let you know the car is locked or unlocked. I am struggling with that. And,
do something with the lines running down the glass for heated windshield. My eyes are not adapting too well to seeing them. I now "understand" why everyone is so crazy for this car. Count me in the club. Fingers crossed that someone worthy buys this company. I am in North Carolina.

Post #5437 11th Aug 2007 10:29 pm
pj

Iceland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

Icarus wrote:
I understand the pressures mentioned are 3.8 bar, 3.2 bar, 2.7 bar and 2.8 bar respectively...

Rob

Sorry Rob, forgot the commas.......

pj

Post #5439 12th Aug 2007 12:55 am
looney_loey

United States 

Daisy wrote:
I have been spending so much time with this car since I got it Wednesday. Too much time. There are so many neat things to learn about. How in the world are you all mastering them?

well, just like what you said "by spending way tooooooo much time!" Laughing

Quote:
The Nav and BlueT are so awesome Exclamation

Yup the PTI/BlueTooth System are totally awesome especially if you have a voice command capable cellphone makes a phone call a lot easier.

Regarding the NAV, only have one thought about it. It is verboten to input destination entry while the vehicle is moving. I kinda find it annoying that you need to be in full stop in order to input address or POI. The wifey and like most women can put on make-up while driving, I can browse my CD wallet, can even change clothes while driving Laughing and yet you can't input address on a LARGE touchscreen NAVI Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Two things I would change are have a tone/beep to let you know the car is locked or unlocked.

I believe your dealer can do that. They can even make your headlights blink instead of just the sidelights.

Quote:
And, do something with the lines running down the glass for heated windshield. My eyes are not adapting too well to seeing them.

you'll get used to it in time Smile Do Not Follow Me...You Can't Go Where I Go!!!

.....up in the tree!!!

Post #5445 12th Aug 2007 3:22 pm
Daisy

Loey, Wow! I am impressed with you abilities to multi task. That must be quite a show. Laughing Thanks a ton
for telling me that the dealer might be able to get my remote to beep. I will pursue that for sure. I am use
to locking from afar and hearing the beep trusting all is well. I hear my LR2 in the garage calling for a drive, and I am trying so hard not to answer. I failed. Off now. Very Happy Have a great Sunday and thanks.

Post #5447 12th Aug 2007 6:11 pm
graemehunter

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black
heated windscreen

if you find your eyes being drawn to the windscreen ( heavy rain/ snow & heater elements)
look in the rear view mirror & when you look forward again the focus point will be further away
solving the problem,
otherwise the blinding glare from the trim arround the gearbox will be much more distracting anyway !
( just crossed the 10,000 mile marker & no regrets)
Graeme

Post #5449 12th Aug 2007 7:45 pm
Daisy

Great tip.. much appreciate GHunter. Very Happy Will try it today.

Post #5476 13th Aug 2007 11:32 pm
looney_loey

United States 

Daisy wrote:
Loey, Wow! I am impressed with you abilities to multi task. That must be quite a show. Laughing

hahaha that's nothin' I can even juggle apples while driving (Note: I can only do this while in traffic Laughing )

Quote:
Thanks a ton for telling me that the dealer might be able to get my remote to beep. I will pursue that for sure. I am use to locking from afar and hearing the beep trusting all is well.

I wonder if our LR2 has an autolock feature! I mean after leaving it for a minute it will lock by itself Rolling Eyes

Quote:
I hear my LR2 in the garage calling for a drive, and I am trying so hard not to answer. I failed. Off now. Very Happy Have a great Sunday and thanks.

There you go girl, you just can't get enough! Rolling with laughter just don't intentionally crack all the eggs in the ref for you to have a reason to drive to a grocery store and grab another tray! Rolling with laughter Do Not Follow Me...You Can't Go Where I Go!!!

.....up in the tree!!!

Post #5477 14th Aug 2007 5:26 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1