Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Sunroof blinds that dont like the sun!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
stuartp

United Kingdom 
Sunroof blinds that dont like the sun!!!

Just wondered if anyone else is having the same problem as me.

We have had a few really hot days here (yes I know that sounds impossible) and I have had a problem with the sunroof blinds, in that they wont stay shut?

The clasp just will not hold tight and they keep pinging open, and the metal inner sunroof surround is so hot you can’t touch it. but 1st thing in the morning or later in the evening it holds fine, so it must be due to expansion due to the heat. But you would have thought LandRover would have come up against this in the testing stage??

Stu Confused

Post #5225 7th Aug 2007 4:11 pm
looney_loey

United States 

I would suggest you take it back to your dealer and let them fix it. Still got warranty after all right?

funny how I didn't notice that there was no cover for the sunroof except the SUNSHADE when we were buying it, I only learned it doesn't have complete sliding cover when the vehicle was already SOLD to us.. when I ask the salesman about it he explained "LAND ROVER WANTS YOU TO GET IN TOUCH WITH NATURE ALWAYS" Laughing

I only get annoyed by it when traveling around noon time say 11am-2pm when the sun is directly above, good thing is that the A/C makes up to it by keeping the interior cold enough and as comfy as possible Thumbs Up Do Not Follow Me...You Can't Go Where I Go!!!

.....up in the tree!!!

Post #5251 8th Aug 2007 3:46 am
stuartp

United Kingdom 

looney_loey wrote:
I would suggest you take it back to your dealer and let them fix it. Still got warranty after all right?

funny how I didn't notice that there was no cover for the sunroof except the SUNSHADE when we were buying it, I only learned it doesn't have complete sliding cover when the vehicle was already SOLD to us.. when I ask the salesman about it he explained "LAND ROVER WANTS YOU TO GET IN TOUCH WITH NATURE ALWAYS" Laughing

I only get annoyed by it when traveling around noon time say 11am-2pm when the sun is directly above, good thing is that the A/C makes up to it by keeping the interior cold enough and as comfy as possible Thumbs Up

Yes that would be the 1st port of call ,but my dealer is as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

So i think ill have to keep an eye on it and try another dealer maybe.

Post #5258 8th Aug 2007 9:36 am
rmbillington

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

I was told that warranty work can be dealt with by any dealer, not just the one you bought it from, just in case there is another one near by.

Rich

Post #5265 8th Aug 2007 1:23 pm
Daisy

I have asked my dealer to tint the sunroof windows on the car I am waiting to pick up. I was disappointed there wasnt a slide cover that was solid. He readily agreed to do without a charge.

Post #5276 8th Aug 2007 5:03 pm
looney_loey

United States 

Daisy wrote:
I have asked my dealer to tint the sunroof windows on the car I am waiting to pick up. I was disappointed there wasnt a slide cover that was solid. He readily agreed to do without a charge.

Yup, I think tinting the sunroof would be a great solution. I was also thinking of buying a sticko kinda shade cover but haven't found a decent one yet. Very Happy Do Not Follow Me...You Can't Go Where I Go!!!

.....up in the tree!!!

Post #5418 11th Aug 2007 6:25 am
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I'll definately be making sure that all of the windows and especially the sunroof will be tinted before I pick mine up, to prevent my brain from cooking whilst driving along!!!

Post #5422 11th Aug 2007 8:07 am
looney_loey

United States 

Here's something I found on the net.

http://www.stratmosphere.com/mini_interior.htm

nice idea right?

I wonder if I can cut/customize a windshield shade to fit our LR2's sunroof Rolling Eyes Do Not Follow Me...You Can't Go Where I Go!!!

.....up in the tree!!!

Post #5434 11th Aug 2007 4:25 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Normally in the UK we wish for some sun so I am greatful for a perforated blind just to take the edge off the direct heat, but I can imagine for you guys in hotter climes that asolid blind would be much more sensible.....come on Land Rover ...one size does not always fit all!!!!!

Post #5748 24th Aug 2007 11:06 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1