« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > 11MY SD4 GS a few changes from 10MY GS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
druand

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White
11MY SD4 GS a few changes from 10MY GS

Have just had my new SD 190 GS for 2 days (vibrating TD 10MY gone) and apart from the body and engine updates have noticed a few others.
Digital radio, wrong fuel preventer device in filler, expensive H11 bulbs (4) for headlamps.
I am not sure that new headlamps are as good as my previous FL2's.

On a very positive note NO Vibrations.

One problem is my phone connects with LR bluetooth but disconects within 30 secs - 1 minute. Have tried a number of times with same result. The same phone paired perfectly with my 10MY FL2. All FL2's (3) Gone
2011 Mercedes C180 CGI Gone
FL2 GS Auto SD with heated leather, factory tints, alloy spare and a few other bits.

Post #82558 1st Dec 2010 10:56 pm
xtattsbox

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Druand. Pleased to hear the dreaded vibes are no more. I really hope that they don't reappear as we both know the probable outcome of that.

The really scary thing to me is how poor the quality control at LR is to allow little niggles out to the customers. I'm sure that the issues will be a 5 minute fix, but when you get a new vehicle they shouldn't be there...

Good luck with it. Mine was supposed to be gone this Saturday. Only the finance company we used is based in Rotherham and they can't get to work!!!!! Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #82572 2nd Dec 2010 7:45 am
DrownedRat

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Rimini Red

Hi Druand

glad to hear you got rid of you PUP.

I've just got a new FL2 and I noticed that mine says 'digital' on the FM button also - the hand book infers that this might invoke DAB but not got this result in mine - any ideas?

As for Bluetooth link - refer to hand book again. There is a web site address in there for compatibility - www.landrover.com/gb/en/lr/owners/bluetooth/overview/

I have linked my HTC to mine without any problems - Accesses phone book etc all OK There's always a way forward!

2008 Freelander Td4 GS - Stornoway Grey - Now Gone - Sob
2011 Freelander Td4 GS 150 - Rimini Red - in its place - Better x far x 4!!

Post #82665 2nd Dec 2010 8:57 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

They all say digital on the FM button. Apparetly this refers to digital tuning rather than DAB.
DAB is now an optional extra on all MY11 except the HSE where I believe it is standard.

Post #82850 3rd Dec 2010 8:42 pm
GSMY11

2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Lago Grey

Hello,

I've had my MY11 for a couple of months now and with all the snow it's paying its way already!

Re your telephone-I had same problem with my Blackberry. Went to Blackberry site and updated the software. This fixed the problem, so it may be worth trying similar.

To date my only problem is mysterious "knock" from door, suspension goodness knows where as we bowl along. It sometime does it as we hit bumps in road, sometimes does not.All very strange. have not taken it to dealer yet as my experienceis that they never find these things and generally scutter around but rarely fix it. If something falls off then we shall know what it is.

Does anyone have/had similar problem?

My only minor gripe is that miles per gallon seems to fall well short of advertised figures-and I am not pushing it!

Other than the "knock" I am not having any issues, so I hope your does well.

Post #82851 3rd Dec 2010 8:54 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1