Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Bravo Lookers Park Royal
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
athelstan

Bravo Lookers Park Royal

On November 10th her Ladyship's MY2010 FL2 Newport went into our Swiss Dealer for its first annual service and for a number of problematic issues to be investigated / fixed. To cut to the chase many of the issues were not fixed properly or never attended to, most importantly from a safety aspect, the adaptive headlights - AFS.

Therefore I prepared a detailed report for the owner of the dealership detailing the very poor experience we had just received from his Service Department and requested that he arrange for these matters to be put right before I embarked upon a long drive to the UK on Friday 19th November. I did not receive the courtesy of a new service appointment.

Seeking to address the AFS problem myself as I would be doing a lot of driving in the dark I launched a thread on Freel2.com and many useful comments were made on there as to what may be causing the problem and possible fixes. All to no avail. However I also received a PM from James @ LPR.

After an exchange of emails between myself and James and their Service Manager David Kingsnorth an appointment was made at very short notice to look at her FL2 whilst I was in England on a very tight programme of engagements.

I had arranged with David that in order to give his engineers the maximum possible time to investigate a number of issues I would deliver the vehicle on the morning of Wednesday 24th November and collect on the evening of the following day. Unfortunately whilst driving from Derbyshire down the M1 early that Wednesday morning I became (like probably over a thousand other vehicles) stuck southbound at J12 for 3hrs 17mins not moving one yard further south. The net result of this was that I did not arrive at LPR until approximately 15:00hrs.

Despite this extreme lateness on my part, I was immediately greeted by David and we ran through the fault report that I had prepared re her Ladyship's FL2.

Early the following morning I received the first of a number of progress telephone calls from David (note: he had to call me on my Swiss mobile number!!) and was totally reassured that the priority issue, that of safety i.e. the adaptive headlights were well underway to being resolved. Other matters were addressed during the course of the day. When I arrived at LPR circa 16:45hrs I actually caught sight of her FL2 being driven from the service bay to the customer parking area. Now I knew they'd put a full day and more's effort into this.

David explained exactly what they had done to deliver fully operational adaptive headlights, a tailgate fix (Swiss dealer had 4 attempts at this during this year - the last one was a fix based on black sticky tape), and their investigation into an irritating vibration problem, which time constraints due to the M1 event, sadly did not facilitate a fix on the day.

This was an outstanding effort from a team that did not know me from Adam, and did not sell me the FL2. Bear in mind also that I do not live in the UK and are therefore very unlikely in the short term to buy a vehicle from LPR or engage their service department i.e., I am commercially very unattractive to them. Nonetheless they slotted me into their extremely busy workshop programme at very short notice in accordance with my available time scales, and, constantly engaged me during the whole process.

That was without question a noble and magnanimous gesture. Thank You Lookers Park Royal.

If you live in the UK - from my experience - they deserve your support.

David, James, you have my respect.

Post #82287 30th Nov 2010 9:13 am
Speedway

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Baltic Blue

Brilliant service, they deserve all the support forum members can give them, I for one will give LPR a try when I am due to change. Gone, 2007 TD4 SE Auto Baltic blue, clear side repeaters, full sized alloy spare.

English by birth..... Yorkshire by the grace of God.

Post #82409 30th Nov 2010 10:52 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Great write up on your service received from LPR
Bow down Bow down Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #82410 30th Nov 2010 11:11 pm
maffs

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black

npinks wrote:
Great write up on your service received from LPR
Bow down Bow down

I agree - fab Smile

Post #82411 30th Nov 2010 11:13 pm
Lookers Park Royal

Thumbs Up Thanks for the feedback, and only too pleased to help!

Keep us posted with regard to the vibration theory, and apologies that we didn't have more time to experiment.

James Thumbs Up

Post #82457 1st Dec 2010 2:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

nice to see a forum members feedback on the LPR website too

Bow down Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #84385 15th Dec 2010 11:45 pm
Lookers Park Royal

Shocked Well spotted NPinks! How did you stumble across that??

James Thumbs Up

Post #84404 16th Dec 2010 9:13 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

Followed the link on the website, whilst looking at used D4 prices, (nothing on TV so what else is there to do) Laughing

Good thing to have on the website Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #84408 16th Dec 2010 9:50 am
Junior

England 

What I personally like about LPR is They/He (James) gets involved with the forum offering free advice and insight & is not here purely to make money out of us Thumbs Up

Good job really because at my time of life I won't ever be able to buy a new LR from him especially as I don't do the pools anymore and don't play the lottery Big Cry

Post #84434 16th Dec 2010 1:52 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1