« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Terrain Respnse
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
jackdusty

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
Terrain Respnse

I know that there have been several posts on this subject but none I have read answers my query so apologies
where necessary.
In January I started getting the dreaded Transmission Fault message. After several, sometimes frustrating visits
to the dealer it was decreed that a new Haldex unit was needed. After about a month the message stated again. dealer said that there was only one fault code in several months !
Normally when I start in the morning I get the message within about 5 miles, as the car warms, and I restart, the message goes away. This weekend the message was present most of Saturday even after several journeys.
Sunday it was back to being ok after warm up.
I am wondering if we have a bad connection which clears with some expansion caused by heat ?
My car is an 07 plate so the warranty has expired although the fault was reported prior to the end of the warranty
and has not been properly cleared (imo) regardless of the new haldex.
With the approaching winter and also a part exchange on the horizon I would like the problem resolved.
I am just gearing up to hassle the dealer but members thoughts would be appreciated.

JD

Post #77672 4th Oct 2010 12:08 pm
wizking

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver

HI
I am having the same dreaded fault message. When the Landrover assist first came out to do a download with his laptop he said that there was a fault code recorded some time ago, when I told him that it had happened several times that day he explained that it is only recorded for the download on the first instance and then it remains as just a single fault code until cleared.

Post #77681 4th Oct 2010 4:40 pm
jackdusty

Thanks Wizking,

All the more ammunition for me.
The Service Dept seemed to doubt my word about repeated warnings.

JD

Post #77707 5th Oct 2010 6:38 am
Trickster

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Zermatt Silver

Hi

I had the same issue with Transmission Fault - Traction Reduced error, it was always on cold start-up. Took to a dealer who intially reset and did a softare upgrade, it however came back, they replaced a sensor on the haldex unit, fault cured, not had the error message for 6 months now. Didn't have any grief of them, seemed to accept there was an issue and replaced under warranty.

Hope this helps.

Post #77722 5th Oct 2010 1:42 pm
jackdusty

Thanks trickster,

I have had the Haldex unit rplaced but to no avail.
I have read elsewhere that the abs sensors can cause this issue.
What is really hacking me off is the attitude of the garage in stating that the car is out of warranty.
The fault was there whilst it was in warranty and it is still there so they should fix it foc.
Consumer Advice have advised me that although the warranty on the new haldex dies with the car warranty I should have right of durability-but wee bit of a gray area !
Time will tell.

JD

Post #77726 5th Oct 2010 2:50 pm
jackdusty

Quick update om my ongoing saga- Had the car in yesterday for diagnostics, dealers has sent the fault codes to factory to see if they can shed any light. They reset the fault codes and sent me on my way rejoicing. Didn't even get out of the forecourt before the warning came on.
I have to give the dealer their due, they did not charge for the diagnostics as originally stated.
Lets hope the factory can come up trumps.

JD

Post #78365 14th Oct 2010 8:20 am
xtattsbox

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

jackdusty wrote:
Thanks trickster,

I have had the Haldex unit rplaced but to no avail.
I have read elsewhere that the abs sensors can cause this issue.
What is really hacking me off is the attitude of the garage in stating that the car is out of warranty.
The fault was there whilst it was in warranty and it is still there so they should fix it foc.
Consumer Advice have advised me that although the warranty on the new haldex dies with the car warranty I should have right of durability-but wee bit of a gray area !
Time will tell.

JD

Nah! if the fault started when the car was in warranty and they haven't fixed it they are still liable to repair it surely. Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #78371 14th Oct 2010 8:54 am
jackdusty

I am of the opinion that LR are responsible for the repair of this defect, if they did not get it right first time then
the fault is still a warrranty issue
In fairness to the dealer he seems to be leaning to my side but I am playing softly softly on the issue. No point in pressing buttons at this stage.

JD

Post #78461 15th Oct 2010 2:44 pm
jackdusty

Quick update on this Saga - 4 weeks ago the dealer repalced the Haldex again put the car back together and went for a test drive at which point the Terrain Response failed !
After some consultation with LR they checked an inline filter on the system which turned out to be choked with debris. 3 weeks to the day it went again.
The d**m thing is doing my nut in. After a run of about 5 miles I can restart the engine and all is fine also
if she has been sitting on the flat I do not have a problem ( my drive is on an incline of about 25 degrees).
Was looking to change for newer model in the new year but now having seroius doubts !!

JD

Post #82328 30th Nov 2010 1:58 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1