« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Fuel Gauge / Ride Quality
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
davew

Fuel Gauge / Ride Quality

Hello

I've had my new FL2 for about 4 weeks now. Mostly very impressed, but do have a couple of issues:

1) On two occasions after starting the engine the fuel gauge has shown empty even though there is plenty in there. Restart the engine and it shoes the correct value. Definitely one for the dealer.

2) This one is harder to define. I feel that I'm getting more vibration through the accelerator and foot well than I would expect. On anything other than smooth, new tarmac I can feel the general road surface reverberating though the pedal and foot rest. And, in general the ride feels a bit more fidgety than I would expect (compared to what I remember from car I test drove and a courtesy car I had a few weeks ago). There are no knocks or sounds, just annoying vibration – no doubt made worse now that I’ve tuned into it. I’ve checked the tyre pressures and they are all correct. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it normal? I will be mentioning it to the dealer but though check here first (as I can guess what the dealers initial response will be).

Thanks for any help.

Post #79661 1st Nov 2010 3:06 pm
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

I have not had the two problems that you mention, but they both have been topics on the forum and I'm sure someone will post shortly re these issues.

Iain

Post #79668 1st Nov 2010 4:16 pm
druand

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

Read the updates to my post FL2 today and also from xattsbox.
Have been discussing this for months since i bought 10 MY GS Auto.
Previously drove 08 MY GS Auto for nearly 30000 miles with NO hint of vibration. Would certainly NOT have bought another one if this was a "characteristic" of vehicle. All FL2's (3) Gone
2011 Mercedes C180 CGI Gone
FL2 GS Auto SD with heated leather, factory tints, alloy spare and a few other bits.

Post #79679 1st Nov 2010 6:56 pm
GSMY11

2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Lago Grey

Hi there,
I have had my GS ( Model year 11) for about the same time. Again generally saiusfied though I have mysterious "cracks" and minor knocks from somewhere which i cannot really get to gris with. The driver's seat started squeaking for some reason all of a sudden...and then stopped! I have come off various Audis and latterly a BMW 3 Series. The quality of finish on FL2 falls well below that on these cars. it's just the fit of the trim, the quality of the switches and, as I say, the mysterious knocks and cracks that I notice. I'd be interested in knowing if that is just part of life with a FL2. perhaps those who have had them for years can comment. In the meantime, let's keep comeenting on how we "new" FL2 drivers find these cars going forward. If LR really want to be seen as a premium brand these minor niggles need fixing before they reach our hands!

Post #79690 1st Nov 2010 8:53 pm
davew

Druand, thanks for that, I've read you post. This doesn't sound like the same thing, certainly not as extreme as what you have described. My problem definitely seems ride/tyre related, the symtoms aren't there on smooth roads. It just doesn't feel quite as refined as I would expect. When I take it in to have the fuel gauge looked at I'll try one of there other cars and get them to try mine and see what we think.

GSMY11, I too noticed some mysterious 'cracks' when I first got the car. I finally tracked it down to the silver surround by the gear knob. Must have been the two different types of plastic rubbing together, only seemed to do it when the car was warming up so probably expansion and flex causing it. I haven't noticed it for the last week or so.

I'll report back once I've had it to the dealer.

Post #79718 2nd Nov 2010 12:52 pm
Wing

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black
Re: Fuel Gauge / Ride Quality

davew wrote:
Hello

On two occasions after starting the engine the fuel gauge has shown empty even though there is plenty in there. Restart the engine and it shoes the correct value. Definitely one for the dealer.

Same thing happened to me this afternoon. Filled up "full" 24 hours ago, driven approximately 25 miles since full, park up for a couple of hours and on starting fuel gauge doesn't move and message on Sat Nav reading 'low fuel warning', switch off, re-start and everything back as normal.

Another one on the list for the dealer at the first service in 6 months unless it happens too often! 'Tis a very short list of two at the moment. Very Happy

Post #80329 10th Nov 2010 5:51 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1