Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Another new car from Lookers Park Royal...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
LR2 ROD

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey
Another new car from Lookers Park Royal...

Just wanted to comment on my experience with LPR. Having been in the market a few weeks, and spoken to various local dealers (I’m based in Cumbria) in the search of a 2010 MY HSE ex-demo. Based on forum feedback I gave LPR a call. Unlike the other dealers, my enquiry was promptly dealt with by Steve Allum in sales, laying out the various vehicles they had available.

Living in a pitch black rural area, (no street lighting etc for miles) I particularly wanted bi-xenon lighting, as it does make a considerable difference in lighting performance. This met with all sorts of misinformation from other dealers (only available on RRS etc?) , but once again LPR had a vehicle to suit.

Last week I picked up their ex-demonstrator. An HSE auto, finished in Lago Grey with the bi-xenon’s and also fitted with side impact bars, roof rails with cross bars and a DVD rear entertainment system. The car was prepared to an extremely high standard, every detail being perfect.

The hand over process was quick and easy, and the ‘test drive’ of some 320 miles home was a breeze. The car running much more smoothly that other FL2’s I had driven, as well as not being noticeably noisier with the roof rails on.

All in all a very positive buying experience, one reflecting other members experience, and a dealership I would personally recommend. Steve always did what he said he would do, and called back when he said he would. Something other dealers seems to find so difficult?

So thanks to Steve, and of course James. A job well done, and another satisfied customer.

Post #78542 17th Oct 2010 11:10 am
Boolia

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

I've been dealing with Steve and although they don't have a car at the moment for mr, he has been great! Just hope they can find me one ASAP!

Post #78543 17th Oct 2010 2:31 pm
Stompy

United Kingdom 

Nice one Rod, I'm Derek, I'll keep an eye out for you when I'm visiting my current partner and fellow forum member Thumbs Up

Post #78545 17th Oct 2010 3:30 pm
Lookers Park Royal

Rod,

Thanks so much for the feedback and glad that you were looked after well. NPinks has the sister car to yours but a different colour and no Homelink.

Thanks so much for your business and if we can do anything else for you then please either Steve or I know.

Thanks again,

James Thumbs Up

Post #78575 17th Oct 2010 8:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

I thought with it's spec it might have been

Does it have the same RSE system as mine? If so it's great Thumbs Up

Also what you ordered in to replace your old one? Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #78576 17th Oct 2010 8:54 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Moved to dealership feedback Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #78578 17th Oct 2010 9:00 pm
Lookers Park Royal

npinks wrote:
Also what you ordered in to replace your old one?

Creature of habit! HSE, Xenons, 19", Privacy Glass, Roof Rails, Rossen RSE, side tubes! Wink

I have a D4 (with Rossen RSE!) at the moment as we've not got enough FL2's coming through.

James Thumbs Up

Post #78581 17th Oct 2010 9:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Lookers Park Royal wrote:
Rod,

Thanks so much for the feedback and glad that you were looked after well. NPinks has the sister car to yours but a different colour and no Homelink.

What is Homelink? (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #78584 17th Oct 2010 9:33 pm
Lookers Park Royal

It's a garage door / electric gate opener. There are buttons on the underside of the rear view mirror.

James Thumbs Up

Post #78588 17th Oct 2010 9:49 pm
SPNRACING

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

And what is Rossen RSE? No hits on Google! 2010 HSE Auto in Santorini Black/almond with xenons and privacy glass.

Post #78589 17th Oct 2010 10:04 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

I'm guessing Rear Seat Entertainment (Headrest DVD's) but I am intrigued... are these now the standard dealer fit accessory? Are they better than the LR ones? Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #78591 17th Oct 2010 10:15 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Not OEM LR fit, but there were the company that made the roofmounted DVD that went in the D3's

They are basically replacement headrest with built in DVD player screens in each seat

Search for Rosen AV7500

Click image to enlarge
 Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #78593 17th Oct 2010 10:20 pm
LR2 ROD

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Morning everyone,

Mr Npinks, Stompy, James…

As I said James, very happy and sure we will be speaking in the future. Told Steve to keep me in mind when the Evoque makes an appearance next year.

The Rosen RSE system is incredible. The only problem I am having is getting people out of the back of the car. Gone are the days of “…are we there yet?”. Thumbs Up

Post #78616 18th Oct 2010 11:03 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

I agree, my kids will switch them on just for a 30second trip round the corner

and my mates sat in the back seats watching movies and playing the games all the way back from scotland, me up front on my own like a chauffeur Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #78633 18th Oct 2010 1:19 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1