« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > lOOKERS SERVICE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
1STFREELANDER

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Santorini Black
lOOKERS SERVICE

Booked my 1st service with Lookers Park royal six weeks ago, sat in traffic for an hour and a half today only to be told it wasn't booked in. Although they said they could do it there was no courtesy car so I would have to sit in the showroom, I declined the offer and came home. I rang my local dealer, Stratstone of Woodford and they have sqeezed me in for a while you wait service tommorow, and price matched. You only get one chance to make a first impression and it's Stratstone that have passed the test.

Post #77846 7th Oct 2010 10:22 am
wizking

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver

Yes, I agree, first impressions mean everything.

Post #77875 7th Oct 2010 3:44 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I understand you would have been slightly miffed and quite possibley unable to wait on the day and needed the loan car

But what they offered would have been the same while you wait service stratstones offered, but you'll have the extra drive there and wait there again when you go there

Shame it happened, but if it was possible it might have been better on your time to hang round and let them make a mends, and hopefully get a little extra off Wink Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #77876 7th Oct 2010 4:04 pm
Lookers Park Royal

1stFreelander,

May I profusely apologise for your wasted journey this morning. I myself would have turned they air blue if the boot was on the other foot. I appreciate that you have had an explanation from our new Service Manager as to why the error occurred, however that aside, you are perfectly right in your statement that first impressions mean everything.

The frustrating thing was that I arrived shortly after you left, and had I been there at the time then you would have been in a demonstrator and on your way. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I fully understand that it is also a matter of principal. Regrettably, our Service Advisor should have offered an immediate solution to keeping you mobile under the circumstances. A lesson has been learned in that respect.

Again, apologies for the inconvenience, and if there is ever an opportunity for a second impression then we would very much welcome it, and would ask that you speak to either David or myself directly.

Regards,

James Embarassed

Post #77879 7th Oct 2010 4:12 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
athelstan

LPR - James
May I say that from my personal experiences, forum observation and your last post, that communication has generally been LPR's strong point. This has indeed been an unusual lapse. However the damage has been done. Hard to win clients - easy to loose customers.

And curiously - from my own 4 attempts LPR has been hopelessly uncompetitive on accessory pricing. Why? Maybe that's another area where corporately a lesson could be learnt.

Post #77889 7th Oct 2010 6:33 pm
1STFREELANDER

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

First let me explain where I was. after an hour and half in taffiic only to be told I wasn't booked in I was incandescent with rage, about to turn green and split my underwear (actually, the Hulks underwear was the only item of clothing that didn't rip) I really couldn't face sitting in the showroom for all day as I wasn't offered a 2hr wait, and as a principle I try not to reward poor service. Stratstones are an easy 20min drive from me and offered to service the car while I wait. They have also told me my car needs the gearbox update. I appreciate the reply from Lookers and am sure they have many happy customers, I only went to a dealer the other side of london because they sponser the site, I have calmed down now, and had I been in a similar frame of mind this morning I may have dealt differently.

Post #77913 7th Oct 2010 8:09 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

It's easy for us to sit here typing away, for it to actually happen to you how you react is completely different Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #77914 7th Oct 2010 8:14 pm
Junior

England 

Maybe an Automated text message the day before appointments would be a good idea???? like when you book a flight or an airport lounge on the internet. Just a thought-might not make Dragons Den though Whistle

(Do they still do appointment cards at the dentist or hair dressers these days?)

Post #77920 7th Oct 2010 9:41 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

My dealer in leeds texts to say your cars booked in so don't forget your driving licence etc Smile

Didn't get jack from the old dealer out towards York Confused Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #77921 7th Oct 2010 9:51 pm
athelstan

1STFREELANDER wrote:
First let me explain where I was. after an hour and half in taffiic only to be told I wasn't booked in I was incandescent with rage, about to turn green and split my underwear (actually, the Hulks underwear was the only item of clothing that didn't rip) I really couldn't face sitting in the showroom for all day as I wasn't offered a 2hr wait, and as a principle I try not to reward poor service. Stratstones are an easy 20min drive from me and offered to service the car while I wait. They have also told me my car needs the gearbox update. I appreciate the reply from Lookers and am sure they have many happy customers, I only went to a dealer the other side of london because they sponser the site, I have calmed down now, and had I been in a similar frame of mind this morning I may have dealt differently.

Very Understandable
Many would have done the same and gone elsewhere. Now it is up to Stratstone's, having gained a customer, to demonstrate that they have the management skills and vehicle expertise (all departments) to retain their new client.

Post #77940 8th Oct 2010 7:31 am
W.D.C.A.P.H.

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey

Junior wrote:

(Do they still do appointment cards at the hair dressers these days?)

You go to a hairdressers ? I worry about you son Rolling with laughter We Don't Care About Pot Holes !!

Post #77949 8th Oct 2010 10:10 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

He's got to look his best, on bingo night Thumbs Up At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #77950 8th Oct 2010 10:24 am
Junior

England 

Ha Ha, No I don't go to the hair dressers-thats why the question, I've Not had hair since the mid 1980's or teeth since the mid 90's for that matter Big Cry

Post #77953 8th Oct 2010 12:18 pm
Ticktock

What about bladder control?

Post #77955 8th Oct 2010 2:24 pm
ad210358

England 

The Stratstones near me send you a text to confirm the booking and a text again the day before the appointment, but the reminder is needed as many moons will have passed from the day it's booked to the day it completed.
They also send texts to offer you fantastic way above book prices for your Freelander due to a regular shortage of good used Freelanders but they never follow up the replies, but then how can a garage make love to itself.

Post #77958 8th Oct 2010 3:24 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>