« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Ryder Cup - 2010 - Celtic Manor
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
xtattsbox

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Ryder Cup - 2010 - Celtic Manor

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Cool I've got a ticket for Sunday!! Cool

Happy, Happy, Happy....

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #69260 26th May 2010 12:50 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

will there be lots of available women there, now that tiger isnt around to look after them all? At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #69262 26th May 2010 12:53 pm
xtattsbox

Laughing

Nike...

Just do it... Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #69263 26th May 2010 1:03 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

i used to like playing golf, but ran out of free time to play when the kids came along

but I can't understand it been a spectator sport

you stand by the Tee, they hit a ball, the ball disapears 400yrds down the fairway, what do you do........

watch somebody else tee off or run off to watch the next chip/putt, missing the next person etc

much easier to watch on TV as you'll miss less Whistle

Now the young lady with the big bazzuba's is worth a watch Twisted Evil Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #69264 26th May 2010 1:53 pm
xtattsbox

Thing is with the Ryder cup there is a great atmosphere. There is a lot of mickey taking between the Americans and Europeans. Just a fab day out.

Planning to get there at about 7am on Sunday and camp out on the 1st tee Grandstand. They won't even tee off 'till about 11!! They do operate a system so that you can leave the Grandstand to get a drink etc. and come back again. They don't let your seat go.

Can't wait Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #69266 26th May 2010 2:15 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

its basically a P:censored:ss up then Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #69271 26th May 2010 4:00 pm
xtattsbox

Maybe one or two... Rolling Eyes Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #69280 26th May 2010 4:47 pm
tonka

United Kingdom 

You are going to have to get a big bank loan if you plan getting Censored at the Celtic Manor Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry If I had all the money I spent on Beer!, I'd spend it on Beer!.

Post #69281 26th May 2010 4:49 pm
xtattsbox

Was there on "Magic Monday"

The atmosphere on the 1st tee was just unbelievable. Don't know how many seats were there, but it was more like a football crowd! Chanting was non-stop from 6.45 till the first shot at 9.05.

Team USA did their level best to get the Ryder cup back and nearly did. I really feel for Hunter Mahon, he duffed one of the most important chips he would hit and that is going to stay with him for a long time. They were on the back foot at that point, but I don't think that any of the 35000 people round that green wanted to see that.

The press that say that the US "don't want it" are idiots. Some of the best golf I have ever seen on both sides, and Tiger, apart from being a bit grumpy, he is back... Ripped it to pieces!

Roll on 2014, I'm going to Gleneagles. Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #77720 5th Oct 2010 1:37 pm
Pegleg

Wales 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Must admit the Ryder Cup is a different experiance altogether than all the other tournaments.

Pinky does have a point; you do see a lot more on the telly. But what you don't get is the atmosphere, the Ryder Cup has a very special one. I went to the Belfry, i think it was '85, and we won it for the first time in 26 years. The noise around the course was amazing. It never stopped. Once we'd won, Concord flew over as if to rub salt in the wound to the Americans. They didn't like it up 'em!!

Post #77732 5th Oct 2010 5:47 pm
xtattsbox

That is where that old technology stuff comes in. I all of the may viewing areas, they had big TV screens so you were able to watch what the people were watching at home. They had the radios so you could tune into the on course commentary, and Fanvision, little 6" ish widescreen TV's that I think you hired and were able to watch what was going on, check scores and other stuff. (Didn't have one, couldn't see the point)

But, you were able to have the best of both worlds!!

this is a very small sample of the bedlam on the 1st tee...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7Q2MFhFBio

Started at 6.45 when Di Stewart and Nicky Camble walked into the Grandstand, getting everyone singing and finshed at 11.20 when the last ball was driven off the 1st.

Still buzzing, just the best ever Very Happy Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #77801 6th Oct 2010 8:41 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1