« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Electrical Glitches
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Grimbo

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver
Electrical Glitches

Hello everybody, this is my first post, so please bear wth me.
I have had my FL2 TD4 XS auto for 2 weeks and it has had a LR towbar fitted and the latest software update installed.

It is going back to the dealer next week as the parking sensors do not work since the software upgrade. Also I have the start / trip reset fault as well. Not happy to say the least, and therefor the software uprade hasn't cured the fault which so many of our vehicles seem to be suffering from.

Can anybody tell me what the correct fully loaded tyre pressures should be for 235/65 R17 tyres as I tow a caravan and I cannot find the info in the handbook.

Many thanks in advance and I will keep you all informed of the outcome.

Post #4632 14th Jul 2007 8:17 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 
Re: Electrical Glitches

Grimbo wrote:
I have had my FL2 TD4 XS auto for 2 weeks and it has had a LR towbar fitted and the latest software update installed.

It is going back to the dealer next week as the parking sensors do not work since the software upgrade. Also I have the start / trip reset fault as well. Not happy to say the least, and therefor the software uprade hasn't cured the fault which so many of our vehicles seem to be suffering from.

Can anybody tell me what the correct fully loaded tyre pressures should be for 235/65 R17 tyres as I tow a caravan and I cannot find the info in the handbook.

I too tow a caravan, (it's a great car for towing), i queried this with my dealer and was told there is no need to increase the tyre pressure.

Post #4638 15th Jul 2007 12:23 am
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Grimbo wrote:

My interpretation of the tyre pressure data is this ..... there is no information to indicate that any adjustment is necessary for full load or towing situations therefore it is not necessary to make any adjustments. I have run my vehicle at many different loads including having a 1450kg 'van in tow; all done at 32psi all round, no problems.

Post #4639 15th Jul 2007 1:26 am
Tandemman

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Rimini Red

I agree Igot my dealer to telephone land rover technical dept whilst I was there I also tow a large caravan and they confirmed 32psi regardless of load.Have now towed about 4000 miles no problems at all.

Post #4641 15th Jul 2007 6:50 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

I checked with my dealer and they have confirmed no adjustment is required.

Which is a lot better than my previous car ('55 Kia Sportage XS) the manual said I didn't need to alter my tyre 30 psi, I had the dealer check the car out as it felt spongy when driving without the caravan, I think it was a suspension problem. The dealer said it due to lack of tyre pressure, and added another 8psi. (to 38psi)

I challanged him on this, saying I had checked and rechecked my tyre psi, I contacted Kia Customer services and they confirmed in writting that under no circumstances should I run the car at 38psi as this was dangerous to run over inflated tyres and could invalidate my car insurance.

Upon showing the dealer the letter, they made some excuse about my tire pressure gage not been calibrated like theres are, I had them check my tyre were correct and then with the service manager stood next to me, checked with mine and 30psi came the reading.

Lets say sheepish appolgies came flooding out Sheep Sheep Sheep

Never got to the bottom of the problem, as the car was written off. Bow down

Post #4651 15th Jul 2007 6:02 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

I was really glad to find that the tyre pressures don't require adjustment for different loads. I keep an electric tyre pump in my 'kit box' in the car but its always a pain trying to remember to check and adjust, especially when towing the 'van. My last car needed an adjustment from 32 to 38 when towing so it's a welcome improvement not to have keep adjusting pressures.

Post #4657 15th Jul 2007 8:42 pm
Grimbo

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver

Grimbo wrote:

Smile After receiving my car back from the dealer on Wednesday I am pleased to say the parking sensors and starting / trip meter zeroing problems have now been resolved.

Thanks to all of you who replied regarding tyre pressures and I agree it will be so much easier not having to inflate / deflate the tyres for when I tow my van.

Heading down to Spain with the van in three weeks time, so I will let you know how my car performed / MPG etc when I get back.

Post #4755 20th Jul 2007 7:51 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1