« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Colour coded bottom of bumpers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
smellee

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Colour coded bottom of bumpers

Are the premium pack front and rear colour coded bumper bottoms available seperately? Easy to fit? I like the HST kit but reduces the clearance, but like the all colour look (including door bottoms).

Post #76459 20th Sep 2010 7:36 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

So far as I know they are a one piece unit as in the standard bumper but just fully painted. One reason I went for an HSE. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #76469 20th Sep 2010 8:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

smellee - Mav71 did the full makeover on our year of car, door bottoms are a relatively easy fit but the front are rear bumpers are as EV says one piece units. I had the door panels done but my independent financial advisor (And me actually) drew the line at new front and rears.
I have thought about calling into a good panel body shop and asking how much and could it be done while fitted to the car i.e not taking the parts off.

Post #76471 20th Sep 2010 8:45 pm
smellee

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Thanks EV and Mcp.

Will the paint be strong enough, ie will it flake? A mates very old Opel Manta used to flake paint on the resprayed plastics.

Mcp, how easy were your door handle end caps to remove? I'm struggling like b*ggery to get them off.

Post #76482 20th Sep 2010 10:04 pm
mcphersonstrut

I prised the old door handles off using a 12''steel rule but any wide flat screwdriver would do. You have to prise it in the gap between the handle and the end cap. Although this is the new cap going on, can you see the clips on the right hand side of the end cap? there the one's you have to release first ...on the other side of that cap there's a large piece of plastic to hold secure.
If your still not winning PM me your email address and I'll send you a few more pictures.

Post #76507 21st Sep 2010 9:14 am
mcphersonstrut

Embarassed For to answer your other question re paint....I think paint technology has moved on a bit since the old Manta days, as all bumpers are now plastic (Or a form of it), but it's a good point.
Any painters out there can assist Question

Post #76508 21st Sep 2010 9:17 am
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

smellee wrote:
Thanks EV and Mcp.

Will the paint be strong enough, ie will it flake? A mates very old Opel Manta used to flake paint on the resprayed plastics.

Mcp, how easy were your door handle end caps to remove? I'm struggling like b*ggery to get them off.

The paint on the lower bumpers will be as strong as the rest of the car when factory done as it will be baked. On the NON - HSE bumpers it will simply ( I presume) be a case of the lower parts being masked off so they don't get painted & on the HSE lower door trim they will simply go through the paint system as the rest of the car.

If you want them painted aftermarket then don't go for the cheapest price, make sure the bodyshop has an oven to bake it. My bodyshop painted & fitted my front body kit parts & no body has said they look aftermarket painted!! Smile (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #76583 21st Sep 2010 9:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1