« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > lights or what !!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
lights or what !!!!

I've just spent nearly the entire week away from home working on site at Prestwick Airport. I'm based at home which is just south of Manchester and my patch is the entire UK from Sumburgh, Shetland in the north to London in the southeast and Bristol in the south west; so the bottom line is I travel a few miles by car ......

This afternoon/evening I have driven home from Prestwick, a journey of about 240 miles. The weather was absolute ' Censored ' all the way. Why oh f@@king why can't people turn their lights on in bad weather? The average 'British' motorist seems to be totally unwilling to turn his/her lights on when the weather turns to ' Censored ' but I don't understand why.

You're on the motorway, there is a huge amount of spray and the only way you can see other vehicles is if they have dipped headlights on. What happens? well at least 50% of motorists don't understand see and "be seen" so they don't even think to turn their lights on.... It is totally depressing to see this behavior because it shows that a large percentage of the motoring population just don't have a "f@@king" clue what to do ....

During the entire journey I only saw 1 police car, which was attending an accident. In these sort of ' Censored ' conditions we need real life police patrols out there looking for these 'none-illuminated" toss pots, stopping them and giving them some strong advice about see and be seen ....

Sorry this is a rant, but there are just too many idiots out there going undetected .... !

Post #4609 13th Jul 2007 11:04 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I totally agree!!!!! Thumbs Up

That and thoses idiots who think "it's raining better put the fog lights on!!!"

Post #4613 14th Jul 2007 10:04 am
DLDisco3

Belgium 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

+1 Thumbs Up

...but in Belgium it's the greens and the 2-wheelers holding it back Big Cry

Reason: Rolling Eyes the 2-wheelers won't be noticed anymore (so? maybe they will watch out then Whistle ) and the cars will use more fuel (oh yeah, like how much? 0.01 litres in 5000 kms? Yawn )

Post #4709 18th Jul 2007 10:26 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mack

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Sumatra Black
Re: lights or what !!!!

avtur wrote:
I've just spent nearly the entire week away from home working on site at Prestwick Airport. I'm based at home which is just south of Manchester and my patch is the entire UK from Sumburgh, Shetland in the north to London in the southeast and Bristol in the south west; so the bottom line is I travel a few miles by car ......

This afternoon/evening I have driven home from Prestwick, a journey of about 240 miles. The weather was absolute ' :censored: ' all the way. Why oh f@@king why can't people turn their lights on in bad weather? The average 'British' motorist seems to be totally unwilling to turn his/her lights on when the weather turns to ' :censored: ' but I don't understand why.

You're on the motorway, there is a huge amount of spray and the only way you can see other vehicles is if they have dipped headlights on. What happens? well at least 50% of motorists don't understand see and "be seen" so they don't even think to turn their lights on.... It is totally depressing to see this behavior because it shows that a large percentage of the motoring population just don't have a "f@@king" clue what to do ....

During the entire journey I only saw 1 police car, which was attending an accident. In these sort of ' :censored: ' conditions we need real life police patrols out there looking for these 'none-illuminated" toss pots, stopping them and giving them some strong advice about see and be seen ....

Sorry this is a rant, but there are just too many idiots out there going undetected .... !

Totaly agree, in Poland you have to have your headlights on 24/7 during the winter months, what a great idea!

Post #5234 7th Aug 2007 8:33 pm
lrlr2

Germany 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Nazca Sand

Milestone mack - excellent idea...

i notice the LR tends to be not so good at the auto light function. I think it waits wayy toooo long to turn the lights on.. my MINI was better at sensing the evening and turn the lights on just at the right time...

Post #5295 8th Aug 2007 7:52 pm
mack

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

lrlr2 wrote:
:ms: mack - excellent idea...

i notice the LR tends to be not so good at the auto light function. I think it waits wayy toooo long to turn the lights on.. my MINI was better at sensing the evening and turn the lights on just at the right time...
I think its an acceptable delay, certainly would improve things if al cars had it, when you see some of the clowns on the Autobahns driving at dusk with no lights at 120mph+ How’s KL these days? Been there a couple of times, mainly when heading south towards Mullheim. I'm up near Hanover.

Post #5303 8th Aug 2007 8:49 pm
lrlr2

Germany 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Nazca Sand

KL good - been here 7 months Smile .. been travl'n a bit exploring...

Post #5307 8th Aug 2007 8:56 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1