Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > First Service Completed - Faulty parts also to be fixed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
quickmotor

Ireland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey
First Service Completed - Faulty parts also to be fixed

I had the first service carried out on Tuesday. 22,000k on the clock. Cost me €170. I also got the software update carried out. The best part of this is that now the clock is displayed on the radio all the time Thumbs Up

Clicking under the car while cruising - they fixed the problem which WAS the heat sheild around the propshaft as I was experiencing the clicking noise for some time under the car. Very Happy

Creaking Wing Mirrors - they could not fix them so they have ordered 2 replacement ones. Very Happy

Warn plastic around the seatbelt - they also have ordered 2 new interior panels for around the seat belts which will make it look better but does not fix the problem of the plastic wearing away.

All in all I am very happy with the service I got at the dealer. Hopefully this will continue and I will update as soon as they have installed the replacement parts.

Hope everyone else also has this service from their dealer. Smile

Post #4550 12th Jul 2007 10:41 pm
erik

Netherlands 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: First Service Completed - Faulty parts also to be fixed

quickmotor wrote:
I had the first service carried out on Tuesday. 22,000k on the clock. Cost me €170. I also got the software update carried out. The best part of this is that now the clock is displayed on the radio all the time Thumbs Up

Clicking under the car while cruising - they fixed the problem which WAS the heat sheild around the propshaft as I was experiencing the clicking noise for some time under the car. Very Happy

Creaking Wing Mirrors - they could not fix them so they have ordered 2 replacement ones. Very Happy

Warn plastic around the seatbelt - they also have ordered 2 new interior panels for around the seat belts which will make it look better but does not fix the problem of the plastic wearing away.

All in all I am very happy with the service I got at the dealer. Hopefully this will continue and I will update as soon as they have installed the replacement parts.

Are you saying you have a clock reading when the radio is off too? I think this is one of the strangest things in the car, i can't tell the time without music on.

Post #4555 13th Jul 2007 10:55 am
defkalion

Greece 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

quickmotor wrote:

Do you mean they will replace the plastics, or are you talking about some kind of add-on?

Post #4592 13th Jul 2007 3:01 pm
quickmotor

erik wrote:
[quote

Are you saying you have a clock reading when the radio is off too? I think this is one of the strangest things in the car, i can't tell the time without music on.[/quote]

Yes, Clock now displayed as soon as the key is put in. No need to have radio on anymore.

Post #4595 13th Jul 2007 5:22 pm
quickmotor

defkalion wrote:
quickmotor wrote:

Do you mean they will replace the plastics, or are you talking about some kind of add-on?

Only looks like that they are replacing the plastics. I would say that if enough people request these to be replaced that they will soon come up with some add-on to eliminate this problem.

Post #4596 13th Jul 2007 5:23 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

quickmotor wrote:

Well it definatly less expensive than my dealer has quoted

Post #4597 13th Jul 2007 6:54 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

My car will be having its first service in just over a weeks time. The 'menu' price displayed at service reception is .... £346 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

As I am not paying for the service I don't know what the cost will be, but I'm 100% certain the lease company will not be paying that price.

Interesting to see the comment about creaking mirrors because they will be on my list of problems.....

Post #4620 14th Jul 2007 3:23 pm
The Villager

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey

avtur wrote:
My car will be having its first service in just over a weeks time. The 'menu' price displayed at service reception is .... £346 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

As I am not paying for the service I don't know what the cost will be, but I'm 100% certain the lease company will not be paying that price.

Interesting to see the comment about creaking mirrors because they will be on my list of problems.....

Hi
Might be a good thing for us all to find what different dealers are charging, we can then perhaps discuss prices with our dealer!
david David

Post #4622 14th Jul 2007 5:04 pm
John L

United Kingdom 

I like the idea of 170 euros in Ireland. All of a sudden a Guinness sampling weekend in Dublin sounds like a good idea and can then head back to the ferry when sobered up. You certainly have to shop round these main dealers, some friends of ours have a Disco 3 and ringing around saved them £70 and that was at another main dealer just 30 miles away. Needless to say the local one then did an immediate price match!

Post #4631 14th Jul 2007 7:14 pm
quickmotor

Clicking under the car while cruising that was fixed at last service is back Big Cry after just 2,000 miles!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
I have also not been contacted by dealer to have the replacement wing mirrors and worn plastic around the seat belts fitted. Censored

Will be going back hopefully next week if I can get MORE time off work to get this stuff fixed.

Post #5341 9th Aug 2007 1:28 pm
themanhimself

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Baltic Blue

can you tell me where you got your freelander serviced as I am in Limavady was it Letterkenny thanks

Post #5351 9th Aug 2007 3:21 pm
quickmotor

themanhimself wrote:
can you tell me where you got your freelander serviced as I am in Limavady was it Letterkenny thanks

Hi, Funny thing is that I work in Limavady!! Yes it was in Letterkenny where I got it serviced. As far as I know they have recently changed their labour prices so it could be a bit more now. I can PM you an email address for a quote if you wish.

Post #5376 10th Aug 2007 8:16 am
themanhimself

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Baltic Blue

thanks that is funny
may notice you about mine is Baltic blue with cream inside
I will wait till later for service details as i only have 4500 miles on clock mind you that is inside approx 6 weeks
thanks for reply

Post #5379 10th Aug 2007 9:28 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1