Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Tips & Tricks > Is your Bluetooth connection automatic?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
W.D.C.A.P.H.

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey

Try this :-

Have the phone where you can see it's screen.
Turn on ignition.

Does anything come on the screen about "XXX trying to connect" or somesuch ? This will show that the Landy is trying to connect to the phone. I've seen phones where this message only stays on for a few seconds, so by the time you have got it out of your pocket, the message has gone and you have lost your chance.

If you DO get this message, then you will need to set the phone to connect automatically as stated above.

Other things to check for are if the the phone is in "discoverable" mode when on Bluetooth. It shouldn't need to be, but I've seen a few that needed to be discoverable for a few connections after pairing. Not supposed to be like that but hey, if it works. Those that needed this worked fine after a few connections Rolling Eyes We Don't Care About Pot Holes !!

Post #75246 4th Sep 2010 6:19 pm
--s-i-m--

Scotland 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Santorini Black

Thanks for the help guys. After trying a few more times, it does connect automatically which is nice.

Post #75327 6th Sep 2010 10:17 am
redlabel

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

Having problems with my 2007 and the new HTC desire. Looking on LR homepage they say there is no problems between the two. It syncs the phonebook but all contacts come up as just "a". Sad Secondly about 30% of all calls I answer on the car player there is no sound on the speakers.
Had no problems with my last phone the Samsung S8000. FL2, TD4 HSE
The flaming Orange!

Post #76128 16th Sep 2010 3:03 pm
stuartmitch

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Baltic Blue

So... I have also had pairing problems with my iPhone 3G (no S). I tried it out again this morning after reading this thread and it was perfectly possible to sit there watching the pairing connect... then disconnect... then connect (after me telling the car to)... then disconnect... then connect (after me telling the car to)... you get the idea.

Here is what I found...

1... if you initiate a call from the handset it will connect and STAY connected to the car. You could (for example) call your voicemail before you set off each time.... boring but effective.

2... if someone calls you while the phone is unconnected you can (need to be quick to beat voicemail!) press the phone button, select your handset and pick up the call using the steering wheel button. When you do this the handset will STAY connected to the car even after you hang up.

I now have a workable (but not dreadfully convenient) system.

Hope this helps someone. Thumbs Up

EDIT: I am deleting the remainder of my original post as I have found it to be NOT true.

In an earlier post I wrote:
I tried turning OFF the sync features... i.e. going from this to this and... guess what?... it pairs and STAYS paired.

[Yeah... I do need to find a more elegant way of sharing images than Twitpic but, y'know...! Whistle ]

I think the secret to BT pairing might be just to keep it really simple. I don't want to initiate calls from the car.. just accept them if they come in. This works for me.

I will try it later with syncing contacts but not favorites (sic.) or recents (sic.) and see what happens... as I guess it might be useful... would (presumably) also give me incoming caller ID.

Hope this helps someone. Thumbs Up

Post #78193 12th Oct 2010 10:28 am
andyfr

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Stornoway Grey
HTC Touch Pro 2

Just some feedback about my experience with a Touch Pro 2.

When I first tried to connect it wouldn't but then I checked on the Land Rover site for compatibility to see that WM6.1 ROM 1.19.401.1 WWE 06/22/09 wasn't recommended.

I updated the ROM to WM6.5 and it works fine, reconnects automatically and downloads the address book. Andyfr

Post #78208 12th Oct 2010 3:26 pm
stuartmitch

FWIW, I checked there too... they don't list any iOS 4.x with the 3G. Smile

Post #78209 12th Oct 2010 3:33 pm
asinrute

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Santorini Black

Quote:
The car will connect to the LAST phone it connected, provided the bloototh is on on said phone. If the last phone connected is not yours, you need to chose it from the menu.

This the same for me whatever phone was last connected connects again automatically, if the last phone's not present I need to choose from a list of previously connected phones. As a norm I have an I-phone 3gs and it always connects automatically if it was the last phone used. I have upgraded the phone software to Io4 but it hasn't altered how the phone connects. Very happy with the performance of the bluetooth in the FL2 FL2 HSE Sumatra black with body kit

Post #78226 12th Oct 2010 8:02 pm
s7gpt

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

iphone 4 using 4.1 ( jailbroken ) connects automatically every time Wink freelander 2 SE black and beige - now sold

Post #78229 12th Oct 2010 8:07 pm
stuartmitch

I just don't understand it. I got in the car to head out today... phone rang... car connected. Cool

Got back in the car to head home and tried to make a call from the car... phone not connected. Confused Initiated from the handset and... connected just fine. Cool

It's just not as automatic as I wanted/expected. Thud I only have one handset paired.

Post #78237 12th Oct 2010 8:38 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

My BB Curve connects first time every time and works brilliantly - I've even got the voice tags working (although the BB voice recognition leaves little to be desired Confused )

I only wish the bloody address book would upload numbers AND names and not just the numbers. I believe it is the version of BB OS I am running but annoying non the less Sad Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #78255 12th Oct 2010 9:37 pm
stuartmitch

charrodine wrote:
I only wish the bloody address book would upload numbers AND names and not just the numbers. I believe it is the version of BB OS I am running but annoying non the less Sad

LOL... proof that we are NEVER satisfied, I wish that the address book would display "firstname lastname" but sorted by lastname AND scroll the names so I can see which are mobile, home, office etc. Rolling Eyes Numbers only must be REALLY frustrating.

Post #78256 12th Oct 2010 9:40 pm
Sam

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Is this slightly different to the main topic? Mine (HTC HD2) connects automatically but you have to switch on the phone on the radio before the switches on the steering wheel work.

In other words, with radio off, start car and the display shows that it's connected very quickly but nothing works until phone is selected.

Post #80327 10th Nov 2010 5:37 pm
Wing

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Sam wrote:
Is this slightly different to the main topic? Mine (HTC HD2) connects automatically but you have to switch on the phone on the radio before the switches on the steering wheel work.

In other words, with radio off, start car and the display shows that it's connected very quickly but nothing works until phone is selected.

Sounds normal to me Sam, you have to select the phone before you can use the controls on the steering wheel. Unless you get an incoming call first, then you can answer with the buttons.

I get around the Nokia/FL2 problem with last call lists etc by using voice activated calling.

Post #80333 10th Nov 2010 6:00 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

W.D.C.A.P.H. wrote:
On my phone, (Nokia something), I have a "Connect automatically without confirmation" setting. This does what it says and once paired, it will connect every time. It should be a standard Bluetooth option.

Yep, it's a phone thing, not the car.

I have Nokia 6700 which is on Landrovers list & it is supposed to auto connect everytime thought periodically it can't be bothered so I have to do it manually but no point in taking it to be looked at as all I will be told is "No fault found" as has been the case several times so I've simply given up with it!!
So do I have a fault???

Yet I have a £150 Parrat in 2 of the other cars & they connect everytime. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #80344 10th Nov 2010 7:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
djm

2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Zermatt Silver

I found with my Nokia E72 that it receives all calls but if I try to initiate a hands free call that only works if it is before the phone autolocks ie within 20mins of last using the phone

Post #82691 2nd Dec 2010 9:41 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>