« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Spotted > Spotted - Range Rover Evoque
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
SPNRACING

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black
Spotted - Range Rover Evoque

On the M20 heading west this morning at about 08:15. In the 'camouflage' colours as seen in all the press shots. How many of these are there in the UK? 2010 HSE Auto in Santorini Black/almond with xenons and privacy glass.

Post #74776 27th Aug 2010 4:47 pm
BenSki

France 

Spotted two of the yellow camouflaged Evoques heading South between Ashford and the Channel tunnel yesterday morning in convoy.

Post #78269 12th Oct 2010 11:31 pm
ad15

there's a few of them about,,, still dont see the point in them being camo'd when we all know what they look like anyway...

Post #78271 13th Oct 2010 12:10 am
denviks

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

we spotted one on its way to the paris motorshow a couple of weeks ago with a new cammed freelander behind it?

they were hurtling towards paris on the a1

Post #78277 13th Oct 2010 6:29 am
Chris B

United Kingdom 

I know it's getting near to launch but we spotted our first (and only) one driving through the middle of Chipping Campden during half term week when we were in the area on holiday. Black and white swirly camo job but, hey, it's bigger than the picture make you think! Gone... 2013 XS TD4 Manual Firenze Red
Gone... 2008 (09MY) XS Td4 Manual Stornaway Grey
Prior... 2003 G4 Discovery 2, 1998 Disco 1 and 1997 Disco 1 Company car before that
Also gone in Nov'13, after 7.5 yrs, to new owners with time for more TLC - 1980 Series III 88
Current 2015 Discovery Sport HSE 2.0

Post #96222 23rd Mar 2011 6:05 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

saw one in stratford upon avon last week with its swirly camo job.

Post #96485 25th Mar 2011 5:58 pm
Xtrema

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Sorry guys but I have no idea where Land Rover's coming from with this, it's absolutely hideous!!!!!!!!!! Crying or Very sad Black 2.2 TD4 HSE Auto with Chrome Trim Everywhere !!!!!
I'm not as think as you confused I am !!!!!!

Post #96604 27th Mar 2011 6:57 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Dom Harvey

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Fuji White

Think you'll be in a minority mate, bet they sell loads. Point in case is my local LR which has 22 pre-ordered and you'll have to wait quite awhile to get your hands on one. 
My Landrover History:
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Limited Edition - Current
2008 Discovery 3 GS Auto
2006 Discovery 3 Manual
2004 Discovery 3 Manual
2003 Defender TD5 CSW Manual
1996 Defender 300TDi CSW Manual

Post #96618 27th Mar 2011 11:59 am
Mark12

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Ipanema Sand

Dom Harvey wrote:
Think you'll be in a minority mate, bet they sell loads. Point in case is my local LR which has 22 pre-ordered and you'll have to wait quite awhile to get your hands on one.

It will be interesting to see how many of the deposits that dealers are holding actually turn into customer orders once the official price list is released in April.

I bet a lot of people are ordering based on the £30k price that has been quoted but when you start adding the options and the price is going north of £40k it is going to put a few people off.

Post #96630 27th Mar 2011 2:38 pm
dunroof

Dom Harvey wrote:

Ever considered your the minority? The Beckham Chariot is vile, bet there's plenty want their deposits back either as said, because of the price or because of it's vulgarity!

Post #96632 27th Mar 2011 3:45 pm
Dom Harvey

dunroof wrote:

Ever considered your the minority?

Shocked never said I liked or disliked it actually, chill!

UK is not LR's main market for the brand anymore including the LRX - China and Russia are buying big. Who gives a stuff what it looks like......hats off to LR for turning the brand around from the ailing manufacturer of 15 -20 years ago. 
My Landrover History:
2008 Discovery 3 GS Auto
2006 Discovery 3 Manual
2004 Discovery 3 Manual

Post #96636 27th Mar 2011 4:24 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Well said Dom, actually there are loads of die hard Landy people out there who still think the Disco1 is an abomination and has diluted the brand............. they thought the same of Freelander1 (it was condemned as a hiardresser's car and nobody knew who would want one - both have sold by the shed load and have been the saving grace of LR, and many of those die hards now own a modern LR after their Series dissolved into a heap of dust or just expired! Die hards condemned the L322 and cried out for something that would look like the P38A............... LR built one for them and called it the Range Rover Sport but then the same diehards called it a footballers or drug dealers wagon. Evoque has the same detractors, I bet as soon as they start to appear on forecourts at £20000 folks will be rushing to buy them instead of a Freelander. I have an order for an Evoque, it suits my needs to a T, small, nimble, luxuriously finished and for the time being, by virtue of the outrageous price LR are asking for it just a tiny bit exclusive. I condemned LR roundly for associating it with Victoria Beckham and still do - to the extent that I thought about asking for my deposit back, thankfully I didn't. I could have bought a Freelander but it doesn't suit my needs, it is too wide. It is a very good car but due to circumstances i need something narrower than a Freel2. To me the Evoque coupe looks like a crouching toad................... but then you cannot see the outside when you are sat inside it and I'm not really worried what other road users think of it! How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #96639 27th Mar 2011 4:42 pm
dunroof

Well said Tim, I couldn't have put the arguement better myself. The D1 was an abomination. The FL1 was a crappy car. It sold because it was cheap. The Beckham Chariot wont sell to many. It's an over priced bit of bling. I mean if you think the FL2 is too wide for your needs, then how many of us here would put up with it being a few inches narrower? Not many. I am also not sure that many people on here would want a 'crouching toad' in their driveway. Each to their own, but I think LR have missed the mark on this one. I personally wouldn't have one as a free gift, although I accept after a year, many might find their way onto the second hand car lots at 20k!

Post #96654 27th Mar 2011 7:59 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

i thought the evoque was wider than the FL2? It looks like it is perhaps its me.

Tim - you may not see the outside through the letterbox sized rear window Whistle

Each to their own, I like the inside and front of the Evoque but hate the rear and the price. Always loved the FL2 hence had another. Who knows the FL3 (or whatever they call it) will be a cross between the 2?

Post #96693 27th Mar 2011 10:19 pm
Dom Harvey

Now come on, dunroof, be honest you're really hankering after a pipe, beard, pair of slippers and a Series 3..... Laughing

BTW how much are they anyway? 
My Landrover History:
2008 Discovery 3 GS Auto
2006 Discovery 3 Manual
2004 Discovery 3 Manual

Post #96697 27th Mar 2011 10:50 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>