Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > iPhone 3G and bluetooth?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
McDowell

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver
iPhone 3G and bluetooth?

Hi, Is anybody else having problems with an iPhone 3G and bluetooth connectivity? It worked fine until upgrading the software on the phone to iOS4. Now the car will not even see it. My 3GS is working fine on the same software. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks, Andrew.

Post #73880 13th Aug 2010 2:11 pm
whippetman

England 

Yes I have the odd problem after the upgrade.Pairs up ok when it feels like it.I press the dashboard button marked phone and then select from choice shown.Used to sort its self out before the "upgrade"....
typical advance means 2 steps backwards Crying or Very sad

Post #73893 13th Aug 2010 4:27 pm
MadMax

Italy 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey

Never had a problem after upgrading to iOS 4.
I suggest to try pairing again the phone. I saw similar situation with other devices and often a re-pairing worked.

MadMax

Post #74015 15th Aug 2010 7:27 pm
Oscr

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

With iOS4 on my 3GS I never had any problems at all, but with the new iPhone 4 and iOS4, I lose the Bluetooth-connection all the time.

Annoying as it is, I think the problem is with the phone, not the cars Bluetooth-receiver. Leopard tank drivers never stop at anything.

2007 TD4 HSE Moon Roof Ebony Leather Navi...

Post #74178 17th Aug 2010 8:53 pm
xtattsbox

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Re: iPhone 3G and bluetooth?

McDowell wrote:
Hi, Is anybody else having problems with an iPhone 3G and bluetooth connectivity? It worked fine until upgrading the software on the phone to iOS4. Now the car will not even see it. My 3GS is working fine on the same software. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks, Andrew.

Andrew I had exactly the same problem with mine. I set the iPhone up to be discoverable and the car the search. One a couple of occasions the Enter Pin number 1234 appeared for about 1/2 sec and then it wend back to searching. I then highlighted the Land Rover kit on the phone and clicked on the blue arrow and told it to connect. The phone asked for the PIN. entered the pin. Turned everything off, rebooted the phone and it connected up.

Bit of a faff, but it worked. I hope that you get the PIN flash up quickly otherwise I have no idea... Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #74224 18th Aug 2010 2:37 pm
Boof

2010 Freelander 2 TD4 Sport Manual Santorini Black

It is well documented problem with the 3gs after upgrading to OS4. Mine was fine for a while then loses the connection. It is supposed to have been rectified with the 4.02 upgrade however that had caused even more problems with my iphone it now resets itself after a few minute during a call. Another documented fault.
So it snot the LR bluetooth its the IPhone. If you search for Iphone bluetooth connection problems its all there

Post #74727 26th Aug 2010 9:30 pm
Berre

Belgium 

Boof wrote:
It is well documented problem with the 3gs after upgrading to OS4. Mine was fine for a while then loses the connection. It is supposed to have been rectified with the 4.02 upgrade however that had caused even more problems with my iphone it now resets itself after a few minute during a call. Another documented fault.
So it snot the LR bluetooth its the IPhone. If you search for Iphone bluetooth connection problems its all there

Right, all of those bugs are well documented ... they'll be corrected in the upcoming iOS4.1 for the iPhone on Sept. 8!
Cheers

Post #75177 3rd Sep 2010 3:24 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1