« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Goodyear Wrangler AT/R v Pirelli Scorpion AT
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
koevoet

Scotland 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Tonga Green
Goodyear Wrangler AT/R v Pirelli Scorpion AT

Quandary! My HSE is fitted with Good Year EagleF1 GS-D3 XL, which by all accounts are 99.9% road tyre, even the goodyear site has them as high performance road tyres blah blah motor racing blah!! you get the picture! Not really what you want on a 4x4 esp heading back into winter. I have no doubt as to their aquaplaning resistance etc.BUT, snow I dont see that working out.

Any one tried the Goodyear Wrangler AT / R or the Pirelli Scorpion AT, both selling through 4x4tyres.com. Websites are good,but not the same as views ofthose who have tried the items in question

http://www.4x4tyres.com/index.php?show=tyr...ile=235/60

Thats the best price I have seen for the Pirelli.
Just looking to see how others have got on,plenty tread left on the D3'S but prices tend to rise going back into winter and I dont want another set of wheels and tyres clogging the garage.

Cheers in advance folks FL2 HSE Tonga Green and Clio Sport 182 (Hers!)Milltek exhaust ,Speedline Turinis.

Post #73754 11th Aug 2010 10:46 am
lmorris4975

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

I am looking at either of these tyres to buy for winter, would be nice to know what people think of them Thumbs Up

Post #73791 11th Aug 2010 9:11 pm
psyxologos

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

The wranglers came as standard in my 2008 HSE and served me superbly. When I clanged them I went for Michelin Diamaris, as they were advertised as a top shelve tire, so I thought I give them a go.

Post #73797 12th Aug 2010 12:33 am
superspark

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

wranglers every time Thumbs Up

Post #73813 12th Aug 2010 9:23 am
koevoet

these are the 60/40 50/50 on /off road tyres not the more road biased wranglers and scorpions that are standard fit.these are both a more aggressive tread folks.there seems to be 3 types of Scorpion and a few differing types of wrangler. FL2 HSE Tonga Green and Clio Sport 182 (Hers!)Milltek exhaust ,Speedline Turinis.

Post #73820 12th Aug 2010 12:05 pm
gmcowan

Scotland 

I'd love to be able to give an opinion but are having serious difficulty getting hold of an AT type tyre.

I have 18 inch wheels and the options seem to be Goodyear AT/Rs, pirelli ATs or pirelli ATRs.
Mostly want the pirelli atrs.

lots of places have them listed but they are all being wound down and discontinued. So far best has been somewhere that located 2 goodyears.

I would really like the Goodyear at/sa silent armour but not made in the correct size yet.

I suppose there are always the coopers.

Gordon

Post #73895 13th Aug 2010 5:34 pm
koevoet

Censored , looking more and more like I will simply end up putting on the goodyear wrangler HP all weather then,the handling qualities of the AT's on Goodyear's own website give them 2 out of 5! given that the car will spend 70-80% of its time on road then that's not an area for too much compromise.Especially as I work overseas and want to leave the car in a condition where my wife can take a car that will guarentee her arrival whatever the weather (if it's that bad she wont be going anywhere anyway!).Cant believe someone put Eagle F1's on a Landie, must have been a townie!! (Yes, it says Edinburgh, but thats my nearest City,not where I live).
Ah well, maybe Goodyear will see the light and make the SA's in 18 at some point... Rolling Eyes Simply cant be arsed getting another 2nd set of wheels and tyres! FL2 HSE Tonga Green and Clio Sport 182 (Hers!)Milltek exhaust ,Speedline Turinis.

Post #73936 14th Aug 2010 5:47 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1