Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Front pads........£165 please?!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Dunk

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Nazca Sand
Front pads........£165 please?!

Shocked , bought for £34, fitted in an hour with the bro' in law. Hard to justify the price I think? That's well over £200+ saved on just the front/rear pads/fitment alone. I realise some don't have the facility or know anybody who will help.....here's a good enough incentive to find someone!

Moan over.......

Post #72996 29th Jul 2010 8:37 pm
superspark

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

I fully agree with you, the stealers are modern day highwaymen and i for one wont bow down to them. a have the ability to do many service and repair jobs on cars and are more than willing to help anyone who needs advice.
If I can help I will as i have many times already. Thumbs Up

Post #73055 30th Jul 2010 7:52 pm
Dunk

superspark wrote:
I fully agree with you, the stealers are modern day highwaymen and i for one wont bow down to them. a have the ability to do many service and repair jobs on cars and are more than willing to help anyone who needs advice.
If I can help I will as i have many times already. Thumbs Up

Fair play to you Thumbs Up My car is out of warranty in a few weeks, so i've already ordered a full service kit for approx' £50 which consists of mainly genuine parts, just need to get the oil and in a few months time i'll be knocking on my brother's door with a case of beers in my hand doing my best impession of puss n' boots from shrek and i'll save another £200+ Very Happy

Post #73061 30th Jul 2010 9:05 pm
superspark

I dont blame you mate, ive just serviced mine for a fraction of the cost at the stealers. Funny though, they never even bothered to ring me up and tell me the service was due. The service date was over two months ago Rolling with laughter At their prices they wouldnt of got the work Laughing

Post #73116 31st Jul 2010 8:07 pm
Dunk

If I was looking to sell the car in the near future I would have the work done at a main dealer but i'm expecting to still have it when it'll have very high mileage....you won't recouperate the costs of this overcharging when selling the car I would doubt Question

So far I've recently saved/will have saved the following..............

£160.00 on four tyres (same Goodyear Wranglers)
£110.00 rear disc pads
£130.00 front disc pads
£280.00 service

£680.00 toal less a beer or two where necessary, for very basic items. It's a huge saving and I welcome it at the moment Thumbs Up Not only that I have more faith in 'our Dave' as he is a well qaulified diesel fitter who could do this sort of thing in his sleep, he's very thorough too. My only problem will arise if some diagnostic work needs doing but i'd have to pay a main dealer/independant now as the warranty is out.

Last edited by Dunk on 1st Aug 2010 5:29 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #73139 1st Aug 2010 3:36 pm
superspark

Hi Dunk, how many miles did you have on your car before you changed the front and rear discs? did you replace them all at the same time?. If your planning on keeping your car a long time like me then you might be interested in buying one of these, have a look, tell me what you think, could save a fortune in the long run. Go to this web site and scroll down to you find your car with full coverage, you might be amazed Thumbs Up https://blackbox-solutions.com/shop/

Post #73146 1st Aug 2010 5:17 pm
Dunk

superspark wrote:
Hi Dunk, how many miles did you have on your car before you changed the front and rear discs? did you replace them all at the same time?. If your planning on keeping your car a long time like me then you might be interested in buying one of these, have a look, tell me what you think, could save a fortune in the long run. Go to this web site and scroll down to you find your car with full coverage, you might be amazed Thumbs Up https://blackbox-solutions.com/shop/

Sorry SS, just edited my post to correct......was both front and rear disc pad replacement, not discs. Replaced the rears at approx' 38,000 and the fronts at 49,000 miles. Thanks for the link to the site, looks interesting Thumbs Up

Post #73147 1st Aug 2010 5:33 pm
superspark

No problem. I was looking at the faultmate for the FL2 with full capablity. Its a lot of money but the benifites of telling the dealer or garage exactly what you want replaced insted of them charging a fortune puts a smile on my face. The most easy things can be replaced by ourselves.

Post #73187 2nd Aug 2010 7:19 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Blackbox solutions is a Disco3 sponsor Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #73189 2nd Aug 2010 7:40 pm
superspark

Npinks, it may be a disco 3 sponsor which i didnt know but the tools they have for the freelander 2 are second to none. In my ref to this site was for diagnostic tools and software directly to do with freelander 2 only. I have not mentioned the site for any other purpose Thumbs Up

Post #73458 5th Aug 2010 6:26 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

No problem at all Thumbs Up

Just thought I would mention it as sometimes where there's a sponsor there's a discount Laughing

And you never know, if those now out of warranty are going to tinker, then they might sponsor freel2 if interest comes along Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #73461 5th Aug 2010 7:16 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1