« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > water / wet footwells carpets either passenger / driver side
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
s7gpt

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black
water / wet footwells carpets either passenger / driver side

One possible solution is that the rubber hose that takes condensed water from the air con system has worked loose.
To access this and check I first ran the engine with air con on max for 20 mins. then pulled up and let car stand to see if carpets became wet. If they do then using a 10mm socket un do the only screw holding the plastic panel at the side of the clutch pedal. the panel is then held in place by some plastic 'pop outs' so carefully just pull it away. from here you will see a rubber pipe running up under the centre console from the side just in front of your clutch pedal ( see pictures when i work out how to add Confused ).

Now if this pipe is not attached to anything it needs to be slid into the console were it will marry up with the black plastic box. To see the box kneel outside car, torch in right hand and depress clutch with left hand and place head there, using torch look under centre console and you should just see the black plastic box with a half inch pipe sticking out of it at the bottom. So again kneeling on the floor and using 'the force' as you will be unable to see the plastic pipe now, marry the 2 up. this will take some time and lots of swearing etc but can be done Wink

Finally put cover back on and get first aid kit to cover cuts and burns from the very hot air con pipe as you were too impatient to wait till the thing cooled - as if Crying or Very sad

Anyone more techincally minded feel free to edit / change as needed and if i can e-mail the pics to someone to add to this then that would be great too Thumbs Up freelander 2 SE black and beige - now sold

Last edited by s7gpt on 12th Sep 2011 6:06 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #71931 12th Jul 2010 9:11 pm
m1964

United States 
Re: water / wet footwells carpets either passenger / driver

s7gpt wrote:

Anyone more techincally minded feel free to edit / change as needed and if i can e-mail the pics to someone to add to this then that would be great too Thumbs Up

it may help to place a zip-tie around the hose to prevent it from falling off again?..

Post #71947 13th Jul 2010 4:07 am
s7gpt

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

getting a few requests for pics of this, if you want them please PM me with your email addy and i'll forward on.

of course if someone can add them to the guide then that would help too freelander 2 SE black and beige - now sold

Post #112872 12th Sep 2011 6:11 pm
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Just put them in your gallery Thumbs Up

Post #112888 12th Sep 2011 7:14 pm
Johnfaz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Just had some fun...

The drain hose in question is only about six inches long and runs from behind the console (half inch metal tube) to a plastic junction immediately under the carpet. The tube is unlikely to get blocked but the plastic joint (narrow and right angled) is.

I would suggest...

Pull back carpet to expose plastic joint, detach drain hose from this end only, blow air through plastic joint to clear drain and reattach the tube etc

DO NOT disconnect the drain tube from beneath the console (the fun). As per the OP you cannot see it and work on it at the same time, and there very limited space. As an ex aircraft fitter I can only commend the OP on his control of the force - he must be a gynaecologist. If this connection does come adrift...
pull back carpet and remove drain tube entirely.
lubricate console end of tube - I used fairy liquid (other brands of washing up fluid are available)
Apply ‘the force’ - worked first time for me, good luck
Reattach drain tube under carpet and replace carpet.

Post #376173 3rd Aug 2019 3:54 pm
John78

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Hi I've got a water problem on my 2007 se, I parked in on a slope and the driver's side foot well literally filled with water(see size of puddle in pic lol). Do you think this could be the air con tube? It hadn't rains for a week when I noticed the extent of the water. I did know there was an issue as the carpet is wet all the way to the rear seat.

Post #400473 28th Nov 2020 3:24 pm
Johnfaz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

@john78, could be the aircon drain

It looks like you’ll have to have the carpet up to dry it (and the foam underneath) anyway, so then...

From memory - the drain connection in the floor is easily visible and you might check as well check the connection and blow it through while you’re at it.

If the drain hose appears at all loose at the hidden console end (don’t pull hard) refer to prev post☹️

Good luck

Post #400479 28th Nov 2020 6:07 pm
John78

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Thanks for the reply I'll have a look👍

Post #400485 28th Nov 2020 7:04 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1