Home > Australia & New Zealand > Genuine After Market Bluetooth
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
djwhyte

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame
Genuine After Market Bluetooth

Hi,

Damn! Land Rover have done a good job of making it confusing to understand what comes as standard with which model over here!!!

Anyways, I am looking to get a pre-loved Freelander 2 (2007-2009-ish model) very soon and quite like the HSE models but I noticed that standard HSE do not have bluetooth. If you buy one that has the technology pack, you get the bluetooth handsfree and the sat nav. Also, the standard HSE seem to have 9 speaker alpine stereos and the technology pack improves this by making it a 14 speaker unit. Most of the cars that I am interested in don't have the technology pack and I am researching alternatives to add bluetooth.

Talking to Australian dealers, I am being told that it is impossible to add bluetooth after the car leaves the factory. I have been researching though and it seems that there are two parts to how Land Rover include bluetooth, the steering wheel controls (know as PTI I think) and the actual bluetooth unit. All HSE's come with the PTI on the steering wheel in Australia.

I have also seen the LR006279 kit, which I understand is the actual bluetooth kit for the Freelander 2 and this is openly available for sale in the UK and on the internet (e.g. http://www.shop4landrover.co.uk/category/F...y,b.html).

Can anyone tell me if they know anything about adding this piece of equipment to a standard HSE to add bluetooth? Hopefully someone here has done it before and can give me some good advice.

Sorry for the long post and thankyou,
Whytey

Post #74541 24th Aug 2010 11:43 am
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Not sure about the spec over there but all HSE models here (so far as I know) have bluetooth fitted but my experience of the system is absolute rubbish - rarely do I ever get a clear phone call as it is usually filled with constant crackling like a scratched vinyl record which is so bad you have to abort the call, then sometimes when you call a number & it is engaged you press the "EXIT" button to stop the call only it pysically stops but the display still reads Dialing 07*** ****...... & you can't stop it unless you stop the car & shut it all down Censored then sometimes it disconects the phone to boot Censored
Keep telling dealers but am told nothing wrong only it did it all yesterday & as the phone had been disconected buy the car I video'd it on the phone as evidence. Rolling Eyes
My advice would be buy a Parrat! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #74582 24th Aug 2010 7:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
W.D.C.A.P.H.

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey

Look to buy a Garmin Nuvi sat-nav. My 1390T fits beautifully in the sat-nav hole and the Bluetooth is faultless. Thumbs Up We Don't Care About Pot Holes !!

Post #74599 24th Aug 2010 9:29 pm
kiwisully

New Zealand 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Santorini Black

when you say it fits in your hole (oh er missues) where do you wire into are ther wires every where or are tehy concealed in some way??

Post #74615 25th Aug 2010 9:21 am
W.D.C.A.P.H.

Wire comes through a drilling at the back of the 'hole'. It's fed from an ignition switched feed in the passengers footwell. If you need to remove the unit, the wire hides under the rubber mat.

I'll admit, it's not a perfect "factory fit", but it's neat and does not look out of place.

My car is in for a new windscreen at the mo, but I'll take some photos when I get it back.

Pics here now :-

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Phone options page.

Hope this helps. We Don't Care About Pot Holes !!

Post #74624 25th Aug 2010 2:10 pm
W.D.C.A.P.H.

Photo's available now We Don't Care About Pot Holes !!

Post #74783 27th Aug 2010 6:36 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1