« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Telephone Survey
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
nicam

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame
Telephone Survey

I`ve just had a strange telephone call asking for me by name then " I`m told by Land Rover that you have a Freelander 2 - can I ask you a question, probably the only question about it?". I say "OK". He then says "On what date did you take delivery of your car? - Answer "29th March". He says "Thank you but I only want to survey owners who have had their cars between 30 & 65 days". Exclamation Question
How bizarre. Perhaps they want the survey results before owners find out about the starting gremlins, etc.
Anyone else had the same call - and if you qualified for the rest of the survey, what did they want to know? Don`t drive faster than your angel can fly!

Post #4033 25th Jun 2007 11:33 am
Kaine

United Kingdom 

did he not introduce himself - i.e. marketing/research company name? If not, then I'd be concerned who it was asking Confused

Post #4037 25th Jun 2007 12:21 pm
boiledgnat

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Can't be LR admin, as they don't seem to have any idea as to who actually owns an FL2 already, hence they keep contacting me to see if I'd like a test drive !

Post #4038 25th Jun 2007 1:32 pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

boiledgnat wrote:
Can't be LR admin, as they don't seem to have any idea as to who actually owns an FL2 already, hence they keep contacting me to see if I'd like a test drive !

Laughing Laughing

Post #4042 25th Jun 2007 3:32 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

In my experience of Land Rover Customer Services, when they call they ALWAYS tell you who it is and the call centre staff tell you their name and also tell you that the conversation may be recorder for training purposes. How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #4043 25th Jun 2007 3:34 pm
nicam

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

I must admit to not catching the name of the organisation he represented, but he said it was on behalf of Land Rover and that they had supplied my details. I probably would have asked again if he`d gone any further with the questions.
It definitely wasn`t Land Rover - I`ve had the direct contact a while ago and she gave me all the details and direct contact numbers and an e-mail address in case there were any issues I needed to raise with them direct.
I thought that the 30 - 65 days was the strangest part of it. Do people change there opinions on day 66?
Nicam Don`t drive faster than your angel can fly!

Post #4047 25th Jun 2007 4:29 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I had a call like this nicam and it was 'alledgedly' on behalf of Landrover. It was mid my problems and thought it was afriend ringing to take the Censored , as they asked was I pleased and could I spare 10 mins to help out on the research. They had my reg no and work phone number and dealer details. Shortly after I received a large form with exactly the same questions...typically, "Are there any squek/ rattles noises inside the cabin area? If so from where?, Have you encountered any problems with the stereo and or the phone hands free link?...etc. The guy knew the spec of the cars very well too as he knew what mine had on it including the extras???? So LR must have employed them.

Post #4050 25th Jun 2007 10:22 pm
waaxh03

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

My wife took a call from a person asking for me by name today and saying Landrover. She had great trouble in understanding him because of his accent. As I was out he said he would call back again. The number that came up on the caller display was 02088918940. Still waiting Yawn

waaxh03

Post #4107 27th Jun 2007 6:29 pm
boiledgnat

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

I got the call today. It's from GfK Automotive who do a lot in the automotive market research arena. I was really looking forward to getting my two penneth in when I was 'disallowed' for having my FL2 for more than 65 days. I quizzed the guy on why this limit had been set, but all he said was 'thats what LR have asked us for'.

I also asked why LR didn't use the info they must already have on when delivery took place. His answer - 'They cant guarantee the accuracy of this info!' Smile

So my advice is to take the call, make up a date which sits you within 30 and 65 days and lets see what questions they ask.

(PS - the caller id was 0208 300 3600)

Post #4277 3rd Jul 2007 8:17 pm
Joiner_8

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Loire Blue
Re: Telephone Survey

nicam wrote:
I`ve just had a strange telephone call asking for me by name then " I`m told by Land Rover that you have a Freelander 2 - can I ask you a question, probably the only question about it?". I say "OK". He then says "On what date did you take delivery of your car? - Answer "29th March". He says "Thank you but I only want to survey owners who have had their cars between 30 & 65 days". Exclamation Question
How bizarre. Perhaps they want the survey results before owners find out about the starting gremlins, etc.
Anyone else had the same call - and if you qualified for the rest of the survey, what did they want to know?

I got the same call about a week ago and I also found it strange.

Post #4414 8th Jul 2007 1:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1