« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Boot Light
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
NightFox

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame
Boot Light

Only tonight did I notice that there's a light in the boot, on the nearside (maybe the offside on LHD models?). Only thing is, mine wasn't on, and I couldn't see a switch (though it was dark!). I assume this light should come on when the tailgate is open, but is it like the interior lights with a switch somewhere for setting its mode (off/on/on with tailgate)?

I'll have to have a proper look for a switch in the daylight, but in the mean time does anyone know off-hand?

Post #3943 20th Jun 2007 10:18 pm
defkalion

Greece 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Nightfox, having fitted a towbar recently, I had to take the side boot plastic part off - that's where the boot light is. So, from my experience I would say that it is most probable that your boot light power clip has gone off, or the light bulb is burn out. I think you can take the light off with a screwdriver (you have to press its side, but be careful it's squeezed in there, don't damage it). I wouldn't suggest you take the whole plastic bit off, although it's not as hard as it sounds. As far as I know there is no switch that controls it an an on/off manner.

Post #3966 22nd Jun 2007 10:03 am
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

I don't believe there is a switch for this light. I would caution you not to expect too much from the light when you do replace the bulb or re-attach the wire if it has fallen off. This light is one of the crappiest features of the car (IMHO), it is next to Censored all use, it's not very bright and its in completely the wrong position (you'll find it shines more light in your eyes that into the boot space). The boot light should be similar to the other two interior lights in the car; to be any use the boot light needs to be positioned in the roof pointing down over the entire boot area. I use the boot space a lot travelling for work, I've ended up keeping a torch in the boot to see what I'm doing.....

Post #3969 22nd Jun 2007 12:23 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1