Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Hunters (Guildford)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Sinaisid

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black
Hunters (Guildford)

Bad, In fact so bad we gave up trying to deal with them, bought our car from our old dealer in Edinburgh, and had it shipped to a local dealer in the same group (Stratstone).

We did have an 04 runout model Disco and once we decided to change tried to get our local dealer to talk sense about part-ex and the purchase of a new Freelander 2.

Now it could be they have business coming out of their ears?? However, it looked like good old poor service, poor training and poor staff to me!!!! - I could not get any interest from the dealership in 3 visits.

Stratstone Edinburgh was 180 degrees different, helpful courteous and wanting to do the business.

I guess for service I'll use Statstone Heathrow. Hope they are as good as the guys up North!! (there is no way I would consider going near Hunters again).

Post #3886 18th Jun 2007 6:05 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Good job too! Vote with your feet friend, and tell the world Thumbs Up

Post #3897 18th Jun 2007 7:43 pm
Very Annoyed

No dealings with Hunters service but when I was in the Market for a new car their sales were terrible. I put down a deposit for a D3 only to be told 1 hour later that I couldn't have the car. I explained to them that if I had canceled the order they would have kept my deposit and that I fully expected Hunters to give me £1k for my troubles - they didn't, so I drove to Guy Salmon in Thames Ditton and bought a RRS! RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE Zambezi silver, Alpaca, Privicy Glass, Sun roof, PTI, Tasmod's sills, DVD for the offspring, Sex on wheels! RRSPORT.CO.UK sticker on back window! S/C grill & Vents, Front & Rear Lamp Guards, Driving lamps and mud in places you wouldn't believe!
D3 for the wife - No extras! (she has to earn them!)

I like Boobies!!!!

Post #3909 19th Jun 2007 2:01 pm
Hotcoffee

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

I bought my car from Hunters back in April and was hugely impressed by them. Not only did I receive an excellent deal on my car but the sales guy (Stephen Shortland) kept me up to date with everything and was both pleasant and easy to talk too. Not over the top and assli*king which is not what I want. Servicing won't be done at Hunters as I live some 30 miles away and a more local dealer will be used so can't comment on that. All in all though - a good transaction.

Post #5591 17th Aug 2007 1:08 pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Not knows as *unters for nothing, you know.

For servicing I would heartily recommend Guava for those in the Guildford area. 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE
Java/Alpaca, PTI, Privacy Glass, S/C Side Vents and Grille & Tasmod's Sills!

Post #5594 17th Aug 2007 2:41 pm
pelyma

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Thumbs Up @S D4 HSE Lux for me
FL2 HSE Zermatt & Alpacca for the wife now gone
Skoda Yeti L&K for the wife.

Post #5637 19th Aug 2007 8:40 am
JD

2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black
HUnters is spelt HUNTERS for the rude person who put the *in

Right - let’s set the record straight on Hunters in Guildford - Bloody good service.

Roy, and Stephen - spot on, have dealt with them now on two purchases in two/three years. They have delivered the best spec vehicles for the money - they have been accommodating, professional and personable. Granted I can not vouch for all the staff in hunters but next time you go in there instead of uttering the words "Denny Crane" , ask for Stephen Shortland - and you will receive the proper service in the proper way.

Dave Smile

Post #5845 29th Aug 2007 4:26 pm
Columbarius

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Tonga Green
Curate's egg

I'm interested to read the posts so far. I made my original FL2 enquiries of LR direct, they sent the info. I requested & referred me to Hunters (based on postcode I assume) for a test drive. When I phoned Hunter's I was referred to "Steve" (apparently a senior sales consultant) and arranged a visit.

As things turned out I was unable to make the appointment & phoned Steve to change it to the following week. He was not available. I phoned again the next day to confirm, again he was not available, so I left another message, and was promised he would call back. He didn't.

Anyway I wandered in on the day I'd planned, Steve apparently didn't work that day (he could have called to mention it) and met Jason ... who couldn't have been more helpful. He was obviously a "newbie" but he did everything he could, including arranging what I considered to be a fair price, and within 24hrs had sold a car. For all I know it could have been his first.

As always, it's not the company, it's the person so Hunters in my book ... "good in parts".

Next week they're taking it in to look at the "sticky gearbox" ( see post in technical) so I'll see how good their service department is. BTW, they're collecting & returning to the house, I live 15 or so miles from Guildford. Might be an option for Hotcoffee.

Post #9994 14th Nov 2007 6:55 pm
Sinaisid

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

Thanks for the info on on Guava - Still a while to first service but I'll give them a go. In fact I want the roof bars fitted which will be a good test!!!

Post #10896 29th Nov 2007 6:15 pm
phil_wkl

Australia 

Picked up my Baltic Blue yesterday and so far so good. Popped in 2 weeks ago and dealt with Mark (fairly new to Hunters). Very good and personable. Always returned calls and didn't hurry my decision, even though I spent over half hour humming and harring before deciding to buy. Didn't feel pressurised at all. Don't know about any other staff. Phil

Post #15429 9th Mar 2008 9:55 pm
Loserbaby

United Kingdom 

I purchased a 2008 GS Auto from Mark at Hunters a couple of weeks ago. He was very helpful, pointing out some minor issues when i came to collect the car and sorting them out the next week.

Post #66217 12th Apr 2010 4:37 pm
ME 1

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

We also dealt with Mark at hunters, nice guy but useless at keeping you updated & phoning back, we've only had ours 4 weeks so not had to deal with the service dept yet. I used to like holding up traffic !!!!
FL2 2010 TD4-e GS (now gone!)
FL2 2013 SD4 GS

Post #66262 12th Apr 2010 9:46 pm
Junior

England 

So not a new problem then? Some of these posts are 3 years old and the dealer experience was hit 'n' miss even then Shocked

Post #66272 12th Apr 2010 10:43 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1