Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > side protection tubes ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
gilfishman

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey
side protection tubes ?

do these offer any off road protection Question or as ive heard can sometimes cause a hindrance in some off road situations, thoughts please,,,,,.manythanks. Current: Freelander 2 GS, Orkney Grey, Factory fit privacy glass, design pack and Clearview pack. Almond Leather ,rear spoiler,rear mudflaps.my13.

Gone:Freelander 2, GS, "61"

Gone: Freelander 2, GS.e, "59"

Gone: Freelander 2, S, "08"

Post #64573 24th Mar 2010 10:35 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

they are designed to protect the sills

My set of offroading sidetubes have taken some hammer, due to flooring out, but i have never been caught up and not got over something due to them. Its more the fact my front wheels have bounced over and the cars sunk, due to excess speed/driver error. The others following me saw the error and drove slower and had not touchdown.

The brackets did bend one day and the little rubber trim on the bottom of the door was scrapping them when i opened the passenger door, but nothing that could be sorted at home. Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #64578 24th Mar 2010 10:55 am
Dropbear

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Zermatt Silver

Mine came fitted with tubes from the dealer however I took them off as I believe they need to be shifted to allow the car jack to be used. (Can anyone else comment on this, feel free to correct me Question ) Any terrain bad enough to need side protection wouldn’t be advisable without other under-body protection.

Post #64581 24th Mar 2010 11:03 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

you do have to loosen the retaining bolts to jack the car up, 30 second job if that with the tyre lever Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #64586 24th Mar 2010 11:07 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1